Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bank opinions needed

+4
thanutz
stue
Newcastle knight
Portuguese_Kitt
8 posters
 :: Off Topic
Go down
Portuguese_Kitt
Portuguese_Kitt

Bank opinions needed Empty Bank opinions needed

Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:15 pm
Hello my friends,

I have a question, i don`t know if you can help me.
I am thinking in open an account in a British Bank.
The Euro currency is crossing a bad time and i would like to keep my few € safe.
If i had an account in pounds, if the euro goes down it will be safer for me.
What bank do you recommend for this?
I was told Barcklays and they`d contacted me. I will have to go to UK with my wife and open the acount.
Anyway, if you can recommend me a good bank i`ll be grateful.
Thanks a lot.

Regards
Helder
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Bank opinions needed Empty Re: Bank opinions needed

Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:22 pm
Well i am with HSBC and i have been all my life, and ive never had one single problem with them, thats all i can offer !
Portuguese_Kitt
Portuguese_Kitt

Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:29 pm
Thanks my friend.
I will have to hurry, because i don`t want to loose my few savings.
I see a bad future for the € currency and i am affraid that the € ends.
If i loose my few € i can`t finish my Kitt replica!!
So i have to do something...
stue
stue

Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:57 pm
hsbc for me aswell,great online service and very helpfull Smile
Portuguese_Kitt
Portuguese_Kitt

Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:42 pm
Thanks... I will search info about HSBC and contact them! Wink
thanutz
thanutz

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:30 pm
I think you would be better opening in a dif currency to £, we are too closely linked to the € prosperity. Also, can you not open an account in portugal which is USD denominated. I know you can in the UK.
Portuguese_Kitt
Portuguese_Kitt

Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:01 pm
thanutz wrote:I think you would be better opening in a dif currency to £, we are too closely linked to the € prosperity. Also, can you not open an account in portugal which is USD denominated. I know you can in the UK.

Thanks my friend. It is a good point of view.
Is the £ in risk too?
Let`s see what my wife thinks.

starskyknight
starskyknight
http://www.starsky-iom.com/replicar

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:04 pm
is it just for savings? I work in Offshore savings in the Isle of Man, we operate accounts in EURO and £. Our deposits are Goverment guarenteed as well as EU and IMF backed so totally safe, minimum account balance is quite high though. Here is a link to our rates and account types, short term, medium, long term savings accounts.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Steven
Portuguese_Kitt
Portuguese_Kitt

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:13 pm
starskyknight wrote:is it just for savings? I work in Offshore savings in the Isle of Man, we operate accounts in EURO and £. Our deposits are Goverment guarenteed as well as EU and IMF backed so totally safe, minimum account balance is quite high though. Here is a link to our rates and account types, short term, medium, long term savings accounts.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Steven

Thanks.
PM sent...
thanutz
thanutz

Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:43 pm
I don't think safety was the concern - it is more protecting of the devaluation of the €.
Portuguese_Kitt
Portuguese_Kitt

Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:26 pm
thanutz wrote:I don't think safety was the concern - it is more protecting of the devaluation of the €.

That`s right! Wink
Knight Passions
Knight Passions
http://www.knightpassions.net

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:09 pm
Banks are not safe to put a lot of money on, believe me.
The world is changing, many things are changing.

People in the world are becoming awake from the things that are going on in this (grazy) world, things that always kept away from us.

Do you think that what's on the news is what always really happening?...no, they only show us what they want as to believe.
If you keep repeating it, people will believe it.

I have a portuguese girlfriend (as a normal friend then) and she's really very, very special.
She knows things that are out of this world, she feels things coming before they are happening.

It's even difficult to surprice her sometimes, because she just knows what's coming.

A nice example of this,...

I arranged her first driving lesson, the day in front of it she said "I had such a strange dream, I was sitting behind the wheel driving a car".

I know her for 15 years now, but she keeps surpricing me!
This is just one example of the many things.

I'm restoring a 1964 Ford Mustang convertible, when it's finished I'm going to sell it for the money, because it's worth a lot.
I'm not going to put it on my bank, simply because I trust her feelings.

João
Knight Passions
Knight Passions

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 pm
PS. you can already see it happening, economic is going very bad, started with Greece, many other countries will folow, because the whole system will collaps.
Portuguese_Kitt
Portuguese_Kitt

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:46 pm
I totaly agree with you João!
I don`t have my few €uros in a Bank right now. I usually buy classic cars with it, because i think its a good investment. Let`s see what happens.
Knight Passions
Knight Passions

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:57 pm
I have a nice Mustang for sale hopelly by the end of this year. Wink

I hope Portugal will get the escudo back again, just like all other countries will get there own money back again.

That makes it more fun to go on holiday too, everything is different.
If everything will be the same, then going to another country will be boring, then you can also stay home. Smile

I don't know who came up with the stupid idea to create the stupid Euro, but I never liked it....I hate it actually.
I was never negative on my account till the stupid Euro came.

Did I already say that I think the Euro is stupid? LOL!!

João

Knight Cop
Knight Cop

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:25 am
I totally agree the euro is stupid,, soooo glad we managed to hang onto the pound, good ol Brussels was pushing the uk to goto euro, and it might have happened, but with what's happened recently I think our pound should be safe,,, well I darn well hope it is Wink
Portuguese_Kitt
Portuguese_Kitt

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:08 am
Knight Cop wrote:I totally agree the euro is stupid,, soooo glad we managed to hang onto the pound, good ol Brussels was pushing the uk to goto euro, and it might have happened, but with what's happened recently I think our pound should be safe,,, well I darn well hope it is Wink

I totaly agree with both of you mates.
The Euro was a stupid thing! For example here in Portugal before the euro we usually have a coffe for 60Escudos (The old Portuguese currency), with the beginning of the € we had started to pay 0,60€, twice the old value or 120Escudos. We are paying all the things twice.
It`s really bad! UK made the smartest, inteligent choice, keeping the pound. Wink
Knight Cop
Knight Cop

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:19 pm
Portuguese_Kitt wrote:UK made the smartest, inteligent choice, keeping the pound. Wink

The only reason that happened was because the British are stubborn and hate change Laughing no intelligent decision from a politician involved lol they don't do intelligent decisions, it was only fear of public back lash that stopped us going that way.

I know my Portuguese friends feel the same, the euro killed business.
Portuguese_Kitt
Portuguese_Kitt

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:44 pm
Knight Cop wrote:

Laughing no intelligent decision from a politician involved lol they don't do intelligent decisions

Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing
I totally agree with your words! Politicions don`t do nothing. They only steal our money!
In Portugal Politicions are the biggest robbers! They screw us every way!
They steal so much, that our Country is going down and down every day!
Knight Cop
Knight Cop

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:20 pm
Well a lot of ours at the moment are under the microscope for dodgy expenses claims etc, so the public is slowly realising that they work for us and should start expecting more from them,,good luck on that lol

But the big problem with politicians is there desire to be the ones who fixed the country unless the best idea to fix it is someone else's.

The thing is when a new government party comes into power they have these 101 great ideas that will fix the country, and well maybe some of them are great and will fix the area there supposed to,, but normally any really important change takes time, time to develope, time to research, time to get everyone on board and time to implement. Now the problem is before the great idea has time to come to fruition and work a new party comes into power and scraps it.

Even if it was looking like it was working politicians would hate a success during there term in power to be because of the old party in power, they know this would make them look bad.

The sooner they stop worrying about who gets the credit for fixing things and just work together to darn well fix it the better off we'll be,,, but well there's an old saying that I think spells it out best.

"wanting to be a politician should immediately rule you out from being one"

Laughing
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:46 pm
Sweden's choice to keep their own currency seems smarter and smarter as Finland chose Euro and all the time I hear this and that gets more expensive because some damn EU direktive says so and as Finlands economy is relatively in good condition we must pay quite a share of the Greece debt and whatever country is next needing help.
It's the Finnish government which is rich, not the ordinary citizens. I think the purchasing power of Finnish wages is one of the poorest in EU because of terrible tax load.
Fuel prices are now over 1,70€, approaching 1,80€, taxes and fees are going to raise, living costs as well like rent, electricity and food but wages wont raise so it means the ordinary citizens get poorer and poorer, how very brightening image for the future :/
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum