Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The toys we wanted as kids but never got...

+3
pbryant_knight
HalloweenKnight
stepheneire25
7 posters
 :: Off Topic
Go down

The toys we wanted as kids but never got... Empty The toys we wanted as kids but never got...

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:32 pm
Me first...Starbird by MB...god I wanted this so bad but santa was a bast*ard that year and got me books and plaster rabbits to paint :-(

Last edited by stevewilde73 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

The toys we wanted as kids but never got... Empty Re: The toys we wanted as kids but never got...

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:54 am
Remember this......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I was spoilt....I got it ( and Red Viper the baddie one) lol

Still got them up in my loft, with LOADS of Thundercats (inc the Thundertank), He-Man and the big Kenner Ecto1 Ghostbusters van ect!

Making me want to go play with them Rolling Eyes

The toys we wanted as kids but never got... Empty Re: The toys we wanted as kids but never got...

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:56 pm
I remember going in Conways toyshop and longfully looking at the 110 etrl kitt, that looked nothing like kitt and pining so bad, I got the 1.24 one instead lol

I wish I had a lot of things from my childhood, I had a 6 million dollar man and kirk doll thing and the eagle off space 1999 and bet they are worth good money now
stepheneire25
stepheneire25

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:55 pm
oooohhh manta force!!! i had forgotten about that!!
any body remember these lads?
with little magnets on their feet Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:34 pm
I remember wanting a Knight Rider poster but dad refused to buy it, instead he offered to buy a world map poster o.O In return I said no to that so it was a situation of "Knight Rider poster or nothing" and the latter won that debate :/

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:21 pm
SteveFawcett wrote:I remember going in Conways toyshop and longfully looking at the 110 etrl kitt, that looked nothing like kitt and pining so bad, I got the 1.24 one instead lol

I wish I had a lot of things from my childhood, I had a 6 million dollar man and kirk doll thing and the eagle from space 1999 and bet they are worth good money now

I've got a Six Mill still boxed, maskatron and Oscar that I've picked over the years. I loved my Steve Austin, the arm was always falling off though lol.

I had the Space 1999 Eagle too, as you say, top money now all of that 70's stuff.

As for Christmas, we got the boys a Steve Austin and a Kenner voice car...much better than all that Peppa pig and Fireman Sam crap. We also got them a Wii, and they never touch it...Steve Austin and KITT get played with everyday!

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:53 pm
Yes, I couldn't resist it, found and got one off of eBay!

Now I want a 'Simon' and an 'Evil Knievel Stunt Cycle!'
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:52 am
Haha,

I loved Manta Force.

God, these bring back memories.

I remember Star Com too but don't remember it looking as much like Lego back then?

Peter

Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:01 am
I don't remember Manta Force strangely, I must have been heavily into Star Wars at the time...

Does anyone remember this...Matchbox Mobile Action Command!

I had this set but was way too young to appreciate it. They do pop up on ebay from time to time and I'd love to get another one day and actually look after it...that was actually one year that santa got it right but just a year or two too early lol

SKIMODE

Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:12 pm
Hey Steve

believe it or not my brother bought me the "Matchbox Mobile Action Command" for this christmas just gone!! lol. over the years i have pretty much re created my entire childhood toy collection including your fav star bird AND the space center that you could buy to go with it!

also got the 6 million dollar man, but i NEED Maskatron!

the items i still really want are "denys cyborgs" i dont have any off these! they go for a small fortune on ebay now and i had them all as a kid!...but they will be mine...oh yes..they will be mine....

stepheneire25
stepheneire25

Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:48 pm
TV recordings from 1988 advertising starcom and mantaforce!!
ignore all the dodgy girly stuff,
Bonus: these adds were recorded between a KR episode hahaha Smile

Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:55 pm
Street Hawk...I have a couple of these now.

stue
stue

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:31 pm
loved streethawk

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:39 pm
stue wrote:loved streethawk

Yeah, it was a good show, 'just missed the boat a bit and never stood a chance.

The episodes are all good in my opinion, they are all strong stories etc. I'm not sure how long it could have lasted though (era aside).

Kenner were all ready for a range of toys too, there is a prototype bike and action figure too...

There is this model, another one by Kenner, mpc/amt made a kit of Jesse's Mustang, a helmet set and there are a few crappy carded guns and wallets, and that's about your lot for the merchandise for this show.

stue
stue

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:42 pm
i just always loved bikes as a kid,hated being given toy cars for crimbo birthday etc well except kitt lol

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:45 pm
my favourite thing about Street Hawk at the time was seeing REAL bikes being jumped.

Season four of KR (which went out at around the same time) had plastic miniatures being chucked around galore and I was gutted at the time lol.

stue
stue

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:58 pm
yeah true,i was 7 when knight rider ended so i didnt notice at the time its only since ive had the car and been refreshing myself with the box set ive noticed all these things Smile
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:48 am
Loved the Streethawk too, I've got all episodes on vhs tapes, should get the dvd box as well. The music was very cool in this show, made by Tangerine Dream. Also the command center was awesome and the Hyperthrust was kind of like KITT's SPM mode.
All in all a great show altough it didn't last more than 13 episodes.

Back in the 80's here in Finland Knight Rider and Street Hawk were aired alternating weeks in the same programme spot and before or after Street Hawk, the alternating show was Whiz Kids which main character was famous from the Little House of the Prairie, Matthew Laborteaux. This show had talking computer too Very Happy

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:40 am
i remember 'whiz kids' well ha ha...i have them here somewhere too ;-)

It was a very thinly disguised 'small screen rip-off' of the movie 'Wargames'.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:14 pm
Matchbox Steer-n-Go

I got one eventually, when they were reduced years later, worth good money now...great toy
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:25 am
I remember how cool those dash toys looked, there was a version with monitor which had a road and car your steered with the wheel, maybe even a Knight Rider version Smile

There's now also accurate scale models of certain cars dashboard, for example '57 Chevrolet Bel Air with working lights, repro owners manual, ignition keys, etc. from GMP Smile

I'd buy KITT's model dash like this if it was available, all buttons would have sounds and effects, like Turboboost, KITT would talk, etc. Smile Of course the center console & overhead console buttons might be missing though.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:41 am
HalloweenKnight wrote:I remember how cool those dash toys looked, there was a version with monitor which had a road and car your steered with the wheel, maybe even a Knight Rider version Smile

Did you mean the Tomy Turbo? This was amazing for it's day.

As for the Knight Rider Dashboard, I had this as a kid (have another now) and it wasn't a great toy - infact it was a remold of another toy (dukes of hazard etc.) but it was still cool - totally inaccurate - but cool ha ha

HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:47 pm
Yes, that's it Very Happy
I so wanted that dash but no, parents didn't buy me one.
hoffman95
hoffman95

Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:49 pm
I think I had one of those dash things in the 90's
91ragtopTA
91ragtopTA

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:30 pm
I wanted the Evil Kneivel stunt bike with wind up handle, never got it. wanted tin can alley too, never got that either! ooh.. and the bionic man action figure with the bionic viewing lens through his head, that's right, never got that either! lol
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum