Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Southern Knight
Southern Knight

Lookie what I bought! Empty Lookie what I bought!

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:12 am
Well, yesterday Foundation member tbuell and I checked this baby out. Here's the info that was on Craigslist...

91 Trans am GTA - $2500 (Austell, Ga.)

T-top car. Rebuilt 350 L98 from a 91 Formula hardtop with 33k on it. GM rebuilt 700r4 with 33k on it. 3:23 pbr disk rear end. 153k on the body. New fuel pump and sending unit. Rebuilt complete front brakes. Aluminum drive shaft, New KYB struts and shocks. Many new parts but too many to list. This was a project of mine that I've lost interest in. Title in hand. It is a GTA I have the SPI/RPO label.

That was just the tip of the ice burg. After talking with the owner we found out that he had replaced nearly every mechanical part on the car. The only negative was the bad tires.

This car had been sitting for 2 years. I know, the paint looks like hell, but it only has one tiny dime size ding in the passenger door and NO RUST. Tbuell went over this car for me top to bottom. He literally crawled under it. Then after the owner put a new battery and 5 gallons of gas in it, he got it running in about 10 minutes. It purred like a KITTen. Tbuell took it on a shakedown drive down the road. After putting it through it's paces, he came back and said, "If you don't buy it, I will." The owner was very firm on the price. And rightly so.

So...I BOUGHT IT! Then I drove it an hour, on those bad tires and took it home. Even after sitting two years, it drove like a dream. I can't wait to start converting it. I'm really hoping to have the exterior finished by SOUTHERN KNIGHTS ATLANTA. I will be selling my other car, 1987 Firebird Formula, factory black T-top with a 305 4bbl carb and a rebuilt transmission.

I want to say a big THANK YOU to tbuell for taking time out of his weekend to help me check out this car. I couldn't have done it without him.

Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Lookie what I bought! Empty Re: Lookie what I bought!

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:40 pm
we are fortunate enough to be able to look past bad paint and see the true potential of a Firebird, look at that TPI motor too, looks very clean and well looked after !

Look like you got yourself a nice bargain there Mark Smile
thanutz
thanutz

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:17 pm
Nice ride mate - looks like it will be a good base to a solid project.

Got a question, in the shot from the rear you can see the t-top bag, but no parcel shelf. Is that normal? Reason I ask is that my TA is the same and I always thought it was because someone removed the parcel shelf.

If it is normal, anyone know how to use the t-top bag correctly???

(apologies for the hijack :-)

Cheers,
Anil
Dave Stapley
Dave Stapley
http://www.soundclick.com/thegonzohouse

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:53 pm
Mine come like that too Anil
thanutz
thanutz

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:22 am
Dave - have you ever used the t-top bag then? How do the t-tops lie so they don't get damaged?
Staffordshire Knight
Staffordshire Knight

Thu May 10, 2012 12:21 pm
When I had my camaro the t tops sat in the bag which then sat flat in the boot, there are 2 straps fitted to the bag with hooks one side which hook in the loops in the floor then round the hooks at the back then just tighten the strap and they sit there.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum