Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taken alot to post this

+9
pbryant_knight
Admin
chesterknight
stue
Tony Westwood
NottsKnight
knight2
Newcastle knight
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS
13 posters
Go down
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS
http://halloweenknights.weebly.com/

Taken alot to post this Empty Taken alot to post this

Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:01 pm
Hello Guys and Gals Smile

Its really hard for me to write this so bear with me.

No disrespect to those who have helped me along the way.

I first started my journey in 1997 when I first bought my car. Really ecstatic to have my own KITT, albeit an outside look alike.
Over the next few years I gradually started to convert the inside. Struggling on my own being a female in an area of the country where no other Kitt person was to help me . The only help I got then was from a few members on the Knight Registries/Foundation.

Well fast forward to recent. Having bought (I thought) all the parts I needed. I found the only people I could find at the time to do my pod and dash. Only to find out they did not do a good job and one guy wrecked my overlays.

Sad Sad

Also with the experience of a member on one of the Knight Rider forums. Took my money and messed me about with the dash etc. That was 2006 I think, well its now 2012 and the dream of having a full replica is in the distance.

To be honest I bought the car at 36 years old hoping to have a replica fully done by 45. Sadly now at 51 I still haven't:(. I understand that people have a life and work etc and I need to be patient - BUT this is making me not enjoy the car much now as its now 6 years after I brought the last part I thought I needed , that and the recent respray problem (not fault of garage).
Hearing people all the time at show saying * that is not KITT there is no dash* over and over. Sad

So much has changed now my horse - my 7.5 ton truck etc needs to be changed now, this I need more than the car.

Last year I used the car 3 times apart from the 3 shows I go to. It did 600 miles in the year that is all
I am not even going out at weekends for a drive now .

Even with the shows now apart from Summer Billing. I spend the show days on my own. Gr8 for a break but year after year I go to Americana and Spring Nationals on my own. (hubby not into the scene) .

I very much doubt I will go to the Knightcon again (Brilliant show well run etc)
A. I am in Cyprus on the 3rd Sept for two weeks
B. Again I spend most of the time on my own (enjoyed the time I spent with Tony and Karen). But I know if I went again I would be mostly on my own.

So that makes me sad and not wanting to drive 5 hours.

So its boiled down to
a. Either slip away quietly un register from forums & just enjoy the car as it is till it dies - I die or can't afford to run it (which I cannot really)
b. Sell my dash and use the money for running costs.
c. Keep the dash as is and either sell it or box it and sell with the car
d. Put the car on the market next year and either save for a turn key KITT or sell it and put money towards a new Horsebox.
e. Give it to Christmas then close the book.

I used to enjoy my club days and still love the Summer Nationals with the POC lifts my spirits up.

So that is where I stand folks, thankyou for taking the time to read this good luck with your future conversions - stay cool - be good to each other

Rachel

Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Taken alot to post this Empty Re: Taken alot to post this

Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:18 pm
Well i hope you hang in there Rach, many of us are in the same boat with these cars as they do take a lot of time and money to finish.

ive been waiting nearly 3 and a half years for my dash electronics and im also sick of looking at the stock dash, but theres nothing i can do about it until Brenon clears his back orders.

My car is a constant headache with its various leaks, not running right, costs a fortune in petrol, i hardly ever drive it etc etc etc, but i think i would be really miserable if i ever got rid of it to be honest as KITT is what ive always wanted, its a love hate thing.

whats left to do with your dashboard, have you got all the electronics and everything or are you still waiting for stuff ?
knight2
knight2

Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:49 pm
Hi Rach and Scott

I'm with you there guys.I've been through the mill with this 'hobby' too (since i bought my car in June 1992).
I am about to get me car sorted though and a great looking respray .It's been a while and off the road over 6 years.
I too have been messed about by jerks in the hobby who think they are holier than though and untouchable.
I too have met some truly great people ( and i count you Rach as one of those).
I too have had my share of learning curves and low times BUT i have never given up on this at all.Put it aside but NEVER given up.
All the Knightcons have been out of reach for me sadly.At least you have attended ONE Rach Smile

Think very carefully about this Rach.You may (or may not) end up regretting your decision.
At the end of the day though you must do what makes you feel good and happy.
Rach feel free to e-mail me anytime,always up for a chat................Kev

Last edited by knight2 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
NottsKnight

Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:55 pm
Rach, Kev.

You 2 seem like really great friends! i have seen you many times back each other up on this forum.. so why not jump on a train and meet at knightcon?? and spend the weekend hanging out together with all of the rest of us fans? i am traveling up by my self but i know that i wont be "alone". there are too many like minded people going to be there..isnt that these event s are all about?? getting together and spending time with each other?? i dont understand why jumping on a train for a few hours is out of reach?, when there are people traveling from Italy, Germany, the netherlands...to name just a few countries? i just dont get it?? Rach i hope you stick around and can keep your car! you seem like a really nice person!!

cheers Jay
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:27 pm
Smile

As I said We leave for Cyprus on Saturday 2nd September.

Well reasons would be :

1. I have been nursing my sick horse for the past year she needs bandaging changes poulticing etc veterinary care special diet etc.
And late night feeding at 7pm and 10pm

Its been a life changing year for me seeing her on deaths door too many times in pain and discomfort. Costing over £ 6000 in vet bills.
She is more important to me she comes first everytime.

2. Its not easy getting someone to run my yard for me when i get time off as everyone has to do my yard then do their full days job then back in yard in evening.

3. It cost me £ 50 per day to get someone to cover me that would equal £150 in wages not including my petrol if i was driving which if i remember right i spent £ 160 last time on petrol alone then the hotel so the weekend however gr8 would be in excess of £ £380 not including spending money. Unlike most jobs here which are 5 day a week. Mine is 7 days a week .

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:44 pm
everyone is struggling some worse than yourself i would say but i wish you all the best anyway
Tony Westwood
Tony Westwood

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:24 pm
Rach, you're never alone with me & Karen around lol!

Seriously, I hope you're able to hang in there. We're all pretty much suffering setbacks at the moment that slow or even stop our progress, and if it's any consolation at the moment my KITT looks EXACTLY the same as when you saw it 2yrs ago affraid I haven't got any further No

Earlier this year before his death in June my Dad sent me the money to buy Joao's new nose with grills (after feeling guilty about reversing his "08" Volvo V50 Estate into my current nose), and I still really want to at least get that on the car before KC in memory of him even if the rest of the resto work is now a "Pipe-dream" until at least after KC, but it will happen or it won't, I'm at the stage now where I no longer worry about the progress, it is enough to be able to hang on to KITT in the hope that things will get better eventually and it will all come together.

I can thoroughly understand your priority with your horse though, it is a living creature after all and we all get attached to our animals.

If it comes to a choice between the 2 all I can say is that even if you have to sell the car you don't NEED a replica to meet up with us all at KC at some point in the future and have a good time, so don't be a stranger eh? Wink
stue
stue

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:54 pm
well said tony,when i came to collect the gullwing from you rach your kitt makes me smile in the same way mine does i get frustrated with slow progress but as somebody else said ive stopped worrying about time targets it will happen a little bit at a time and we also now benefit from some great uk vendors always prepared to answer all my silly questions Smile
ok my kitt has personal value so i couldnt imagine selling him,at the end of the day you have him garaged so chuck a sheet over him and take your time and im only in reading . my knowledge is not as great as some here but always prepared to lend a hand Smile

take care
knight2
knight2

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:46 am
Cool

Last edited by knight2 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
chesterknight

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:26 am
Knight Rider is fun, come on guys stop the dreaded doom and gloom!!!!!

this is my first post, lets have fun

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:33 am
lol well said it only gets you down if you let it
stue
stue

Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:59 am
Guys yes it's supposed to be fun,but there are people behind these cars with human feelings so we are also here to listen when one of us needs to tell our story ?,I thank you Smile

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:00 pm
well said stu
Admin
Admin
https://knightrideruk.forum.st

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:47 pm
Rachel sorry to hear about all the problems you have.
I know Steve for 4 years now and he's STILL working on his car and not finished yet so I'm waiting for that ride he promised lol
Why don't you come spend a day with us all without a car if it costs to much to get to KnightCon with it? Come meet Peter and Rebecca (I think you met Mike already) it will cheer you up a bit for sure. Believe me I know how much it costs to get to the event I'm about broke from each KC till next one then again broke due to flights to get there but I love seeing all of you at least once a year.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:40 pm
The thing about KnightCon is its a meeting place for like minded people from around the world.
the pleasure i get from any event is to meet like minded people from all over the world and see the cars we all love too, if you cannot bring your car as suggested hop on a train! we would be pleased to see you there.
The guests give up their time and fly 6000 miles because they too want to meet fans who support them.
Were all broke lol me more than most but if you can come and enjoy the day
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:05 pm
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS wrote:Smile

Tony Westwood
Tony Westwood

Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:47 pm
Rach, I don't know if this will make any difference or not, but Saturday is the 1st September.... the 2nd September is Sunday Very Happy

pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:32 pm
I've been in this hobby longer than most and i've sold 2 KITT replicas that i built myself from stock Trans Am's now and missed each one. After it's been in your life for so long, it'll be really hard to see it go.

I'd say hang in with it, do bits at a time when you can afford it.

My last replica, before i got a fiberglass dash, Not having much money i actually made a dash from MDF wood and fiberglass, made my own overlays and backlit them from behind to make them light up. It cost next to nothing to do, just time and effort. Working all weekend till 3 in the morning, going without sleep etc. It was done on the cheap but i was pretty proud of myself when it was done as it didn't look half bad Smile

Peter

PS. You'll never be alone at a Knightcon event. We're all friendly guys (and Gals) and i'm sure you'd fit right in with the conversations since we're all there for the same reason. Smile
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS

Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:07 pm
Tony Westwood wrote:Rach, I don't know if this will make any difference or not, but Saturday is the 1st September.... the 2nd September is Sunday Very Happy

Yes I know Tony But there is no way

A. I am driving up there for one day
B. Still have to nurse my horse till friend takes over.
C. There is packing to be done.

so no Knightcon sorry.

I suppose at the moment All my time is either nursing my horse (through the day) or caring for the animals. Including foster cats in my care taking them to vets etc . Maybe having a huge project like a KITT with a stable job like mine just don't go together. Stables are 24 .7 looking after 12 horses care.

I think I just have too much on my plate, and if anything has to go it will be the car.
WelshGTA
WelshGTA

Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:07 pm
hey rachel sorry to hear you feel this way. i've been trying for years to find the right car but now i have it, it's the cost of the KR parts holding me back. we all know this kind of project is expensive time consuming and frustrating but what we have at the end of it all is the stuff of dreams.....albeit with a few nightmares along the way..... i really hope you don't sell the car as i know from some of our chats at billing how much it means to you. i don't mind looking after him for you lol. keep your chin up i hope everything works out for you
blues_knight

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:56 pm
Rach your fairly close to me i am in potters bar if u ever go to an event let us know, i am sometimes on me own as well.

Its expensive hobby this a sat the end of the day its a car and like a band they all ways need work. But its all worth it when u see people smile and kids lovin it. but also its worth trying to make money with these cars , weddings etc

Granted I bought my KITT from a lovey woman Debbie and paid 4k for it with dash etc all in, great on petrol and all I need is a few bits but when people look in they see its KITT eventhough no swich pod, not the correct dash for which season its more of a hybrid and thats ok by me its my KITT Smile

I wish your horse better and that one day u will have a KITT to b proud of.

knight2
knight2

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:18 pm
I think reading her responses her mind is already made up.
You should try to live a stress free life and it sounds like it is at this moment full of worry and stress.Never a good time to make decisions.
Just my two pence worth.

Chopped liver signing off............Smile
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:44 pm
I think you're right Kev. Sound's more like an i'm going to get rid of KITT thread here. Sad

I wish you the best in the future and hope your horse is welll again soon Smile

Peter
knight2
knight2

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:24 pm
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS wrote:Smile

Well reasons would be :

1. I have been nursing my sick horse for the past year she needs bandaging changes poulticing etc veterinary care special diet etc.
And late night feeding at 7pm and 10pm

Its been a life changing year for me seeing her on deaths door too many times in pain and discomfort. Costing over £ 6000 in vet bills.
She is more important to me she comes first everytime.

2. Its not easy getting someone to run my yard for me when i get time off as everyone has to do my yard then do their full days job then back in yard in evening.

3. It cost me £ 50 per day to get someone to cover me that would equal £150 in wages not including my petrol if i was driving which if i remember right i spent £ 160 last time on petrol alone then the hotel so the weekend however gr8 would be in excess of £ £380 not including spending money. Unlike most jobs here which are 5 day a week. Mine is 7 days a week .

Actually after re reading this looking after horses seems to be a pretty expensive hobby.As for vet fees of over £6000, boy i would have completed my ride with that!!!Smile
Is'nt your horse insured?
It makes £380 sound pretty paltry compared to that..
I honestly cannot remember the last time i HAD a holiday let alone went abroad ,so that's something else to be thankful for ....
Your car is obviously at the bottom of your importance list , it would seem the passion for it is going.
Whatever you do i wish you well,( even though you don't seem to want to communicate with me now, for some reason).
Good luck whatever you do.........................Smile
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Is'nt your horse insured?

No Laminitis is an illness they only cover accident also because of her age they basic cover you for nothing not worth it. So put the money i would normally pay for hers and the others into an account and use that.

,( even though you don't seem to want to communicate with me now, for some reason).

Who says??? Smile

Apart from yesterday when i took to the garage to try the paint job the car has not been out the garage in 3 weeks when i used to go out every weekend
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum