Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nasty people

+11
stepheneire25
3rdgenparts
warlord
Mark Rolfe
stue
tom ireland
Newcastle knight
Portuguese_Kitt
pbryant_knight
jasper1978
blues_knight
15 posters
Go down
blues_knight

Nasty people Empty Nasty people

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:06 pm
Since owning a KITT i get mix reaction while driving, mostly from guys.That when I am country driving or in town they give me the middle finger or the w..ker sign...well 1st time it happened i turned around a went after the bloke I got seriously upset and really wanted to have it out with him any way gave up when he crossed the boarder out of my town.
I dont get road rage but that was a bit uncalled for.

Any1 else get this? It happen again today I just took the high road and said f him!

Sorry everyone xxx
jasper1978

Nasty people Empty Re: Nasty people

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:27 pm
pure jealousy,
I have not had that experience btw
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:34 pm
You will always het mixed reactions. Some people will love it, some will think you're a very sad man. I had many diffrerent reactions, luckily most of them positive.

Just think of it this way though, If you saw a full grown man walking down the street dressed as a Klingon, What would your reaction be?

I presume you'd be too polite to give him grief but you may have a little snigger.

At the end of the day, it's our hobby and people can think what they like.

You'll need to get used to the negative as well as the positive i'm afraid.

Peter
Portuguese_Kitt
Portuguese_Kitt

Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:45 pm
jasper1978 wrote:pure jealousy,
I have not had that experience btw

I agree with that!
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:15 pm
i had some drunken idiot throw a glass at my car once as i drove past a bar on the seafront in traffic once, i had the t-tops off so i could hear someone go "urgh f****ng knight rider" then this glass just flew across the road and fell short of the front wing by about 3 meters, i got out of the car and held the traffic up.

i didnt know who threw it obviously but there were a group of lads looking over and i just sort of gave them all that look as if to say, your all a bunch of tossers and i want smash all your faces in, but the horns started beeping so i just got back in KITT and smoked the rear tyres up as i set off, i was seriously angry after that.

but thats the only bad experience so far !

Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:56 pm
Same thing happened to me Scott in Plymouth. Was driving down the road and some drunken muppet threw a beer bottle at mine. Only diff was....I saw who did it, spun the car at the lights and watched the p@#@s run like babies.

As already said......Its jealousy plain and simple
blues_knight

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:56 pm
MMMM thats such a dangerous thing to do throwing stuff at cars...stupid.
Figured as much though funny thing is I never once got hassled in the bluesmobile!

tom ireland
tom ireland

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:10 pm
ok lads ive never got any of that.. thank god ...but if anyone trew anyting at my car let it be kitt or any car id lose my life and follow him to hell and back and beat him to within an inch of his life.. sorry but cant believe anyone wud do that .. i get great feedback all the time overhere everyone loves it ..now im a nice calm guy and i dont condone violence but fu#k them
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:17 pm
yeah exactly, im not a violent person by any means, ive never been in a fight in my life, well apart from the odd scuffle at school as you do when your growing up, im usually a very calm person but that car means so much to me, i think i really would lose it if something like that happened and i could see who done it
tom ireland
tom ireland

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:24 pm
rite im not gona even tri ta spell it but pity we cudnt get kitts shell and itd bounce back and hit them on the head.... datd work for me Smile
stue
stue

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:31 pm
ive only ever had positive feedback when driving kitt,i did however have some bloke on a moped pull out at some lights and run in the side of me side on,so at that point the red mist came down and i thought well its damaged anyway so i pushed him up on to the pavement with the car jumped out and yanked him off the bike thinking it would be some 17yr old yob only to find it was a very shaken old man under that helmet,i felt awful afterwards and did make sure he was ok,but i think these cars mean so much to us for various reasons and sometimes emotion takes over lol

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:51 am
Never had anything chucked at me.....but you do get the guys who think it's funny to watch and shout "knight rider" sarcastically when you drive past them....99% of people are positive though, like everyone says, its just jealousy off the rest.

Tend to get more people wanting to race it than anything else, particularly good fun when its a twat in a 1.1 Saxo, with an exhaust so big it has absoluetly no backpressure, trying to impress their bird and and ends up looking stupid when gets overtaken after being given a 10 sec head start lol!

Doesn't matter what you have, if its different and nice, some people want to slag it off or damage it. At lest with KITT they can shout abuse and act a big man, but if its a Merc or something you're more likely to get it keyed!

Mark Rolfe
Mark Rolfe

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:29 pm
i've had 2 blokes jump in front of my KITT (pissed up) & lay flat on the road... i somehow managed to stop... when i got out & asked what the fook they were doing... 1 simply said he wanted to see what it was like when i turbo boosted over him... i was within inches of the tyre hitting his face... the police were across the road... i was pulled over and questioned & held up on the greenwich one-way system for about an hour with the police & tourists taking photos....

you'll always get the haters that drive shit motors waving their fingers about and the others that have to rely on buses as they've prob lost their licence & would in fact love a car that gets so much attention...

Also Ant Blues... dont wear that Hoff wig or the Blues Brother suit while driving KITT... lmao
warlord
warlord

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:21 pm
I've not had much nastyness really. someone once told me that his bmw would be faster in a rude way and without realising i was the owner a woman once said to her friend that she hated people with cars like that.

Sometimes if i'm at work if someone is looking at it and i go to say hi incase they want to ask anything they say "you couldn't afford a car like that", so i try to judge if they're a nice person before saying hi.

Mostly possitive thou.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:10 am
You get A$$holes in any hobby, I personally have had experiences not just as a Kitt owner but other replicated screen props, Rise above it is the best answer. I had my T2 arnie statue at a show recently he generally recieved a great reception however there was the odd comment about oh thats not right, he's a mismatch etc some of these by my own club members one i heavily respected, answer is always the same from me though "f**k Em" if they could do better they would and if they cant they will sit and bitch, throw things and attempt to p*ss you off.
Dont forget you are doing this FOR YOU its your dream and you will always get haters, Hell i got rid of my Kitt because i let certain "high flying " so called friends, through back stabbing, bitching and out right taking the p*ss within this hobby get to me and have regretted it ever since.
Attention is a bitch and unfortunately you will attract it with this hobby

Just my 2p on the issue
3rdgenparts

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:35 am
Here in the US,Never had any negative response from people.I even got a free pizza just for letting the pizza guys take pics of my replica LOL Cool and I remember a school bus full of kids FLIP OUT and started pointing at me,When I pulled up behind them I had no choice but to flip on the "Scanner" and they went NUTS !!!! Laughing

One of the few annoying things were a few young "ditz brain" girls calling my car the "Batmobile" or a nice "Camaro" Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

At worst I have extra police attention from cops sometimes who pull me over just to "check out" my car Rolling Eyes and once at a restaurant in the parking lot,A stupid little brat girl spit on the hood of my replica.I was so pissed I cursed her out in front of her stupid father and made them clean it up or was going to call the cops for "Vandalism" !! Shocked

Dave
tom ireland
tom ireland

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:47 am
o your a bad egg picking on a little girl Smile... i do get thet aswell people calling it the batmobile kinda funny as it luks noting like it ..........
3rdgenparts

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:00 am
tom ireland wrote: o your a bad egg picking on a little girl Smile... i do get thet aswell people calling it the batmobile kinda funny as it luks noting like it ..........

Ya I kinda felt bad later,But her and her little punk brother were doing it to all the cars in front of them.Maybe it set her straight and taught her a early life lesson on respecting other people's property Rolling Eyes

Just to say i don't have a temper like that,But I'm very protective of my replica !! Almost the same as someone spitting on a good mate's face Rolling Eyes

Ya the "Batmobile" and Camaro reference was on a few times,The other 97% of people know it's "The one and only KITT" !!! Cool Cool

Dave

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:19 am
i have been lucky with my kitt i just get people wanting pics and saying how awesome kitt is also how much better looking he is in the flesh i must admit i have had the "look its the batmobile " one lol that was a group of young lads ive even had a woman stop here car in the middle of the road and jump out screaching kitt lol i was just parked at the shops but so far all positive cant really say i count kitt being called the batmobile positive but it was funny
blues_knight

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:25 am
Crazy stories :)snds like i got it all to come lol. Batmobile is a good 1 Smile young peeps just dont know , shame really.

hoff wig? blues bro suit? not sure wat u on about mark Wink

stepheneire25
stepheneire25

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:47 pm
Ive always gotten positive comments in Ireland, i have a mustang aswell.
The usual question is: how much to fill it up? or i bet that costs a fortune to run! I was sitting at lights one day and a guy in a porche was coming the opposite way and stopped in the middle of the road (blocking traffic) and jumped out to take a pic! I think id be more offended if mine was called a camaro than a batmobile lol Smile
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:57 pm
actually not a nasty comment but a stupid one, we got a new window cleaner years ago and when i had the car on the drive with the cover over he said, ah i see you've got a Corvette under there.

so when i said its not a Corvette i pulled the cover off for him to have a look and he went, Ah yeah ! i was close though, chevy camaro................... i just sorta went, yeah...yeah it is, coz i couldnt be bothered to educate him any further, lol

Scott
hoffman95
hoffman95

Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:24 am
Id keep 6 eggs in the glovebox so I could roll the window down and attack lol!
NotchbackKITT

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:16 am
Seems like I have the same experiences as most everyone. 99% good. Occasionally not. I did have three troopers pull me over just to say it was the coolest car they've ever seen. I've gotten the batmobile thing. I've had people slow down on the highway / snap pics / give thumbs up. Do get that occasional middle finger from time to time. Sometimes those sarcastic comments like "hey don't hassle the hoff". Sometimes get people who immediately point out every imperfection. Occasionally people wanting to race at a traffic light.

But as it's been stated above - I'm doing this for myself and my family. It's great that others can enjoy it too, but honestly I could care less what negative things someone has to say. Is my replica screen-accurate perfectionto the last bolt - no. Is it a dam close one with some awesome modifications - yes. Let's face it, I've got a family to raise and refuse to spend $2000 just to realign a ground effect and repaint the door it's on.
BoMcD

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:57 am
OR Hey! Nice Batmobile!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum