Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting a new dog....name ideas????

+4
Admin
Lone_crusader
Dave Stapley
Newcastle knight
8 posters
 :: Off Topic
Go down

Getting a new dog....name ideas???? Empty Getting a new dog....name ideas????

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:22 am
Getting a new mutt, he's a rescue dog and I should be picking him up next Friday (The Dogs Trust REALLY are a bit over the top with all the things you have to go through before you get the dog home) but he's nameless just now......any ideas???? (Not Devon, Michael, KITT or KARR lol.....although I did consider "Garth" but he's more playful than evil lol).

So far I'm quite liking "Gus" or "Ed"???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Getting a new dog....name ideas???? Empty Re: Getting a new dog....name ideas????

Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:12 am
Very Happy i love dogs, if i stepped foot in a rescue place id want to take them all home Sad as i type this my dog Oscar is lying over my feet.

Thats a shame he hasnt even got a name, it must be confusing if they have been named once and have to learn a new name.

I like Max and my mum has chimed in and thinks he looks like a Barney, lol, so theres my contributions

Dave Stapley
Dave Stapley
http://www.soundclick.com/thegonzohouse

Getting a new dog....name ideas???? Empty Re: Getting a new dog....name ideas????

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:18 pm
I would say he looks more a "Rufus"
Lone_crusader
Lone_crusader

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:33 pm
Freddy Very Happy
Admin
Admin
https://knightrideruk.forum.st

Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:24 am
He's definitely Barney. Scott's mom is right.
jasper1978

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:43 am
Chevy !!
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:45 am
What about Hamish saying as hes Scottish ? lol

Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:42 pm
Rufus.....that's a good one! Barney is alos quite good...both go on the list!

Freddy is good too but the gy a few doors down has a dog called Freddy already lol! Deffo not Chevy haha!

Tell me about it Scott.....and the places are all FULL of staffies looking sad staring at the concrete floors...heartbreaking, some of them are cracking, friendly dogs.

It's a shame for him not having a proper name, he's currently down as "Chester" but they don't actually call him that so he has no idea what his name is lol. He was brought in inside a cardboard box, really thin and they said his coat was completely matted, so badly it had to be shaved off down to his skin, came off in one big blanket like a clarted sheeps bum.....poor wee soul! Was all red and sore from it, but he's back to normal now, aside from being baldish on the body but with a big hairy face and tail lol!

He's only 16-18 months old and just wants to run about, swim and play :-)
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:47 pm
Ah well im sure with the loving home your giving him, he will be brilliant.

Thats what our family dog is, a staffy, not my ideal choice of dog but he was from a rescue centre when he was just a few months old too and he is the softest dog we've ever had, hes not a pure staffy so hes got a bit of cuteness in him, and like i say he is a lovely natured dog.

How about something exotic, like 'Eduardo' ha ha !
Dave Stapley
Dave Stapley
http://www.soundclick.com/thegonzohouse

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:16 pm
Our dog was called Moose, but she went to a friend as we didn't have the time to walk her with having 2 kids, I did say though if you ever have any issue's we will have her back in a flash, Got a message recently that they were struggling and have re-homed her to somebody else quite far away, I'm sooo Pi**ed off about it. knowing we probably aren't going to see her again.

Sorry for the rant,

Knight Passions
Knight Passions
http://www.knightpassions.net

Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:38 pm
How about Roger? (or Eddy, Felix, Rocky, Kaila, Sam or Sammy)
Do I need to continue? Smile

João
knighthawk
knighthawk
http://www.kitt-northwest.co.uk

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:38 am
Hi,

Might be a bit corny, but how about Bonnie.

Mike
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:42 am
How about names after some famous TV dogs, like Max, the bionic dog in Bionic Woman or Eddie from Frasier?
knighthawk
knighthawk

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:46 am
How about,

Wordsworth from Jamie and his Magic Torch.,

Mike

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:45 am
Meet Bonnie ;-) got her last weekend, only 8 weeks old!!!

DONT EVER go to the Dogs Trust....they are totally up themselves and wanted at least 10 "meets" with the dog before could consider being allowed to walk him ourselves....total joke. Also, after going back and forth to the place 4 times, we weren't allowd to touch the dog, only "observe".....honestly, its a farce. All the "charity" money they get goes to VERY fancy buildings, uniforms and clipboards that they love to walk about with looking down on everyone else....seriously, I was not a happy camper with them....anyway, rant over lol

All worked out well though as have wee Bonnie now....not introduced her to KITT yet as she's not quite toilet trained and I don't want a mess on my PMD's lol!
knighthawk
knighthawk

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:47 am
aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww Bless

gorgeous.

Mike

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:04 pm
beautiful mate

Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:23 pm
Smile Thanks guys, she's a wee cracker....and got suprisingly sharp teeth lol

Few pics taken this morning (the one above was a week ago, she's a bit bigger now already lol):

Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:02 pm
Fluff ! Very Happy dead cute mate.

My grandma got a puppy last week so im in the same boat as you at the minute, getting my fingers chewed etc, lol, but its all good

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:49 am
Wait till your grandpas puppy discovers you have ears....which are even better to chew LOL. What type of dog did he go for???

I've been sticking those chewstick things in her mouth everytime she starts chewing on me, seems to be working....sort of lol!

Learning really fast, pretty well tilet trained already, no accidents since Thursday and she's asking outside now....I do leave a puppy training mat down at night though, just incase she cant hold on.

She's not getting into KITT till she's stopped chewing......would'nt be happy if my Gullwing ended up with no grips!
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:38 pm
Its my grandmas dog, my grandad didnt want another dog but she won the arguement as always, ha ha.

Shes a little shitzu fluff ball, not my type of dog but shes part of the family now anyway
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum