Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Knight Passions
Knight Passions
http://www.knightpassions.net

SPM front nose Empty SPM front nose

Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:09 pm
I got an e-mail from a customer of mine who asked about a 4th season front nose to make a SPM nose from it.
It's strange that nobody ever noticed this, but the SPM front nose was not a 4th season one but a 3rd season front nose!

It's so clearly to see, the nose point is identical to the first season ones and the famous "smile" is in it, which has a thicker front edge at the sides then towards the point itself.
Nobody ever noticed this?

João
knightsofengland
http://www.knightsofengland.com

SPM front nose Empty Re: SPM front nose

Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:22 pm
spot on. I noticed this sometime ago after being asked if we did offer such a nose. Simple fact is the time and cost of producing this mould to me is not worth the interest in purchasing the end product. That said I am sure it wouldn't be so difficult to do.
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:45 pm
The only problem for me is.........spm mode looked crap. It's as though they said "howe can we make this nice sleek car look like it's made out of lego?"

That said, i'm sure some people would want an SPM nose. I remember the farce of an attempt Barris made when he stuck a rear spoiler onto the original nose and went "tah dah".

If it were me, and i wanted an SPM nose though, i'd want it to actuate like in the show as well as all the other body panels. Surely in this day and age with components becoming ever smaller, this wouldn't be that hard to do.

Peter

HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:42 pm
Talking about SPM KITT, I'm confused who actually built the original car for the show as there's a post at KRO which shows that Jay Ohrberg did the SPM car but I thought it was Barris who built not only SPM car but also the C-mode KITT?
knight2
knight2

Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:08 pm
A guy called Dennis Braid made the actual SPM and convertible/actuating cars for George Barris.
If you search for Dennis Braid/Knightrider, you will see some cool never before seen pictures of him creating these cars.He's even talked about making the SPM car again.

I wonder if he saw the superb job Jack Knight did for Jay Ohrberg?

.........Kev
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum