Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats your favourite episode or moment ?

+7
NotchbackKITT
warlord
pbryant_knight
kitt23
Tony Westwood
knight5695
Newcastle knight
11 posters
Go down

Whats your favourite episode or moment ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whats your favourite episode or moment ?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:28 pm
As for the best, choose anything from the first 14 episodes as these were the ones that Glen Larson and Stu Phillips were directly involved in before they moved on. The scored episodes (which Glen scripted or had script approval of also) have character, the 'slap bass' Don Peake ones don't have the same appeal imho. Stu Phillips work is key to the mood and pacing of this show, The Fall Guy, Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers etc...all Larson shows.

After they departed, the format changed and the Knight 2000 became more of a needy (sometimes impotent) sidekick dependent on Michael rather than serving him as independently as it did before. When the format changed mid-season and on into Season 2 etc. the show never really went back to it's roots and Glen's original premise, he acknowledges this in his Region 1 DVD commentary that supports the pilot episode.

Watching and recording the series weekly first time around in sequence (and not seeing them for the first time in re-runs like many have only been able to do), the format change was disheartening but inevitable, the success of the show, shooting time being reduced for each episode, star power and script approval must have been factors also.

There are of course many highlights later on in some of the key episodes mentioned already, and it is worth noting DH's feelings on the season four finale...that the broadcast order should have meant it concluded with Scent of Roses once it was obvious that the series was not going to picked up for renewal. It could have ended on a much stronger note.

Basically I can pick up and watch a Season 1 Episode anytime and enjoy it, Season 2 is fun for it's campyness, but I struggle with Seasons 3 & 4...and Knight Rider is not the only show to be a victim of it's own success.
Lone_crusader
Lone_crusader

Whats your favourite episode or moment ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whats your favourite episode or moment ?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:46 pm
Gonna have to think about this one lol, it's hard to narrow it down..... Agreed on voodoo nights, that was poor. And the football one like you say also crap..... The premise of the bonnie plane hijack episode was good, but was ruined by the plane element being too short and that annoying kid with the RC car and the huge crush on bonnie....not to mention his horrific acting lol
Lone_crusader
Lone_crusader

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:47 pm
Oh and can someone please tell me which episode featured the horse that I believe was also called KITT? Laura wants to watch it as it has a horse in lmao..... And which is the one where KITT drives on water, know its season 2 but can't recall which ep.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:02 pm
Ice Bandits (s3) has a donkey called KIT.

Return to Cadiz (s2) has the 'sessums model' of KITT on water.

Robbie Rist is the annoying kid in Sky Knight (s4) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Rist). Famous for playing Cousin Oliver in the last season of The Brady Bunch.

Last edited by stevewilde73 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lone_crusader
Lone_crusader

Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:09 pm
Wow, that was a very quick and concise response lol
warlord
warlord

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:33 pm
I noticed kitt being more needy, but never knew larson left.

I quite liked the one where bonnie got brainwashed by that genius club. Can't remember the name of the ep, but it was where kitt changed from the solid voicebox to the bar type one.

Anyway, although some bits in it I didn't like. I thought the scene where Michael was talking kitt out of running him over. When bonnie finally snapped out of it was good.
warlord
warlord

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:36 pm
tim.d.lockhart wrote:Oh and can someone please tell me which episode featured the horse that I believe was also called KITT? Laura wants to watch it as it has a horse in lmao..... And which is the one where KITT drives on water, know its season 2 but can't recall which ep.

There was a season 1 ep where the baddie tried to escape on a horse and kitt had to give chase.
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:59 pm
That was the episode 'Forget me not' where the assasin takes off on the horse.

And its actually a Donkey in 'The Ice Bandits' if we are doing the nerdy knight rider thing, lol

Theres also an episode centred around a horse in season 3 too, 'Knight By A Nose' if Laura wants to check that out

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:26 pm
warlord wrote:I noticed kitt being more needy, but never knew larson left.

I quite liked the one where bonnie got brainwashed by that genius club. Can't remember the name of the ep, but it was where kitt changed from the solid voicebox to the bar type one.

Yep, Larson was onboard for the pilot and had direct involvement and script approval on the first dozen episodes or so, then he moved on to Fox. Hence Jody in The Fall Guy inherited a white 3rd Gen! Half of the cars he was given from GM he took to his new network/project.

BTW The episode with Bonnie being brainwashed (so as to get access to KITT) was Chariot of Gold.
knight5695
knight5695

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:27 pm
Does anyone remember in No Big Thing when Devon went to jail and escapes all the way to Ktt and Michael and when Devon got the bad guy at the end That was great
warlord
warlord

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:47 pm
stevewilde73 wrote:
Yep, Larson was onboard for the pilot and had direct involvement and script approval on the first dozen episodes or so, then he moved on to Fox. Hence Jody in The Fall Guy inherited a white 3rd Gen! Half of the cars he was given from GM he took to his new network/project.

BTW The episode with Bonnie being brainwashed (so as to get access to KITT) was Chariot of Gold.

Explains why season 1 is my favorite season then. thanks for the info. never really watched the fall guy. currently watching season 4 of macgyver.
warlord
warlord

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:49 pm
Tempted to watch chariot of gold now. i did promise myself i wouldn't watch through all 4 seasons till kitt is the same colour all over. i doubt watching just one will be breaking it Laughing

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:37 pm
hows your car coming along warlord werent you having the door done ?
warlord
warlord

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:23 pm
Si Season 1 Kitt wrote:hows your car coming along warlord werent you having the door done ?

It was supposed to be done by today, but will be next week now. not sure why, isn't helping my nerves either lol.

But fingers crossed it'll be lovely. it'll be nice to be able to get in kitt without that loud creaking hinge sound. plus he'll only be 2 colours instead of 3 Smile

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:29 pm
lol thats good i will cross my fingers for you
warlord
warlord

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:31 pm
thanks cheers
Wiggy
Wiggy

Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:42 am
Pilot episiode for me.

The two best bits for me is when KITT starts himself in Comtron and driver though the glass, and when he gets nicked and fools around with then two clowns before dumping them on a cop car
knight5695
knight5695

Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:50 pm
what do you think of the episode Lost Knight were KITT loses hes memory and does not know who Michael is after the eletric shock while chasing the bad guys I think the storyline was a bit like Knightmares were Michael loses his memory what do you think Question

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:21 pm
yeah i agree ian isnt that the one where kitt befriends that kid

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:25 pm
knight5695 wrote:what do you think of the episode Lost Knight were KITT loses hes memory and does not know who Michael is after the eletric shock while chasing the bad guys I think the storyline was a bit like Knightmares were Michael loses his memory what do you think Question

I think that episodes like that are inherent in a show coming to the end. Once you get to episodes that feature doppelgangers, lost memories, flashbacks and blatant reused footage then you as a viewer know that the show is coming to an end.

I've seen this happen so many times with different shows to the point that you can see it coming. Though it is interesting to note that apparently some of the production/writing team moved to Street Hawk for Knight Riders final year. The first and only season of Street Hawk has strong scripts throughout, however it was still not renewed.
knight5695
knight5695

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:27 pm
yes simon thats the one
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:14 pm
Lost Knight was indeed like Knightmares happening to KITT but still enjoyed it. I even dreamed about being that kid behind KITT's steering wheel Very Happy
knight5695
knight5695

Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:57 pm
hi who is the best villan in the show and why? sorry to newcastle knight for taking over his topic i am sorry im just trying to keep it going mate

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:36 pm
I'm biased towards the Larson shows and the pilot in particular, so it has to be Tanya Walker for me...even with Phyllis Davis' voice having been dubbed throughout lol

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:09 pm
i hated the episode with the gypsies at christmas

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum