Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fave 70s/80s show for all you old fogies

+3
Wiggy
knight5695
HalloweenKnight
7 posters
 :: Off Topic
Go down
Tony Westwood
Tony Westwood

fave 70s/80s show for all you old fogies - Page 2 Empty Re: fave 70s/80s show for all you old fogies

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:49 pm
Hi Steve,

"Gotcha!!!" Laughing I was waiting for someone to say "Robbie the Robot" because for some reason a lot of us think it was called "Robbie" but it wasn't.

"Robbie the Robot" is the robot in the Sci-Fi movie "Forbidden Planet", whereas the YM3 robot from the "Lost in Space" TV show was only ever referred to as "Robot" study
(except when Dr Zachary Smith was talking to it, when he would use all sorts of insults to address it Laughing )

No, I have been watching Hollywood treasure, but must have missed that episode

fave 70s/80s show for all you old fogies - Page 2 Empty Re: fave 70s/80s show for all you old fogies

Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:51 pm
The rubber duck truck is awesome, does it come as a kit

Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:57 pm
Tony Westwood wrote:Hi Steve,

"Gotcha!!!" Laughing I was waiting for someone to say "Robbie the Robot" because for some reason a lot of us think it was called "Robbie" but it wasn't.

I shouldn't have posted so quick lol, as soon as I looked at it again it's obvious DOH!...

Check this out.

Tony Westwood
Tony Westwood

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:49 pm
SteveFawcett wrote:The rubber duck truck is awesome, does it come as a kit

Hi Steve, ERTL did offer a 1/25 scale model....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...but it was really awful.
They used the wrong MACK truck as the base kit (the shorter DM600 "Plant" truck with offset hood instead of the correct "R" series truck) and thought that as long as it was a black MACK truck with the "RubberDuck" bits on it no-one would notice the difference Rolling Eyes

Here's the original ERTL model built by myself back in 1979...

As you can see, it really is CRAP, so I decided to do a better more accurate one using this AMT kit as the base model....

I had to scratchbuild the sleeper cab, roof spoiler and bigger fuel tanks, use a resin conversion hood (longer with correct grill to Movie) extend the chassis, and used the "Rubber Duck" bullbar & hood ornament from the ERTL kit, but I think it looks much better.

Here they are side by side...

If I ever get a break in my "Jobs to do" I eventually plan to go back to it and scratchbuild the tanker trailer for it, and I already have the MACK cabover truck livestock trailer & decals to make "PigPen"s rig too if I ever find the time Rolling Eyes Laughing

Tony.
Tony Westwood
Tony Westwood

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:51 pm
stevewilde73 wrote:
Tony Westwood wrote:Hi Steve,

I shouldn't have posted so quick lol, as soon as I looked at it again it's obvious DOH!...

Check this out.

Yep, that's "Robbie the Robot" from "Forbidden Planet" alright Laughing
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:10 pm
Quantum Leap. My absolute fave. Still love it now and have bought all the DVDs as they were released and creaded a figure of Sam Beckett to watch over them lol.

Peter

Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:23 pm
just re-reading old threads and looked through Tony's models again...

I wonder if he is taking commissions again from 'cack-handed superglue merchants' at the moment lol?

Those models shots are stunning. I want them all haha
Tony Westwood
Tony Westwood

Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:25 pm
Thanks Steve,

unfortunately I can't take on any new commissions at the moment, as I'm struggling just to find the time to make any progress on the 2 jobs I've already accepted.

Jobs I have on the go at the moment are....

1. The new 1/24 scale P51D Mustang trade display/promo model to finish building for AIRFIX Co. (been working on this on & off since Nov last year)

2. Lee Cast's Dash & upper console builds for his KITT (lower console already done).

As my spare time is so short at the moment I feel it would be wrong of me to accept new work until I have finished these outstanding jobs due to the amount of time they have already been waiting, but if you are serious I will give you a shout when I'm on top of things. Thumb up

91ragtopTA
91ragtopTA

Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:56 pm
Interesting thread, couple of movies noted for my expanding road movies collection (Two Lane Blacktop on order) Anyone remember Cannon? big fat chap, drove around in a gold Mk IV Lincoln Continental which had a car phone! amazing back then. and what was the guy in the wheelchair? Ironside was it? think he had a Ford Econoline correct me if I'm wrong

Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:58 pm
Tony Westwood wrote:Thanks Steve,

unfortunately I can't take on any new commissions at the moment, as I'm struggling just to find the time to make any progress on the 2 jobs I've already accepted.

Thanks for getting back to me, yes please get in touch - you'll probably laugh at the simplicity of what I would like ha ha... Just a Colonial Viper like you pictured, a Buck Rogers Thunderfighter (Starfighter) and a car or two lol...

No rush, worth the wait...

Thanks again.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:01 pm
91ragtopTA wrote:Interesting thread, couple of movies noted for my expanding road movies collection (Two Lane Blacktop on order) Anyone remember Cannon? big fat chap, drove around in a gold Mk IV Lincoln Continental which had a car phone! amazing back then. and what was the guy in the wheelchair? Ironside was it? think he had a Ford Econoline correct me if I'm wrong

I loved Cannon, late night Saturdays iirc ha ha...I had a matchbox Lincoln in bright red with a white roof that was my Cannon car lol...

I also had a corgi Mercury Cougar that was my pretend Steve McGarrett Hawaii 5-0 car.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:20 am
How about this forgotten show...

The Gemini Man

A government agent is caught in the explosion of a government underwater salvage operation. He finds himself capable of turning himelf invisible, and sets out to use his new powers to prove that the explosion was sabotage.

HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:50 pm
Not exactly an 70's/80's TV show but late 90's. Well, at least it's got familiar filming location, the Seal Beach and here's link to youtube video where the same pier and parkinglot, where KARR was once parked is visible, perhaps that's why Tiffany and Meg are running up to the pier... Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The show is Sunset Beach which among others have lifeguards similar to The Hoffs other series, Baywatch Smile Used to like watching Sunset Beach even it's actually a soap opera Embarassed
torino74
torino74

Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:39 pm
my fav 70s tv show was 240 ROBERT, even betting starsky & hutch just.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum