Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie- Just wanted to say hi

+6
stepheneire25
jasper1978
Newcastle knight
Lone_crusader
knightsofengland
matty316
10 posters
Go down
matty316

Newbie- Just wanted to say hi Empty Newbie- Just wanted to say hi

Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:04 pm
Hi guys, just wanted to say hi to everybody on here. I've always been a massive fan of Knight Rider and i've always wanted a KITT replica and i think it's time to make it happen. So how easy or hard are the parts to get? Do you have regular meets?

Cheers, Matty
knightsofengland
http://www.knightsofengland.com

Newbie- Just wanted to say hi Empty Re: Newbie- Just wanted to say hi

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:14 pm
Hi Matty, welcome to the forum. Parts are not to hard to find and there are lots off people here who can help from sourcing a donor car to the finished thing. There are many people building custom parts for your car ourselves included. Have a good look around see what you like and ask around for advise on suppliers to he sure you get what you are looking for. One word off advise, check out and be sure what you but and who from before parting with your hard earnt cash as not all suppliers offer good customer service after receiving your money. Ask around for independent advice and best off luck with your dream.

Steve
Lone_crusader
Lone_crusader

Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:03 pm
Welcome to the community! We're a friendly bunch so I you have any questions fire away lol Smile

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:07 am
Welcome on board Matty....just watch out for that Newcastle Knight fellow.... affraid lol!
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:26 am
Hi mate welcome ! Please ignore Black T-Top, he knows nothing... lol

Nah its all good here mate, we are all here to help Smile

We have a big meet up once a year at our event called KnightCon, which is held in Castleford, Yorkshire. Lots of KITT replicas along with other famous cars and other American car, if your into Knight Rider then this is the event for you mate.

As for starting your KITT replica, theres a few options, if you have a large wedge of cash to hand you can bide your time and sometimes a fully finished one, or partially finished one comes up for sale.

If you want to start from the beginning and do it up slowly as funds and time allow you can get yourself a decent starter car for around 3 grand, but you will have to change things like the bonnet, rear bumper, wheels, knight rider nosecone etc etc etc, it just depends how much like the car on TV you want your car to look like.
jasper1978

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:29 am
Hi,
check Ebay regularly for partial converted cars. I bought mine in the states and had it shipped over.
stepheneire25
stepheneire25

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:25 pm
Hi newbie! Welcome! Smile
I bought my car from the states and shipped it to Ireland
best advise i can give is look for a good starter car it will save you time and money on getting parts.
where are you based?
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:12 pm
Welcome matty, i hope your journey into the Knight Rider Replica world is a quick and interesting one Smile

Peter
matty316

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:29 pm
Hi guys thanks for the replies, i think i'm going to go for the sit back and wait for the right one to come along tactic. I'd prefer a partially finished one, at least the outside done anyway. I'm from Grimsby, so Knight Con is only 40 mins away, shame is missed it this year Sad

Have any of you been pulled over by the local rozzers? haha i know you're not allowed to have the scanner going while you drive but i'd be so tempted just to give it the full effect. I bought myself a personal reg last year that will just sit right on my KITT replica its K16HHT I get called ribbed at work about it so i may as well turn up in the real thing Smile

Dave Stapley
Dave Stapley
http://www.soundclick.com/thegonzohouse

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:59 pm
welcome to the club Very Happy (Are we a club yet?)
Welcome to the forum then, just do as everybody else has said and bide your time and the right car will come along, as for parts we have a vendors section where people post about parts they have received, the vendors on here are also replica builder too and not just people that sell the parts so that helps.

Dave
matty316

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:20 pm
Cheers for that Dave, so anybody got any funny stories while being out in there KITT?
knighthawk
knighthawk
http://www.kitt-northwest.co.uk

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:08 am
Hi and Welcome.

Mike

Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:15 am
Hi and welcome too the fold.

Rik

Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:37 pm
Good to have you here too mate and good luck with your plans. Just started my car and the best advice I can give is that 'you can't rush kitt' even though it's tempting to.

I'm trying my best to be methodical and stick to a plan, and I'm learning something new everyday. There are some great people on here and on Facebook that are more than happy to share their photos, experience and knowledge with you too...

Good luck!

matty316

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:27 pm
Thanks for the reply guys, really enjoying the forum. Got some good news yesterday too i've got a promotion at work, start the new role in the new year so extra £'s to spend on a KITT

Happy days

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:46 pm
You can never spend enough and you will never stop spending all the time you own one.
The best advice I got recently was to take your time, try to stick to as original as possible with parts and don't buy anything to tide you over. Some parts like seats, hood, rims etc. may take a while to accumulate but it will be worth it in the end...

Last edited by stevewilde73 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
matty316

Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:02 pm
Thanks for those links, all i need now is for a KITT replica to come up for sale haha.
morpethknight

Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:37 pm
hello mate, from one fairly newbie to another!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum