Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Manchester

+2
Magnums Moustache
RS Prop Masters
6 posters
Go down
RS Prop Masters

Hello from Manchester Empty Hello from Manchester

Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:30 pm
Hello. So I just bought my first Kitt. It has been converted and I am aware has some things that are not to everyones taste, but it serves as a good base car, the engine seems to be good, its the 3L V6. Some members may recognise the car and know the previous owner.

I am looking to get the interior sorted out first. I need help and advice with the upper and lower consoles and the pods behind the wheel.

I understand the dash is a season 3/4 type?, so looking for information re the lower console, is it the correct shape? From what I have seen the buttons installed are not correct.

The upper console is a little less well made and needs a complete new fitting up there. If anyone can recommend good quality/accurate parts and electronics it would be appreciated.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks, Rob.
Magnums Moustache

Hello from Manchester Empty Re: Hello from Manchester

Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:11 am
Welcome, Rob. You're off to a brilliant start with that car. Most guys always begin with a standard base car and then spend huge chunks of time, and cash, restoring it and then start on making the conversion. You have a great head start in that respect. How accurate a replica do you want? From the pics you posted i reckon you need a new switch pod and a lower console overlay with the correct buttons. If you want to go 'full on' screen accurate you will need to exchange some of your upholstery, at the very least your door cards will need to be swapped for the early type. The centre console itself is also the later style so that will need to be changed too.

Do you know who made the dash and all the conversion parts? Establishing their origin would be a good place to start and from there you can form a plan of attack. Plenty of helpful members here can chime in with their thoughts and provide valuable info and tips.
More pics and info please.

Welcome to the board. Very Happy
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:24 pm
It looks like a great base car to start with very little needing doing to get to a decent standard. .

Bodykit can be removed, bit of a pain, but erasily done.

Dash could be an MCK one with the MCK electronics but don't quote me on that as many look the same until you get up close. It has a season 1/2 Voicebox with the later 3/4 dash and electronics.

Lower console is a mix of efforts from various seasons with some custom bits.

All in all, a very nice start.

Would you mind sharing how much you paid for the car in the present condition?

Peter
RS Prop Masters

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:30 pm

Yes, this is what I thought - Lower console is a mix of efforts from various seasons with some custom bits.

Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:19 pm
Looking good mate, wont take much to make your KITT as accurate as you want it to be Smile

Scott
RS Prop Masters

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:28 pm
Hi Scott. Well, it is now being re-fitted as a full Season One car, the dash is out and parts are being acquired.
Magnums Moustache

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:03 pm
Ha...game on! Take some pics, quick. What parts are you waiting on?
RS Prop Masters

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:35 pm
I think, so far the body kit needs to come off, it's having a season one nose and fender vents and rear bumper. Inside we are having a new dash, upper and lower console. I think all of this is covered off now.. Parts we are waiting on are electronics, looking at jupiter. I did see some stuff on Facebook re in car computers, any of these worth looking at, would like to have KITT talk.

Rob.
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:44 pm
Damn that didnt take long lol. Not sure what the wait time for jupiters are these days. I know Stu has just ordered his full set from Carlo in Italy and he said they will be ready in a week which is amazing

Scott
RS Prop Masters

Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:01 am
I hear Jupiter are the way to go, did consider KOE too, who is Carlo? Is he connected with the ebay seller in Italy?
Magnums Moustache

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:52 pm
He's in Italy but I'm not sure if he's connected to the eBay chappy. I believe that there are two Italians doing dash electronics. If you haven't paid Jupiter for a set I'd hold on to see how Stu's order shapes up. I've watched a vid on ebay of a set of electronics being assembled on a CNC machine. To me they look excellent.
Knight Passions is another vendor whos website you should look at. Lots of conversion parts, superb quality and the fella that owns the company is a top business man.

Chris.
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:14 pm
Rob, Carlo's page on facebook is 'Officine SuperCar'  and heres a video of his dash electronics

I can vouch for what Chris has said about Knight Passions too, ive got his front nose and gullwing on my car and they are superb Smile
RS Prop Masters

Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:33 pm
OK, small update, ok, large update. I "fell" on a great chap selling some parts, so I managed to go this morning and collect the following

Knight Passions Dash (S4)
Full Jupiter electronics pre installed in dash
Upper and lower console with jupiter electronics installed
Freshly re-upholstered PMD seats, front and back, never been sat in
Correct door cards
New gullwing wheel with boss
S4 throttle pedal lights
New carpets

I already had some original seat belt guides which may get installed, need to watch some S4 to find them in there

So, the interior is pretty sorted, once all thats in I will be looking at the external, getting the body kit off and popping the correct bumper on her along with fender vents and season 4 nose.

Loving this.
Magnums Moustache

Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:02 pm
Damn! How lucky can one man be??

Pics, pics....this thread needs pics!!

Last edited by Magnums Moustache on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
RS Prop Masters

Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:06 pm
Nothing to photo really, it's all in the back of a van.
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:00 pm
Ah very nice ! i take it that was all the stuff George was selling on the facebook page ? I saw the dash, looks real nice Smile
RS Prop Masters

Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:10 pm
yes, it was that collection of items.
noone
noone

Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:53 pm
Hi Rob!

Very nice car!
If you do the interior and add PMD Seats please sell me your bottom seats. My wifes Trans am has the same and they are in bad condition.

thanks Martin
Admin
Admin
https://knightrideruk.forum.st

Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:24 pm
bring him to.show us all...theres an event close to you, check knights at the manor post
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum