Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
NotchbackKITT

Another reason to be vigilant Empty Another reason to be vigilant

Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:20 am
The message is well known by all of us. But how many of us really take this into account when we spend those several hours a day online? Be careful folks!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Another reason to be vigilant Empty Re: Another reason to be vigilant

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:49 am
The problem is, hackers can crack even well known trusted companies databases as happened with Sony Playstation Network. Millions of people lost their information on unknown hands, me among others.

One doesn't even have to go to some dodgy websites to risk their computer, any website which uses advertising banners can spread malware or viruses as happened in one Finnish portal / discussion forum. Good thing the antivirus programme stopped it but it took days before they fixed it. Was probably difficult to track down as it occurred only randomly but the reason was indeed an infected advertising banner.

As Michael Knight said in A Plush Ride, everyones information is somewhere in some computer, all you need to access it is to know which buttons to press.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:28 am
The trouble is that the 'database state' that we live in now, has been created by the fact that we all share too much of ourselves online - in my opinion.

I do my best to share an 'online identity' that still keeps me 'in the loop', but I keep much of my private life away from the internet.

As for confidential things like banking etc., they have always been open to corruption - the internet has just made it a little easier, we are all too trusting :-)
knight2
knight2

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:01 am
stevewilde73 wrote:The trouble is that the 'database state' that we live in now, has been created by the fact that we all share too much of ourselves online - in my opinion.

I do my best to share an 'online identity' that still keeps me 'in the loop', but I keep much of my private life away from the internet.

As for confidential things like banking etc., they have always been open to corruption - the internet has just made it a little easier, we are all too trusting :-)

I agree totally and the whole banking system IS corrupt.
I will never get a 'loan' or credit card ever again now i know how that 'business' works.It's all fraud.

.........Kev
hoffman95
hoffman95

Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:27 am
Although it's still possible to "get me" I'm glad I avoid facebook and other such sites.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum