Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Mat Irvine (BBC Special FX Legend) on Swap Shop Empty Mat Irvine (BBC Special FX Legend) on Swap Shop

Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:18 pm
For those of who don't remember, Mat Irvine was a BBC Visual Effects Designer and was responsible for the effects seen in many BBC shows in the 70's and 80's.

He is most famous for his work on Doctor Who and Blakes 7.

Anyway, from time to time he would pop up on BBC TV telling tales on how to do your own effects and sometimes how to blow things up...safely.

I've just found these great clips of him appearing on Swap Shop.

Mat Irvine (BBC Special FX Legend) on Swap Shop Empty Re: Mat Irvine (BBC Special FX Legend) on Swap Shop

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:13 am
blakes 7 was amazing as a child, bet it looks tacky now lol

Mat Irvine (BBC Special FX Legend) on Swap Shop Empty Re: Mat Irvine (BBC Special FX Legend) on Swap Shop

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:39 am
I think half the problem with these BBC shows is the use of video tape for the studio footage. The U.S. shows from the same era all used 35mm off the top of my head and have all aged better - visually anyway.

As for the show itself, I loved Blakes 7 too, i remember always turned the end of the theme tune right up loud on our old 26" phillips (huge in it's day ha ha)

I had the toy of the Liberator too.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum