Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Take 1 good car, add John and a sanding machine..... Empty Take 1 good car, add John and a sanding machine.....

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:59 am
Here what happens when you take 1 pretty well mint, 60K mile diesel citreon.....add John....then give him a sanding machine Twisted Evil

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Take 1 good car, add John and a sanding machine..... Empty Re: Take 1 good car, add John and a sanding machine.....

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 am
Errrrr ok.

Any reason why? I know citroens are notoriously crap cars but did it really deserve this lol.
J-Knight
J-Knight

Take 1 good car, add John and a sanding machine..... Empty Re: Take 1 good car, add John and a sanding machine.....

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:24 am
Rusting it out. It's going to be a rat rod!

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:29 am
Got some......erm......intersting lookd of everyone going past. Actually looks much cooler in reality than in the pics, almost tempted to do my big Volvo lol!

What happened when Debbie found out.....or is it just me and you going to Knightcon now LOL!
J-Knight
J-Knight

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:33 am
She was reluctant. It's currently laying under a mountain of road salt to help it along!

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:38 am
LOL.....seriously, has it not started to orange yet, must be the only Citreon that wont rust lol!
J-Knight
J-Knight

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:52 am
It's going now mate. You'll see if you come down when I'm welding! Smile

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:08 pm
LOL....will get over asap, want to see how your getting on....in the middle of girl issues now argh!
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:53 pm
ha ha, rat rod citroen, why the hell not. Loving the firebird badge on the bonnet though

How long can you leave it like though before it eats through properly
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Is it gonna have a supercharged V8 engine in it or something.
jasper1978

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:55 pm
if you want toget somemserious rust to it, there is a kind of acid which does that. cant remember the name of it, but if you google it, something will come up...
J-Knight
J-Knight

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:31 pm
Scott I've no idea, there are ways to preserve it according to the Internet. Such as lacquering over it before it gets really bad, and someone found spraying wd40 over it worked too.

Peter, is it hell. I'm just having some fun with it Wink

Jasper, road salt worked a treat lol
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:50 pm
It can't e a proper rat rod unless it looks like shit AND is faster than anything around.
J-Knight
J-Knight

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:51 pm
I realise this. It's a loosely used phrase.
Whicher
Whicher

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:06 pm
Forgive me, I'm an idiot... What the hell is a rat rod??? Lol
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:06 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rat rods !
Whicher
Whicher

Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:43 am
Haha. They're wicked. Thanks Scott. Not sure you're gonna achieve that look with a Citreon though John!! Wink
J-Knight
J-Knight

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:29 pm
This is the more "scene" rat look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If anything, it's a laugh! Laughing

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:41 pm
Wheres the updated pics with teh rust....surely its rusting by now?!!?!?!??!
J-Knight
J-Knight

Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:43 pm
I'm in the middle of a mega upload at the moment uploading a video of the stunt show I was at yesterday. Once that's done I'll grab a progress pic. Alastair are you any good at graffiti? Haha!

Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:01 pm
OOOOOHHHHH....I can do a "Roadrunner" head lol!

Pretty sure if you park it outside mine with a sign saying "graffiti my car for free"....you'll get some cracking art done on it Wink
J-Knight
J-Knight

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:58 pm
I think I need more rust areas. Got more plans for it but here's the orange coming through.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:10 pm
Get some light brown/orange paint mate and water it down Then brush it over the metal areas and it'll look like rust

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:23 am
Amazing.....thats like a week that cars had bare metal....had coke, salt and water poured over it and its only JUST starting to show signs of rusting!!!!!!! You sure thats not got a molecular bonded shell lol!
J-Knight
J-Knight

Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:30 am
Some of the bare metal still has a layer of galvanisation on it. Basically didn't sand the bare metal for long enough. Ha! Can break it more when I get home.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum