Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
kitt23

request: wiring guides Empty request: wiring guides

Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:34 pm
im clueless on wiring....since my headliners out of car i figured this would be a good time to run wires for my future upper console, but i dont know how!....im sure theres others like me this would help.....video/pictures would be great....example where to run wire for the power? ground?
Whicher
Whicher

request: wiring guides Empty Re: request: wiring guides

Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:42 pm
Wiring can be a bitch if you don't know what you're doing mate. I'm not very experienced but luckily my dad is and I've been asking him for advice here and there. The Internet is a great source of info and tutorials. Be very careful or you could end up shorting something important out or making things dangerous and a fire risk. Why not get yourself on a little electronics course somewhere?

I've not started wiring properly just yet but I have installed a circuit for our power seat by running a new wire from the fuse box, fused properly. There are some spare terminals usually. Those labelled BAT on the fuse box go straight to the battery so have power all the time. IGN I think is the label on other terminals that have power only when the ignition is on.

I'd draw it all out and plan it and get someone who knows what they're doing take a look before you go installing anything though if you're really clueless about electronics man.
kitt23

Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:20 am
ya hence why im trying to learn...im confused on how many wires i need for s1 upper console if i wanna do functional stuff
NotchbackKITT

Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:14 am
The wires you run depend on what you want to connect to the upper console. Will it just be the electronics that you want to light up with a switch? Will you have a tone generator hooked up to certain buttons it? Extras like a GPS? Camera? How about a button for starting the car or controlling things like the windows up and down?

I think you'll first want to figure out exactly what functions you want the console to perform. Then we can determine what wires and perhaps how many you'll want to consider running.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum