Thought this might be handy as some people have been asking me how this went together on our car. I don't know where it came from originally as it was on our first Firebird that we bought:
1. This is the piece that slides onto the steering column. I'm not sure how this attaches properly yet as I've not tried taking the steering wheel off and I can't remember what it was like when I removed it. It goes this way round as you're looking at the steering column from the driver seat.
2. This piece then fits onto the first part using three bolts screwed down from the front.
3. Bolts go in and are tightened up.
4. Side view when bolts are tight.
5. Front view when bolts are tight.
6. Next part to the assembly that goes onto the parts assembled so far.
7. Alan bolts screw in from the rear onto this part.
8. Rear view when bolts are tight.
9. Side view when bolts are tight.
10. That's the assembly completed that stays on the car. The next piece attaches to the Gull Wing with more bolts.
11. Front view of completed unit.
12. Side view of completed unit.
To remove the Gull Wing you slide the ring back away from you and the Gull Wing pulls off away from the steering column.
You simply push the Gull Wing back onto the unit and give it a bit of a wiggle ring springs forward and locks.
I'm guessing that the cables can be attached to the horn.
Hope that helps some people out!