Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As knight con lost its way?

+16
Wiggy
Kitt
BoMcD
weerab
Hudds-Bonnie
pbryant_knight
Newcastle knight
jasper1978
Lone_crusader
SKIMODE
Tony Westwood
KOTPKITT
Paul O
Admin
KnaresboroughKnight
heckyknight
20 posters
Go down
KnaresboroughKnight
KnaresboroughKnight
http://www.chrisjonesaction.co.uk

As knight con lost its way? - Page 2 Empty Re: As knight con lost its way?

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:30 am
The Knight Rider side of things had to be scaled down for a good reason, Rob has already mentioned this on Facebook (I understand many wont have seen that), but trust me when I say that Knight Rider wasn't ignored, quite the opposit.

That said, it's a shame that people really can't see past the fact that Knight Rider got less attention than last year. There were still a good gathering of cars, a VIP from the show and an evening event just for the show. Just keep that in mind.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:47 pm
Just to echo the above from Knaresboroughknight and hudds-bonnie...this is my opinion and not that of the events organisers.

I've been a fan of the show since the original pilot went out in Feb 83 and I love the whole mythology around it....but I am not delusional about it's relevance in todays 'pop culture' either.

KR replicas owners/fans have two options, to have regular local meets (as some do) at other car shows and events...AND also be a star attraction at what many consider to be the worlds largest and best costume and star car event, which was attended this year by over 40,000 people...I can't think of a higher complement than that....no other small fan group had a separate convention taking place there that day.  

Every fan that attended should be proud to be a part of that.

Three other things that are being totally missed, which are...

'Licensing'...all event organizers are walking a legal tightrope at these kind of events, hence the lack of standees, displays and merchandise on display....which was explained before.

'Funding', this event costs a serious amount of money to put on, and it doesn't take the brains of Lloyd George to realize that 20-30 VIP tickets (as grateful as we are for everybody that actually bought a ticket) don't go very far when VIPs have to be flown across the Atlantic as opposed to a quick trip to L.A. etc., and if the organizers really didn't care about KR then they could have saved the money spent and paid Amanda Holden instead ffs and left her downstairs in Xscape, rather than focus on us fans who get the most benefit and joy from Rebecca coming.  By the way I'll take his opportunity to say thanks to Rebecca Holden who was amazing all weekend and would be devastated to read that even one person went home unhappy.

The final thing this event runs on for me ties into the former regarding funding and that is...

'Peoples Goodwill'...Unfortunately I can only fit so much into my car so I was unable to fit anything in from my ever 'growing out of hand' collection, and I would have been unable to have had time to organise it as I was busy most days and nights working towards the event.  I made calls to other collectors to see if they could bring other rare and unseen things to display (and not the usual hot wheels and models etc. ) but sadly it didn't happen even with months of planning.  Having said that, Licensing would have made displaying anything difficult again.   Nothing was undelivered that was promised to my mind.

As the rumour got out, there very nearly was not going to be a VIP at the event this year, but myself and others worked together and found the finances to bring Rebecca over, as we are fans first and foremost, and having a VIP really is the icing on the cake to the event and makes it special, which I think everybody would agree with.

I have to say at this point that Rebecca was amazing all weekend.   She made time for everybody, was compassionate, patient and a true professional throughout as she could see the dashing around, people not sleeping for days and trying to get so much done with the only intention of making as many people happy as possible.   'Ego' and 'kudos' never played a part...and if anybody saw me get called up by Lion for a photo after the Q&A can testify, I was embarrassed beyond belief.   There was even an attempt at the 'eleventh hour' to see if more money could be raised together to get another guest, rather than recoup.

Anyway, waffle over, and the old saying "you can please some of the people some of the time etc. etc." has never been more true in my opinion...

I just hope that enough goodwill is left in everybody involved to want to stage this event again, because regardless of the time involved, the travel, the domestic and professional dramas behind the scenes and the physical and financial realities...

I thought it was an amazing weekend, I met some amazing people, my 4 year old finally met KARR and overcame his fear ha ha (thanks Peter), I put some names to faces, I never had enough time to speak to everybody (so sincere apologies to Tim, Laura, Wiggy, Dave, Ryan A, Carlos and his wife, Alvaar, Michel who traveled so far and at such expense etc...), of course I am disappointed in the things that some people are not happy with, but I am still full of gratitude for Steve & Rob for allowing me to be a part of it and so proud that we were ALL a part of making so many people happy.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:58 pm
Oh and I forgot to thank Neil Breakwell for helping set up tables at 0600 over at Xscape, I hope your back is better than mine today :-)
Lone_crusader
Lone_crusader

Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:03 pm
Well said Steve Smile it was an awesome event as always and like you say would be a tragedy if the people complaining resulted in the event being no more.
BoMcD

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:23 pm
As someone associated with a similar sized event...

So... Let me wrap my head around this... a FREE event out of the goodness of Steve and Rob's hearts and it's still not good enough...? Did I mention free..?

And now an account started with 7 posts just to complain...

Good God... Rolling Eyes 

These cars are magnets. People will want to touch them... Solution? Invest in 4 post stanchions as most replica owners do or work in shifts to watch the cars... that's what we do at the Vegas show... 3 people can handily keep the peace. "HEY! Please Don't touch!" works wonders.

I have paid out several times to have looky-loo paint rubs and such taken care of.. it's part of the life...

The organizers have been breaking their backs for the last year to make ALL people that come, not just the Knight Rider folk to have a brighter day and bring some smiles and joy into people's lives and still people want to complain and drag a dead cat over the festivities.

Hell I enjoyed looking at the TARDIS and other pics far more than the KITTs, I see one all day long and have so for 30 years now...

And I Bet very few "people" decided to help pony up some scratch to bring Rebecca over... as I understand it, it was done by people digging up what they could to try and bring even MORE to the audience... without a dime going back into their pockets....

Here's a plan of action for next year.

You didn't like it this year..?

Don't come next year...

The other 39,999 people and I (who will be there even if someone brings a damn Hot Wheels KITT) will thank you for it.

And to those that went and had a great time..?
Save a seat for the loud American.. Party ON!
Hudds-Bonnie
Hudds-Bonnie

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:59 pm
Indeed Steve, You guys were a bit busy to try and speak to, and of course in your spare moments you were understandably with your kids.

Boo to you complainers..

Kitt

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:16 pm
I challenge anyone to put together what Steve and Rob has here in the UK and the relationships they have built with the cast and crew, without these guys you would not have had ANY interaction with any of the cast and crew from event to event it would continue to be cars in a carpark, have a little respect for their hard work.
I would not blame them at all for not even bothering next year with all the grief they get because a few select people didn't get everything they really wanted, cant please everyone sadly!
It takes a man/woman to take up a complaint privately, and a child to hang it out in the open hoping that everyone else will play sheep.
Wiggy
Wiggy

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:54 pm
I personally have seen the blood, sweat and tears that goes into this event for many years.

The passion that goes into making US an event to remember.

Things evolve, thats natural progression. My two kids were blown away at what they saw, as was I.

Im sure you will agree that Knightcon Heros and Star Cars is an awesome non-profit event put on for US.

Steve, Rob your hard work and dedication is second to none.

THESE GUYS MAKE A DIFFRENCE !

And as previous posts say... you dont like... Simple DONT ATTEND.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:47 pm
It was ........................AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Great cars, great people, great food, great beer......really great hotel bed!!!!

Steve F, Rob and Steve W do this, for us, FOR NOTHING......how can anybody even think of complaining about it.....even if it held in an crappy Asda carpark, and was nothing more than everyone metting up in the trollypark, we should STILL be thankfull for them organising it.....Instead of the Asda carpark what do we get....a whole public area, private sections, banners, photo opportunities, actress/actors from the show......if anyone can do a better go for it, but even if someone does I'd rather stick to Steves, regardless where it is or what it involves....its about the cars and the people that attend, making friends and being part of something good!

Rebecca was fantastic, such a lovely person, which matches all the fans and car owners I met on the day. So I for one want to say a HUGE thank you to Steve, Steve and Rob and everyone else that made the thing possible, that includes all the guys who brought their cars down......it's great to be part of something like this and next year I'll hopefully have my car in the lineup!

Nuff said lol!

Paul O
http://www.motorcloud.net

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:54 pm
I think a point to note is that Rob has asked for feedback, and asked how the event could be improved on a public website. As an event organiser myself I fully appreciated the rediculous amount of effort that goes into this type of thing and Rob/Steve do a truly superb job. Personally I do like to provide feedback on events I've enjoyed to help the guys improve in future years. Any event organiser will tell you how important this is.

I had a look through some of the feedback on Facebook, (much of it followed by an emotive berating by Chris if it wasn't all good ;D), but broadly seems to fall into very similar camps;

Entrance overcrowded. This is not the organisers fault this really, but one to take on the chin and feedback to Xscape management to be a bit sharper on in future years. This is good feedback though as it could put customers off future events.

Limited viewing of the stage / wheelchair users could not see. Again, this is good feedback and there were some interesting improvement suggestions offered up, such as a catwalk type affair which I thought was quite a good idea personally! Very Happy

Knight Con isn't really about Knight Rider. I personally don't really understand this comment. If you were to strip away all the other cars, the heroes, etc what would you have left? You'd have a large number of KITT replicas, plus their owners, plus a private viewing area, some memorabilia and some guest celebrities. So in effect... pretty much exactly what we've always had. I wonder if perhaps KnightCon hard-core fans preferred that "few guys in a car park" feeling and that it was is now missing. However, you can still get this if you attend the Intimate evening. Yes you have to pay, but it isn't much really and in terms of 'value' its a bargain.

Cars damaged This is a double-edged sword. If you barrier them all off, people comment that you can't get close to them. If you don't, you run the risk of people catching the paintwork. Suggestion for future years would be to get helpers (perhaps those from this forum?) to "police" a section of cars and make sure that peeps don't get their oily mits all over the cars. In some of my previous events, I've had the car owners do this and they were more than happy to help and shoulder some of the resposibility of the day, and to feel an active part of something special.

Whether Hecky raises his comments in the right manner is perhaps open for debate, but you can't knock the fact he has fed back his thoughts on how he would like the event to be made better. Rob and Steve can choose to take on board, or discard them as they see fit. Whilst an understandable comment, "Don't like it, don't bother attending" isn't the ideal response as ultimately, event organisers want people to attend and it is always worth listening to those who go to the trouble of providing their views - both good and bad.

But all that aside, once again from me guys, a huge thanks for all your efforts, congratulations on a job well done and I hope you continue to do this for many a year to come. You've just got to work out how to monitise it now and turn it into a career. And I need to get me a KR replica. Or a Camaro - they looked fooooookin' awesome!!! Smile
Lone_crusader
Lone_crusader

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:33 pm
The car damage was frustrating. Most there felt they didn't dare leave the cars so did operate a shift pattern of guarding them so others could go and eat or pee or look round. Last year when they were fenced off everyone could leave the area and relax somewhat. Mine was scratched badly on the nose which was upsetting Sad
I did miss the kr media room as loved last year looking at everyone's merchandise and stuff, and I missed most of the q and a fighting through the crowd of chavs inside who were impossible to push through! The videos of the costume parade were ace but again I couldn't get anywhere near the stage to see them! The crowds were so intense it was scary at times.
Lone_crusader
Lone_crusader

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:39 pm
The people in the crowd didn't help as a lot were young chavs who were quite balshy and aggressive, rude and inconsiderate. Big issue with free events. Attracts dossers who
Would normally never attend a car show as costs money!!!! So many teenage mums with pushchairs twatted the cars as they slobbed past!
KnaresboroughKnight
KnaresboroughKnight

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:26 pm
The thing is Paul, and the reason for my rather 'to the point' post, is that it's the same idiots that moan every year. Having done what I can to help at these events every year except this, it's incredibly frustrating to know that come Monday there will be some ar*e ready to pounce with an idiotic thread bashing every minor detail they can.

Constructive feedback, sure, that's sensible. Nitpicking for all your worth just to be a git, really no need.

Every year there are KR nutters, and I mean proper nutters, that rip into Knightcon in any way they can, they are the people I have an issue with, not people giving thought out feedback.
Admin
Admin
https://knightrideruk.forum.st

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:09 am
I'm gonna repeat this one more time: I'm gutted that people are trashing KRUK and making accusations how they will be deleted if they say something bad about KnightCon here so they choose to spill the dummies on Facebook instead here. Gutted, disappointed and quite frankly pissed off. Makes me wonder is there a point to keep this site going. Seriously?! If you prefer to bash and trash on Facebook instead coming here and talking then there's no point for this site. So please, just let me know so I can save me from being more hurt and upset over it daily. Thank you.

Marina, not Steve and not Rob who by the way isn't even a moderator on KRUK.

Evil or Very Mad 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Admin

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:29 pm
All right since Ryan Tissandier is scared to post here because he will get deleted I will post this in his name and if his accusations of being deleted are true guess I'll have to delete myself.

Knightcon 2013

My views on KC this year. I would normally be posting this up on the Knight Rider UK Forums but due to me being deleted by both Rob and Steve for some unknown reason, to which they have both failed to even explain, which is very childish.

I have been to the last 2 KnightCon events prior to this one just gone and the first one I went to, even though I didnt take my KITT as it was still under build I really enjoyed myself, there were lots of KITT replicas all lined up, inside the main building were lots of stands to do with the KR side of things, from dash suppliers to electronics suppliers etc. The KC event last year was the first time I took my KITT and I was parked up in a row amongst a good 21 KITT's or so and felt overwhelmed on the turnout. All the cars were secured between steel barriers to keep the public at bay and I was able to walk around and view the other attractions and cars etc without the worry of my car getting damaged.

This year however was a total mess, I bought 2 VIP tickets, one for me and one for my partner Sarah who could only attend the friday night event as she had work on the Saturday morning so left the hotel at 6.30am. Paying £25.00 for each ticket to go and stand in a room to chat to other owners meet and greet Rebecca Holden to me was a waste of money. I would much rather have had a drink in the hotel lobby with friends (who also went down with me but didnt go the vip) and save £50.00. What was the platinum ticket getting people? Q&A with rebecca holden in a private room, which most could not attend as they were too busy making sure no one damaged there pride and joy sat outside. From getting up at 6.15am, cleaning KITT and moving him over to the main arena was pointless as there was no said area, we may as well have stayed in bed till a normal hour and just drove in a parking space as thats all it was. The public were allowed to just wonder over, sit on the cars, have there kids put there hands all over the cars and not respect the hard work thats been put into the build of these cars.

Why was it ok for barriers to be put around the prime truck, the camaros, the bat mobile, the general lee, the ecto car? What makes them so special? One guy with a 2000 Pontiac had one public member confront him as he told his lad to get off his car as he was on his bonnet, its just not on at all. The A team van left after a few hours as he was sick of people ignoring his notice not to sit in or touch the van. I dont blame him either as I left at 2pm as my car was getting pushed up against by loads of people, push chairs and kids with ice cream mits all over it. A fair few cars got damaged that day including mine with several fine scratches from peoples jeans, pushchairs etc. There was a comment on the forum that I read from one owner that said his car got damaged but he didnt spit his dummy out over it, thats prob cause his car was due a paint job or it was not as immac as others that did get damaged. Thats not the point though, all cars should have been made secure. Without us owners taking cars to the event, then it would not even be happening, it would just be a load of costumers and I very much doubt 40,000 people would go to see that. I had so many of the public asking why there werent as many KITT's as previous years, well there will be even less if there is one next year.

Whats happened is that as each event is getting bigger and bigger the whole Knight Rider theme is just dwindling down and the stars and heros is becoming the biggest part of it all. Seeing costumers parading up and down is not my idea of driving 120 miles,spending £60 on fuel in a 5.0 V8, £40 on a hotel room, £50 on vip tickets for. They have comic con events for things like that and thats something that doesnt interest me.

If the vip ticket gave access to the upper balcony so everyone thats paid can see the characters coming out the tunnel then that would have been good for them as most were right at the back and could not see a thing. There was not even a room this year with anything KR related.

Knightcon has died, its no longer about us KITT lovers, me and a few friends with replicas are happy just meeting up once a year, in a car park, chatting over whats been done, checking out each others KITT's, having a bite to eat and a drink just like how Knightcon used to be. Thats my opinion and im sure a few others will agree.

No doubt this will get back to the organisers of the event and I will prob get deleted off the forum too as thats what kids do when they spit there dummy out. Im just happy that I have spent 2 years building my KITT the way I like it and I get some great comments off the public saying how much they love it and to see how happy it makes them to see a childhood dream right in front of there eyes. Dont get me wrong, a lot of effort and prep from Rob and Steve goes into Knightcon but the theme has now died.

Im happy just driving my KITT out to venues, some even pay me to take it there for a static display for pics etc. Making people happy, seeing kids smiling and the joy KITT brings to people is enough for me. "One man can make a difference"
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:54 pm
As a moderator on KRUK I resent the implication that we ban any member for having an opinion. I've been involved with KRUK for 10 years or so and in that entire time there have been a handful of members banned.

If there is any hint of any kind of action being taken the entire staff from KRUK discuss the cases in private.

NO ONE is banned for having an opinion.

Warnings are given before any banning action is taken. Banning action usually takes place after repeated offences against warnings and complaints from other members.

We try to keep this a happy community. Its sometimes hard to do that when there are people causing trouble, not once, but on a regular basis.

Peter
SarahxLou

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:22 pm
You may think "Ryan is scared to post on here"....but I'm not.

This year was my first time at KnightCon and I have to say I was disappointed!! Yes....a lot of thought and effort has gone into it all and I appreciate the work the organisers have done....BUT I was very disappointed and nothing will change that. I was expecting a lot more Knight Rider related things at the VIP evening, not just a spattering of posters on the walls and a make shift semi. It was lovely to meet Rebecca Holden, who seems to be a lovely lady. But that was it....that's all it was.

As for the day event, I wasn't there as I had to leave at 6.30 am for other commitments. But just going from the pics I have seen.....KR has been pushed away. Prime, ecto 1, bat mobile etc all took main stage and the KITT replicas were left to the back an left with no protection from the general public.

I have read somewhere that Xscape don't want the event just KR related, which is fair enough as they are graciously allowing you to use the space....if that's the case then "KnightCon" needs to be rethought....is the name the best idea or should it just be changed to "Star Cars and Heros"? Then people won't mistake it for being a KR event PLUS other star cars and heros.

I have also read that, because the KITT replicas were not barriered off from the public, they have sustained damage. Now some of you may not be "spitting your dummies out" over it, but each to their own. These cars are their pride and joy and a HELL of a lot of work has gone into re-creating something they love. Days, weeks, months, years. Endless hours fixing, painting, fitting etc had gone into these and probably some blood a sweat too. They don't then want to go to an event where the car gets damaged. Half the owners who had paid for a VIP ticket couldn't even use it as they had to stay with their cars to prevent damage.

Put yourself in their shoes - if you don't own something you've worked so hard on- would you be happy if a child comes up to your car with chocolate/sweets etc coving their hands and putting them all over the car? Running their hands down the bonnets? Would you be happy if people and up to your car, and without permission, sit in your car knowing they could possibly damage the electronics? Or damage the paintwork with buttons in their coats etc? Would you happily let parents that close to your car with a pushchair?!

I understand owners left for fear of their cars being damaged including the A-Team van!

Someone else asked a kid to get if his bonnet and was confronted! That simply is not on! And one of the organisers should have said something regarding this. Is that really something you want at an event you all work so hard and off your own backs to put on?! For the name to be tarred with a possible bad rep because of how car owners and cars are treated?!

Then we get to the childishness.....people being deleted of Facebook because that person has apparently "slagged" someone off...or deleted of KRUK.....people starting rumours that are simply not true. How about speaking to the person in question before acting so rash?

After reading the comments regarding this topic....to me from the outside....it seems like people are not allowed to express their opinions about how they felt about this years KnightCon, like Ryan. Surely he is allowed to voice his own opinion on his own Facebook account? Yet you then drag it on here and accuse him of being "scared". That's pathetic.

I say Well done to the organiser for putting on an event that is clearly in a large scale......the downside is.....you need to re think the whole thing. KnightCon clearly didn't have much, if anything, to do with its name sake...KNIGHT RIDER....if you want it KR related in someway then compromise.

This is MY opinion and like admin have said....we are allowed one. If you want to slag me off over it, go for it, but my opinion will stand all the same.
KnaresboroughKnight
KnaresboroughKnight

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:40 pm
License issues plain and simple. Its not a case of Rob and Steve 'Not caring' my guess is its probably down to license issues and the costs involved with 'Knight Rider'.

Anyway, my guess is you have probably killed it now anyway. Every year its the Knight Rider gang that moan, even back when it was a pure Knight Rider event this was the case. Sad really

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:03 pm
Ryan was cleaning his car at 0640 and all of the cars were parked up by 0830 (when this picture was taken), the show started much much later.

So without wanting to sound clever, surely there was plenty of time for him to have brought up any concerns,

If it was my car, I wouldn't have left it until I was happy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SarahxLou

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:16 pm
Steve, I think you'll find I know what time Ryan was outside cleaning off his car as I was with him.

He was informed that there would be a barrier system, hence the reason he took his car.....BECAUSE it turned out that there would be no system, Ryan ended up not leaving his car up until he left at 2pm because he did not want his car to sustain damage...correction...ANY MORE damage....from the public who could not actually give a crap whether the scratch the cars or not.

What about all the other people who had concerns? You going to say they had enough time to voice their concerns to? Even though it wasn't apparent until it was too late? What about the guy that was confronted because he told an uncontrollable child to get of his car? What did you want him to do? Leave his car unsupervised to voice his concern? What about the guy with the A-Team van who left because people were ignoring him and getting in the van when it CLEARLY stated to stay out?! Where were all the organisers? Inside because they didn't have the possibility that their car could be damaged when their back was turned.

Though, you have clearly not read my full post correctly as this is only a minor issue - which you seem to be focused on along with everyone else it seems - along with others that creates a larger issue.

Last edited by SarahxLou on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
SKIMODE

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:03 pm
Can i just state for the record, that we absolutely planned to have the whole kitt area barriered off and not just the full back section. The fact that this happened is unfortunately down to the venue not allocating us enough barriers, this is a MAJOR concern to me!! and a matter i will absolutely be bringing up at my next meeting with them!.

Unfortunately on the day i was totally unaware of any damage being caused to your cars, if i had been informed i would have WITHOUT DOUBT done my absolute best to try and rectify the situation! i hope you all know me well enough by now to know that i take your happiness and safety of your cars VERY VERY seriously!!

This fact has obviously ruined most of your experiences at the event this year, so much to the point that many have stated you will not be returning with your cars again, and for that i am eternally sorry as i considered each one of you a friend having spent many wonderful times with you over the years at this event.

Because of your utter disappointment with us the organisers of Knightcon and other factors, a statement is now been produced regarding the future of the event.

once again, i can only apologise on behalf of myself (Rob) and Steve

Last edited by SKIMODE on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
heckyknight

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:30 pm
To be honest rob even if you were told at the event about the damage you could not have done anything about it. I know for a fact you would not have even parked your kitt outside like that. Yours comes in a glass box dont it?.
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:37 pm
Hi Sarah, Ryan is more than welcome here ! i havnt been on the laptop since early yesterday so ive speed read a bit and have obviously missed bits so i dont know whos saying hes scared to come here ? i welcome him to come here and voice his concerns etc

Im an admin here and as Peter has said, banning people etc is a last resort to deal with idiots who just cause trouble here on the forum, having an opinion on something isnt that.

And also, my car was in that line up too, and like Ryan i ended up staying next to it most of the day for his same fears, however i obviously missed one instance because ive got a a scratch behind my drivers door now, im not overly happy about it but its unfair to point the finger at the event organisers personally when it was just some uncaring member of the public.

Constructive feedback is key to big events like this, like Rob said he was unaware this was going on outside as he was so busy inside. So i can say for certain me and my KITT will return next year ! but all we need to make sure of next year is theres enough barriers to put round all the KITT's again and problem solved Smile

Other concerns as far as the costume guys go i cant really say a bad word against that element of the show as i love all of that !

I think of KnightCon now as, KnightCon but with a crap load of other cool stuff too. I know what you mean by the spotlight has been taken off the Knight Rider element but after speaking to Rob about this a while ago on the phone, i know perfectly well why its been downscaled which i cant really go into.

The event is what you make of it though, i see it as a weekend away to meet up with good friends from different parts of the country, check out each others cars etc.

Scott
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:39 pm
Hecky, if your just going to continue to stir and stir you will indeed be shown the door mate.

Ive just said in my previous post about banning people for being idiots and causing trouble and to me thats exactly what your doing now. Its upto you
Admin
Admin

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:51 pm
Sarah I've not met you because this was first Knightcon I wasn't at like it was your first you came to. Ryan said that he will probably be deleted on forum in his post on Facebook and that it was the reason why he won't post here. The thing is that this was the place to post and not facebook. I put it here because he was concerned that he will be deleted. You seem to forget that this is forum for car owners and not just fans and both Steve and Rob are car owners and to state they don't care is harsh and you keep saying "their pride and joy" well I'm well aware of everyone's pride and joy who shared it here. Ryan is more than welcome to join the discussion here instead moaning all over Facebook. And once again NOBODY was deleted for this from here so please stop saying that. I don't like being accused for something that is not true and to call me pathetic is unfair because Ryan didn't even try to post here instead he just went and made accusations about KRUK on Facebook. If Steve and Rob removed him on Facebook I haven't and his statement and yours about this site has made me utterly mad because it wasn't made after something wrong has been done to him but in advance based on assumption which wouldn't happen.

Heckyknight I agree with Scott. You're walking a thin line with your last post.

Marina

Last edited by Admin on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum