Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 4 upsets me :(

+3
stue
Newcastle knight
pbryant_knight
7 posters
Go down
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Season 4 upsets me :( Empty Season 4 upsets me :(

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:37 am
I have recently satrted watching the full series right from season 1 and am now up to season 4. Back in the day, people slated this for it's storylines and lack of originality but to be honest i've been finding the storylines ok.

What i really hate is Super Pursuit Mode!! It looks just awful. Sad The way KITT get's kind of excited about going into SPM is also quite disturbing. The girl from Helios said "the question isn't how fast the car can go, but how fast you wish it to go" therefore rendering SPM Defunct, an uneccessary addition.

Also, "C" mode. I mean KITT already had T-Tops so there was no need for this. All of a sudden the glass roof, upper console etc disappear into the back? This doesn't look as bad as SPM but still doesn't make sense. Over the first 3 seasons he only drove with the roof panels off maybe twice.

The amount of support characters they re-use for different roles is staggering. I never noticed it until now. Everyone will remember Ann Turkel playing a different role but there have been many many more as well.

What are your personal thoughts on season 4?

What do you think could have kept the show alive just one more season.

Peter
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Season 4 upsets me :( Empty Re: Season 4 upsets me :(

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:01 pm
I must admit its probably my least favourite season. The over use of models, re-using stock footage constantly etc etc.

We all know why SPM was introduced, they knew the show was bottoming out so this was an attempt to wow viewers and pull them back but it didnt really work :/ i think SPM could of been something really cool but it just seemed like a bit of an overkill instead, maybe if the back end had of just popped up a bit and gave KITT a huge boost of straight line speed if he needed to blast through the desert or something.

Some of the episodes were pretty good though ! Burial ground, Killer KITT and The Scent Of Roses spring to mind.

Im not sure they could of done anyhing to keep the show going as it was, it was a blast while it was going but im sure theres only so many scenarios you can take a talking car into to fight the bad guys.
stue
stue

Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:30 am
it was my favourite nosecone the end lol
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:43 pm
I think the addition of new characters like RC3 wasn't a bad idea. Maybe some more supervillains like KARR and Goliath style would have helped.

HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:39 pm
Season 4 is my least favourite one as well even there was some great episodes. There really was no need for SPM and C-mode as KITT was just fine as it was in previous 3 seasons.

MacGyver lasted much longer and was also sort of similar to Knight Rider, one handy guy making a difference in every situation imaginable so there still could've been stories to tell in Knight Rider as well, at least for one more season Smile
Knight Passions
Knight Passions
http://www.knightpassions.net

Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:57 pm
They created SPM to try to save the show, but without any luck.
I'm not a fan of the SPM version, but I do love the look of the convertible!....but was it really necessary to create it?...no.

João
KnaresboroughKnight
KnaresboroughKnight
http://www.chrisjonesaction.co.uk

Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:39 pm
When I was 7, season 4 rocked!!! Now I'm 34.... it's kinda 'meh'.
Knight Passions
Knight Passions
http://www.knightpassions.net

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:21 am
Time changes taste!  Laughing 
hoffman95
hoffman95

Sat May 17, 2014 4:06 pm
When I first watched it it was brilliant but years later no thanks.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum