Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
jimboknight

Hello from Kent Empty Hello from Kent

Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:28 am
Hi guys I did have an account on here years ago but I lost all my details and even the email address I used.

I'm James, I'm 32 from Kent.

Getting back into Knight Rider again after losing interest for a while.

At the moment I'm at the point in life where I'm ok job wise so I have decided that I'm going to go for it and build my own KITT replica. You will probably see me quite allot on here from now on.

Cannot wait to get chatting to you all and becoming active on the forum.

Very Happy
Magnums Moustache

Hello from Kent Empty Re: Hello from Kent

Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi, Jim. Welcome to the forum. There's a great bunch of enthusiasts here and a ton of good info.

If you have a car already, please enlighten us with pics and info, what season you plan on building etc...

Good to have you here, Matey.

Chris Very Happy
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:26 pm
Welcome mate ! or should i say welcome back ? lol

Scott
jimboknight

Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:30 am
Thanks guys.

Not got the car just yet that is my first task!!!

As for season I'm planning. I did originally want a season 3 but after seeing some really cool season 1/2 builds I'm now 50/50.
91ragtopTA
91ragtopTA

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:23 pm
hello James, and welcome to the forum. I'm not building a kitt replica myself, just a regular Trans Am Resto, but I find the whole replica thing fascinating so I'm hooked on this site.
Whats the score with all the different seasons? is there a guide somewhere that explains all the differences between season 1 2 3 and 4 cars??
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:25 pm
Quick rundown,

Season 1 - Front nose has the plexiglass cutouts so the turn signals are visible. The Dashboard was only half the size and actually is secured onto the cars existing dashpad. The voice modulator was a single red flashing square for most of season 1 then they switched to the 3 bargraph version toward the end. The TV frames on the hero car dash were the large square ones, but on the studio dash were the rectangular ones which then carried over into season 2 for the real cars and also the studio dash. The lower console had the space mat keypad, 4 lighted rocker switches and a row of 5 green and 5 red buttons. The upper console was huge and featured rocker switches and also a readout similar to the dash electronics and also a counter display

Season 2 - The front nose remained pretty much the same apart from the plexi cutouts were now just part of the nose as they never used the sidelights again on the cars. The dashboard became a full replacement one, removing the dashbpad all together, TV frames changed as previously mentioned. The lower console totally changed too from the season 1 version, as did the upper console to a more slimline version with totally different buttons.

Season 3 - Front nose remained the same again. Usually people will say a season 1/2 nose, or a season 3/4 nose, but its actually a season 1 nose, a season 2/3 nose, or a season 4 nose, lol The biggest change in season 3 was KITT's dash following his partial destruction in the first episode of the season. He changes from the 2 tv dashboard to a 1tv dashboard with all redesigned electronics, new switchpod buttons, new overhead electronics and a new lower console too which featured a light array, a floppy disc drive and also a cassette deck. the gullwing also had some green caps with lights added too.

Season 4, the interior remained the same, however the front nose was totally redone, the curves of the previous 3 seasons were gone and the new one was given straight sharper lines, the cutout parts were also gone giving it a more smooth look. Then 2 big additions in season 4 were Super Pursuit Mode and also Convertible mode
91ragtopTA
91ragtopTA

Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:56 pm
Thanks for taking time out to answer in such depth, no doubt there's more details but this answers a lot of questions for me, correct me if I'm wrong was convertible mode(which I now know to be S4 only) based on the 2 seater Autoform conversions? Have you ever clapped eyes on an ASC bodied 'vert replica? or would this be considered not screen accurate enough? and whats the hero car? you lost me a bit there. You guys should have a sticky thread explaining all the season differences with side by side pics, would make a fascinating read and be a great reference point for newbies learning the ropes like me.
Mark Rolfe
Mark Rolfe

Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:26 pm
Hi James, Where abouts are you in Kent?
Magnums Moustache

Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:59 pm
I used to live near you. I was first living in Woolwich and then moved to Plumstead. Was a long time ago now. ..I had hair back then and no belly.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum