Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Transferring episodes from VHS to DVD Empty Transferring episodes from VHS to DVD

Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:26 am
As some of the DVD episodes have missing sound effects and altered music, started transferring episodes with intact sfx and music from VHS tapes to computer and burning them to DVD. First one I did was Lost Knight which is one of my most favourite episode from 3rd season. It had missing sfx on 3rd Season DVD so did it first.
I've had this episode in two VHS tapes as one of them has even the preview segment before intro but cut scene later in the episode. Another episode was missing the preview but otherwise full version so edited & combined these two for one complete episode Smile
Originally recorded first one at December 22 2004 and another one without cuts June 30 2005.
Here's a sample freeze frame:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Transferring episodes from VHS to DVD Empty Re: Transferring episodes from VHS to DVD

Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:34 pm
How much music and sound effects were cut?

HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Transferring episodes from VHS to DVD Empty Re: Transferring episodes from VHS to DVD

Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:50 pm
In this particular episode most notably some driving scenes and car chase scenes were without sound effects and the scene where Doug is pressing KITT's "eject right" button and his bag flies to the sky is also without those beep etc. sounds.
Other episodes have altered music, for example the Prince song is changed for some generic "muzak" in the episode "White Line Warriors" for the second season DVD set. It doesn't actually bother me so much as the song is just playing in the background but missing sound effects are really obvious at least to me.
Have bought three sets of 3rd season DVD's and all of them have the same flaws, only the cases are different so they really haven't bothered much with region2 releases. Have read they fixed the sfx for US releases but as usual, haven't bothered with Euro versions.
J-Knight
J-Knight

Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:41 pm
I've just "aquired" Wink Bluray season 3 and Lost Knight has the sound effects back. I don't know what region etc it is though.
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:04 am
It's ridiculous the amount that is being charged for a full blu Ray set though on import. Evil or Very Mad
J-Knight
J-Knight

Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:04 pm
It is being released in the UK too mate, think it's still about £100 though. Just download them, it's not like they need the money to make new episodes or a movie lol.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum