Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

LED digital wristwatch Empty LED digital wristwatch

Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:09 pm
Received today a LED digital wristwatch which shows the time with red digital numbers just like KITT's dashboard Very Happy
I did bid this from auction site in my country for just 2,45€ + shipping = 6,39 Euro, it came from China.
Normally the watch screen is black but when you press any of the buttons, the red numbers appear showing time, date or seconds. James Bond had a digital watch with similar red glowing numbers Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
hoffman95
hoffman95

LED digital wristwatch Empty Re: LED digital wristwatch

Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:34 pm
Looks nice great find!
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:33 pm
I've got the exact same watch somewhere. Smile
hoffman95
hoffman95

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:20 pm
Is the watch good!
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:26 pm
The watch itself isn't bad. it keeps accurate time and stuff but when i bought it i thought the LED's were lit up permanently but you have to press the side button to get them to light then they only stay lit for 3 or 4 seconds.
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:31 am
I guess the glowing red LED's use so much power that the battery would die quickly if it was always on. Also, in very bright sunlight the numbers aren't very well visible but it's still cool watch I think Smile
For everyday use I have the black Casio digital watch, it's always on and have green LED light which stays few seconds so it's possible to check the time in the darkness too.

Have been looking one of those binary watches too with about 70 red LED's showing the time in binary mode. I don't understand the time from it but it looks cool, it's like one of the computerpanels from the Foundation semi Very Happy
hoffman95
hoffman95

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:39 pm
I have got a digital Casio watch it's great!Looks a little like the comlink Laughing I'ts this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:05 am
Looks nice Smile Black digital Casio's certainly do have some comlink look in them, also KITT's 2tv monitors from 2nd season comes to my mind from the octagonal shape.
hoffman95
hoffman95

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:26 pm
Never noticed the tv monitor shape until now Very Happy
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:51 pm
Here's the LED watch with 72 red leds, it isn't binary watch after all, it just has different way to show the time and date with those LED's Wink
Can you guess what the time is? Wink

When the button is pressed, it shows a little animation, kind of self test I think as it lights up all LED's before showing the time. It's usually off and shows the time or date when the button is pressed. It can be set to automatically show the time in every 15 minutes according to the instructions but when I went to those settings, there was LED which appeared to show more alternatives as to when to display the time, 10,15,20 and 30 minutes or the automatic mode can also be set off. It also has a 7 step adjust for brightness for the LEDs.
It costed 19,05€ with shipping from Hong Kong, a bit more than the last LED watch but this one has more LED's and functions.
hoffman95
hoffman95

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:39 pm
It would be cool if it had a scanner effect!
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Sun May 13, 2012 9:46 am
Two additions for my LED watch collection, completely black watch and white one which kind of look to me futuristic in 70's retro futuristic way, somehow brings Galactica to my mind, those white ships and red cylon scanner I guess Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum