Please log in to view the forum

View previous topicGo downView next topic

Robert Foster dies aged 72

on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:11 pm
Credits include "Knight Rider," "Kojak" and the John Frankenheimer film "Dead Bang."

Robert Foster, a writer, director and executive producer on the 1980s NBC action series Knight Rider, died May 30 from brain cancer at this home in Sherman Oaks. He was 72.Starting in the late 60s, Foster also wrote episodes for such shows as Run for Your Life, The Bold Ones, Kojak, The New Maverick, Kate McShane and Chicago Story. In 1988, he penned the telefilm Clinton and Nadine, starring Andy Garcia and Ellen Barkin.

The Los Angeles native also did the screenplay and produced Dead Bang (1989), the John Frankenheimer film that starred Don Johnson.

Foster, whose father, Wylie, was an accountant at Universal Studios, took his first job in the entertainment industry in the Universal mailroom.

Survivors include daughters Maralee Foster and Deanna Foster and grandchildren Robert and Tyler. Donations may be made in his honor to the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center in Farr West, Utah.
Knight Rider Archive

Re: Robert Foster dies aged 72

on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:50 pm
Really sad to see this news.

Foster was responsible for the show as most people remember it, and wrote many of the show's very best installments - Hearts of Stone, Short Notice, Goliath, Soul Survivor, Diamonds Aren't a Girl's Best Friend, Goliath Returns, Knight of the Drones, Knight of the Juggernaut - not to mention contributing to the scripts of countless others, uncredited.

I have great, great respect for Mr. Foster as a writer and for his contribution to Knight Rider, and intend to make a donation in his honour. I can't thank him enough for all the hours of entertainment his stories have given me through the years.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP.
Newcastle knight

on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:59 pm
Sad news indeed, RIP mate, and thanks for everything

on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:31 am
I only knew Robert Foster through emails but he was a very valuable and much appreciated addition to The Knight Rider Companion and I'm glad his thoughts on the series will live on through it. R.I.P. to Knight Rider's second father...your expanded vision carries on.

=VK=
knight2

on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:43 pm
Always a sad time to read when someone who has connections or colaborated with things that have meant a lot to you have passed.
I remember feeling the same way when Edward Mulhare had passed over.
Indeed the name Robert Foster for me will always be remembered for the Knight Rider legacy which he contributed too.

My thoughts are with his loved ones.

'Thanks Robert from making some part of my life, more entertaining'.

.......Kevin Very Happy
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum