Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
speedy

KR crew jacket on Ebay - a fake? Empty KR crew jacket on Ebay - a fake?

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:18 pm
Hi guys, so I put a bid in for this supposedly original crew jacket, the one with KITT's LED scanner on the back.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... :MEBIDX:IT

I have been told that it's a possible fake because of the difference in number of LED's and the alterered detailing in the picture.

The seller is adament that it is real and he/she also stated there were two versions of the jacket. I don't believe there was? I have also been told that there are reproductions of this jacket around.

To my understanding, there are 3 or 4 crew jackets. The one above, a red one, a one with the chess piece on the back and yet another with a big picture of David with a little KITT.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have done some research and have not come across any versions of the Ebay jacket with just four LED lights. The Race for Life logo was also bought into question but the seller explained that it has nothing to do with the season 2 episode, but David's charity instead, which I can sort of believe.

The person who originally raised doubts about this jacket has also said that they do not remember anything about Hasselhoff being affiliated with Indianapolis 500.

I only have just under two days left so any emergency help is appreciated!

Fake or real?
speedy

KR crew jacket on Ebay - a fake? Empty Re: KR crew jacket on Ebay - a fake?

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:26 am
The jacket is 100% fake! Steve Whiteside, the original prop keeper of the original show, confirmed it! The official jacket has 7 lights.

I have now demanded that my bid be retracted. Case closed! Wink
Knight Focus
Knight Focus

Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:59 pm
Page not responding now. Looks like it's been pulled.

Nicely avoided Sir!!

Mike
speedy

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:35 am
Thank you but the credit has to go to Nick Nugent who actually noticed the differences.

The seller sounds pretty decent, actually, and they agreed to retract my bid. They even told me of a jacket on Ebay with the 7 LED's but I have yet to find it!

I don't believe they knew what they were selling. There is somebody on youtube with the 4 led jacket, also, so there must be quite a few copies.
Knight Focus
Knight Focus

Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:39 pm
Nick knows his stuff!!

I always like to think that the majority of people are good and well meaning, and take them as that until they prove any different.

MIke

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:16 pm
Thanks for the vote of confidence Michael my friend! I've always admired and respected our relationship. It was a pleasure to help with this perplexing question and well and prevent another fan from getting conned by the perils of ebay fakery.

=VK=
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum