Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
corlando52

Voice Recognition....anyone have this one? Empty Voice Recognition....anyone have this one?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:58 pm
Guys,
I found this on ebay and was wondering if anyone has tried it? It's not Chris' (Project-KITT.de), and I can't get Chris' to work anyway. Just need opinions, here. I already have Raf's disk of KITT phrases, so I don't need that, just the VR software. I can get VR Commander to work, but it won't interface with outside objects, like opening the window, turning on the scanner, etc.
Here's the ebay link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks!

ChrisO
knighthawk
knighthawk
http://www.kitt-northwest.co.uk

Voice Recognition....anyone have this one? Empty Re: Voice Recognition....anyone have this one?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:05 pm
Hi,

I tried the Dragon but went back to VR Commander.

The way to interface it to the outside world is use something like VB6 to interface to an USB IO board and you can run exe from VR commander and control whatever you wish.,

That's how I do it.

Mike
corlando52

Voice Recognition....anyone have this one? Empty Re: Voice Recognition....anyone have this one?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:10 pm
Mike,
I have a feeling you are a programmer. I don't know what VB6 is. If you would be so kind, would you share the specifics of how you did it with me? Or, if you are selling a working software, please let me know.
Email me.

Thanks!

Chris
knighthawk
knighthawk

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:16 pm
Hi Chris,

I will see what I can sort out and give you a shout,

Electronics design is in full swing so I will get to it as soon as I can.

Mike
corlando52

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:54 pm
Thanks, Mike! I didn't know you were part of the KIRAD "team"! Rik is a good friend of mine and just informed me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!
Chris
knighthawk
knighthawk

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:20 pm
No problem,

Mike
Kitt

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:35 am
Yeah I've had more success with VR Commander than in have with Dragon naturally speaking.
Here's my latest demo, going to do a better one with the car when its back from the garage:

As Mike says, you can use exe files to execute relays and other cool things like launching games, programs and more, I've yet to experiment with the relays but I shouldn't think its all that difficult.

Stu
corlando52

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:34 pm
Thanks. I've seen the video, Stu...nice job! I'm hoping we can come up with a program to have VR Commander interface with those relay boards.

Chris
Kitt

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:14 pm
I would think you could have an executable relay.bat file that sends the on or off command to the relay via serial port command using the CMD terminal in windows.
Im thinking of getting relays to play with but im pretty sure that VR will do the job using the run file or script command.

Stu
corlando52

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:01 pm
I would need specifics as I'm not that good at writing code. I used Basic when PCs used DOS, but that's it. I'm hoping someone will share their completed project with me.

Chris
corlando52

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:20 pm
Mike,
Have you had any luck with the VR interface?

Chris Very Happy
knighthawk
knighthawk

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:39 pm
Hi Chris,

I haven't looked any more into that at the min, as electronics are in full swing and also painting the car.

I will have a look as soon as I can.

I haven't designed one yet, but I currently use one of the vellaman projects from Maplin, possibly Radio Shack over there.

It is a USB IO board with outputs, inputs and analogue to digital as well.

Mike
corlando52

Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:25 am
Mike,
Thanks! Let me know if you come up with anything. Please email me as I am not getting any notifications of replies from this board.
I'll PM you with my email address.
Thanks!
Chris
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum