Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

This is why KnightCon is so special Empty This is why KnightCon is so special

Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:55 pm
To whom it may concern,

I just wanted to say what a fantastic event Knightcon 2011 was last Saturday. It was the first time I had been despite living just 13 miles from it`s previous home!!! I never even knew the event existed. I went along with my little boy, Alex who is in a wheelchair and registered blind and we both had the day of lives!! All of the people who were at the event in costume were just absolutely fantastic, sticking it out all day in that heat, real troopers and everyone was so nice and amazingly accommodating to us, and indeed to everyone else I saw them interacting with. We were lucky enough to meet the Hoff himself as we had a VIP luncheon ticket and he couldn`t have been nicer, exceeding all expectations when he stopped to talk to Alex and allowed me to take a superb picture of them together, what a genuine star he was.

To the gentleman who organised the whole thing, congratulations! For me it was an absolute triumph, to put on such an event, for free, is truly remarkable. I have been involved in event organisation myself in the past, nothing on such a grand scale I might add, but I have nothing but admiration for what you achieved. I sincerely hope there will be a Knightcon 2012 and look forward to attending again!!

Many many thanks again for providing us with such a truly memorable day.

Kind regards,

Julian and Alex.
Tony Westwood
Tony Westwood

This is why KnightCon is so special Empty Re: This is why KnightCon is so special

Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:01 pm
Here here cheers

or should that be "Hear hear"??? scratch

"DITTO" anyway lol!

Last edited by Tony Westwood on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

This is why KnightCon is so special Empty Re: This is why KnightCon is so special

Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:02 pm
You can definitley hold your head up high with such a wonderful email as that mate, things like that make it worth while for sure. I remember seeing david talking to a lad in a wheelchair when we were upstairs so im guessing that was Alex.

i let a disabled girl sit in my car for a photo not long after parking him outside the main entrance, i even said to her dad the inside isnt done yet but neither of them cared, she was over the moon, and made me feel great i had made somebodys day and justifies having one of these stupid gas guzzling unreliable cars Very Happy
stue
stue

Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:25 am
well that says it all really.i think all of us should sometimes think back to when we were kids dreaming of driving kitt,i mean this is the reason we all do this because it was our dream.and yes i know it sounds corny but knightcon 2011 made a difference to that father and son.so there you go steve and rob well done Smile
knighthawk
knighthawk
http://www.kitt-northwest.co.uk

Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:03 am
That's fantastic.

I must admit, while walking around on Saturday I noticed the faces on kids and adults alike, when they looked at the cars and dashes etc.

It was if they couldn't believe that KITT could really exist, as if it was still a TV prop if you like.

It was amazing.

Mike

Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:26 am
The whole weekend was over so damned fast.......This itself speaks volumes to me.

Mike has made a valid point there, every face you looked at was in awe and most of them had grins from ear to ear.

In my opinion....The venue was spot on....The old venue was great but lets face it....Knightcon had outgrown it and needed relocating so well done to Steve and Rob on the new venue.

Emails like this one really prove that all the blood sweat and tears that goes into organising it are worth the 12 month flogging that Steve, Rob and co go through.

Keep it up guys.
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:45 am
That truly is a fantastic email guys. Making "several" peoples day is a great achievement

You should definately try to contact them and get hold of the pics for our Knightcon Pics Page.

Peter
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum