Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

What monitors fit the pilot TV frames?  Empty What monitors fit the pilot TV frames?

Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:32 pm
As the title suggests, what monitors best fit the pilot frames?

I'm looking for resonabley priced items if there is such a thing.

Any help appreciated

Peter

Last edited by pbryant_knight on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
kitt23

What monitors fit the pilot TV frames?  Empty Re: What monitors fit the pilot TV frames?

Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:40 pm
Peter are they crt or lcd frames
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

What monitors fit the pilot TV frames?  Empty Re: What monitors fit the pilot TV frames?

Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:12 pm
They are crt so I'm looking for either cheapish crt or tft/lcd screens that aren't the widescreen type so they'll fit.

Peter
kitt23

Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:55 pm
eh crt hard to get. Scott Dunbar knows the model
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:27 pm
Yeah, I'm probably not going to be able to get (or afford) CRT monitors so am looking for TFT LCD equivalents.

The LED ones I have now are 5" but with them being a widescreen monitor there is visible gaps at the top and bottom with the pilot frames.

Peter
kitt23

Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:00 pm
yeah you gotta use specific monitor lcd frames. crt frames won't work with lcd. my friends making pilot frames for lcd screens. they will look like krws but more authentic
Black T Top

Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:13 pm
As Rich said above, CRT's all the way......deffo speak to Scott, think he's got some spare crt's and the ones he got were the same as the ones used in the TV car, so you can't get any more accurate. They look great even turned off, have that greyish/milky colour.
kitt23

Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:19 pm
only thing is its very hard to find replacement crts and the crt Scott has arrived only black and white. also much much heavier for dash and more bulkier
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:08 pm
Yeah, CRT's are nice but have a limited shelf life. Ideally i'd like something functional that i can put in and leave there without worrying they will go off.

Peter
kitt23

Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:22 pm
best thing to do is buy krw lcds and tv frames. not accurate frames. unless you want to wait for scotts I can let you know when they are available
saltire knight
saltire knight

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:00 am
hey peter,

if you need any help with crts let me know,as you guys all know there are pros,cons to crts, however look real nice when done right.

not many correct 5" tvs out there now and hard to find i ditched the electronics of the screen used tvs and fitted newer stuff with av inputs which takes up less room and much lighter crts are identical to screen used keeping exact look of pilot car and fact they are b&w don't really bother me as its what the screen used car had

on the left is the screen used tvs with no av input. as you can see its boards and crts are alot larger than the new stuff with av on the right Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
much more compact and lighter Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
as you can see look identical to the screen used car
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:30 am
Look awesome when turned off but I really want colour for mine.

I'm gonna go for a mix and match approach for now and modify the screens I have to fit the frames until I find something more suitable.

Peter.
kitt23

Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:54 pm
oh you suck, i really like that look but imma do lcds
saltire knight
saltire knight

Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:24 pm
lol most folk go lcd now,far easier tbh
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum