Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
knight2
knight2

Vendours efforts in regards to 'screen used cars and Stage dash' accuracy and other associated queries. Empty Vendours efforts in regards to 'screen used cars and Stage dash' accuracy and other associated queries.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Steve

I was informed by John Nelson,that this car at Keswick (not convertible) was used in the pilot episode of Knight rider.
I was also asked if i would like to sit in it as i was a huge fan of the show (something as you know they would'nt let the public do normally, even take pictures) but my friend was, but just of this car ONLY.I was told 'if anyone asks say you're from the press'.
I was extremely humbled and on 'cloud nine' for two weeks afterwards.
I was determined to have my own K.I.T.T. after this.
The scanner ,the first time i visited the museum, was made with lightbulbs.Lightbulbs like you use in a house!!
I kidd you not.
I was also invited once or twice to go over there and put a different scanner in for them.The distance alone made this very unlikely ,sadly for me.
I had my car at this time of the second visit and told them of the other makers out there that were more realistic.It spoilt their car.

I also noted the blackout was sitting extremely flush,so much so that the car did'nt appear to have ANY rear lights.or window wipers either,as a manual drive and had windup windows.Also the dash had soild parts in place of LED's that i thought spoilt my imagining of it before seeing it up close and personal.
Having said that, William Daniels voice tape and what he was saying and the general look of it still amazed me and i was totally enthralled by what i witnessed.
I don't profess to know it all about this show or the cars,and obviously knowhere near as much as you have had the opportunity.
What i was told about it not being an 'origional' was someone here on one of these Knight rider forums.I was disappointed if this was so.I don't know for sure.
I was quite content knowing my person had sat inside and actual screen used car that others from the show probably had too.
I don't know how much this Keswick car sold for either.I bet you probably do.
I also was not informed about Jack Gills modifications, other than what i noticed as mentioned before.
I have seen on the net the origional car Mark Scrivani upgraded with his glossy dash from the poor quality origional items.It showed the wire lever used to push up the hatch and also brake line lock to activate one set of brakes at a time to do those turns.
I only know about the wrecking ball incident from Mark Scrivani and Ian Marron (who had the pictures).

I would still appreciate your thoughts on what you have seen.

....................Kevin

Last edited by knight2 on Sun May 13, 2012 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total

Vendours efforts in regards to 'screen used cars and Stage dash' accuracy and other associated queries. Empty Re: Vendours efforts in regards to 'screen used cars and Stage dash' accuracy and other associated queries.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:07 pm
are we talking also about screen accurate replica's as well
knight2
knight2

Vendours efforts in regards to 'screen used cars and Stage dash' accuracy and other associated queries. Empty Re: Vendours efforts in regards to 'screen used cars and Stage dash' accuracy and other associated queries.

Sat May 12, 2012 8:10 pm
Anything and everything:)

Sat May 12, 2012 8:17 pm
whats everybodys perception of a screen accurate kitt
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Sat May 12, 2012 9:32 pm
simonb33 wrote:whats everybodys perception of a screen accurate kitt

Hero car, and stage dash.

Sat May 12, 2012 9:39 pm
yeah i have to agree lol
Kitt

Sat May 12, 2012 10:15 pm
They didn't have the technology back then that we have now, I would imagine sitting in an original car and picking fault with it compared to todays standards the cars of today function well over the original ones, if you didnt know or see any of todays stuff though the wow factor would be there like it was when you were a kid.

Stu

Sat May 12, 2012 10:23 pm
yeah well said stu stage dash didnt look bad though i have seen pics of original electronics wow there was some work went into them
Mark Rolfe
Mark Rolfe

Sat May 12, 2012 11:32 pm
I'd like to watch an episode that features the same dash all the way through the episode... Then i'd consider building that dash... Lol...

My new dash is from season 5 of the original knightrider
warlord
warlord

Sun May 13, 2012 12:23 am
So this wrecking ball thing, after the show they lined up all the cars and smashed them up? really?? why not just scrap them in the normal way?

I admit i know nothing about the behind the scenes appart from what can be figured out by watching the episodes, so sorry if that was a silly question.

i'm sure i saw a pic once of a kitt that had to be plugged into the mains, was that a show car? or just someones replica?

Sun May 13, 2012 8:42 am
Mark do you mean season 4 as there was no season 5 of the original series I also have gone for a 3/4 dash
Mark Rolfe
Mark Rolfe

Sun May 13, 2012 9:57 am
Simon def season 5... I'll explain all tonight

Sun May 13, 2012 10:13 am
Ahh I'm with ya your interpretation of what season 5 kitt would of been like I'm intrigued now lol
knight2
knight2

Sun May 13, 2012 11:14 am
warlord wrote:So this wrecking ball thing, after the show they lined up all the cars and smashed them up? really?? why not just scrap them in the normal way?

I admit i know nothing about the behind the scenes appart from what can be figured out by watching the episodes, so sorry if that was a silly question.

i'm sure i saw a pic once of a kitt that had to be plugged into the mains, was that a show car? or just someones replica?

It was to do with a contract Pontiac made with Universal studios.
As some of the cars were from a train derailment (which slightly damaged some cars ,so they could'nt be offered as new anymore).
The agreed to let Universal have the ones deemed 'serviceable' but under the strict guidelines they were NEVER to be sold on after use.
The day they did this was kept quiet too.Most found out on their return to work on the Monday.
Some bits that did'nt get destroyed were salvaged ,and this is how some collectors have original parts from the cars.Ian Marron had 4th season templates,an original scanner and also the hydraulics booster for the brake flaps on the SPM car.
I've seen the templates as well as the wrecking ball pictures from one of the earlier Knight rider meets at Billing around 2001.
The cars were used in 'Knight rider' mainly but also 'The Fall Guy' (another Glen A Larson show).

I would've paid something to see the original used cars up close and personal.Especially the SPM one(which does'nt find favour with some i know).

Sad but true....................Kevin
Mark Rolfe
Mark Rolfe

Sun May 13, 2012 4:13 pm
ok so as we're on the subject.... season 5 is still running today in everything we do as a forum within the realm of Knightrider... just because Universal cancelled KITT... We didn't... and as such kept the one man can make a difference dream alive...

Now accurate replica... does any-one on here have an exact replica?

the answer is no as their KITT would not be road legal due to none of the instruments working.

so no i wouldn't want an exact replica as i love the feeling i get while driving KITT around...

My Season 5 KITT is going to be something different more of an upgrade, something of how i think KITT would look like in 2012...

30 years on so to speak....

Sun May 13, 2012 4:20 pm
sounds very interesting mark would love to see your progress
Mark Rolfe
Mark Rolfe

Sun May 13, 2012 4:32 pm
i've thrown the ideas at a few people... IE Tony Westwood & Mike Scheffe at the last Knightcon... Mike said it sounded very cool, interesting & unique at the same time. Tony said awww No..... But he'll be helping me so he'll see it as it progresses.

I went with my gut feeling that it will look cool, interesting & unique because Mike said so... lol

I know my ideas havent been done yet so i really am bringing KITT into the Future

Sun May 13, 2012 4:41 pm
very cool mark
knight2
knight2

Sun May 13, 2012 6:14 pm
This should be interesting.

Indeed it would've been great to see IF they had of made 5 seasons of KR, if they would've upgraded K.T.T.T.s dash too.

You have my attention.................Kevin

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum