Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KnightCon 2011 car attendees

+17
rattyzx6r
elvis
Knight Passions
silvia
gpullan
knight2
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS
thanutz
Knight2339
knighthawk
sarahmichael
topcat07
Dave Stapley
Tony Westwood
pbryant_knight
Newcastle knight
Kitt
21 posters
Go down

KITT car attendees

15 - 58%
11 - 42%

Total Votes: 26

KnightCon 2011 car attendees Empty KnightCon 2011 car attendees

Sun May 22, 2011 8:54 am
KnightCon 2011 is at a different venue this year, but again will be in September, this year we have to confirm cars with the venue so can you let us know

thanks for the support
Kitt

KnightCon 2011 car attendees Empty Re: KnightCon 2011 car attendees

Sun May 22, 2011 11:44 am
coming in the car even if it kills me Laughing
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Sun May 22, 2011 12:20 pm
I think i could have the bodywork done and painted by then but not the windscreen and pillars done, i dont wanna rush him and have to redo it again next year though so im gonna say no to my KITT being there this year Sad although i should be there myself !
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Sun May 22, 2011 5:48 pm
I too will hopefully be there, but obviously not in KITT since i sold him Sad
Tony Westwood
Tony Westwood

Mon May 23, 2011 11:10 pm
I'll be there in KITT.

He'll probably still have the key scratches down both sides (as I still haven't got any money to sort the paint out yet), but we'll definetly be there unless Karen has only just had her Hysterectomy Operation by then.

Tony
Dave Stapley
Dave Stapley
http://www.soundclick.com/thegonzohouse

Tue May 24, 2011 11:11 am
I will be there Very Happy
topcat07
topcat07

Tue May 24, 2011 2:10 pm

I'll DEFO be there, but no KITT for me yet Sad , still needs to much done to get it though the MOT.

sarahmichael

Tue May 24, 2011 8:19 pm
I`ll be there with the family again. I had a great time last year, wish I could come with my KITT but unfortunately I don`t have one! Will it still be in Halifax?
knighthawk
knighthawk
http://www.kitt-northwest.co.uk

Tue May 24, 2011 8:32 pm
All willing I will be there in mine, possibly not finished but on the way.

Mike

Wed May 25, 2011 9:00 am
Tony will Mark be there? and his friend with the General LEE
Tony Westwood
Tony Westwood

Wed May 25, 2011 6:58 pm
Hi Steve, yeah Mark says he's definetly going, but I have no idea about Keith (guy with General Lee).
Knight2339
Knight2339
http://www.kitthire.co.uk

Fri May 27, 2011 11:40 pm
I'll be there, where is there?
thanutz
thanutz

Sat May 28, 2011 10:28 pm
Do we have a date?
Kitt

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:31 pm
See the main sticky post Anil, and anyone who knows of a replica that is not yet on the forums or has sold on their kitt direct them to here, the more the merrier!

Stu
Tony Westwood
Tony Westwood

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:14 pm
Yeah, I've got to say that I really admire Steve & Rob for going ahead with KC this year after all the crap that they went through last time, and not only going ahead with it but making it bigger and better yet again Shocked

BUT, without sounding like I'm preaching, I want to say just remember guys..........

KNIGHTCON NEEDS YOU!!!!!

It's up to us to support Steve & Rob ANY WAY WE CAN (even if it's just buying a few extra strips of raffle tickets) to ensure that KC continues and grows.....

If you've got a replica and it's drivable... GET IT THERE. it doesn't matter if it's a "Show Car" or a "Clunker", finished or not, they need numbers guys especially this year with the bigger venue.

If you've got a half hour to spare on the day, ask Steve or Rob if they need anything doing. It doesn't matter how small the task, they will appreciate your help.

..and if you are still there on the Sunday morning, don't forget to help with the dismantling etc, it makes a BIG difference.

Support is everything, so come on guys, let's make this years event the biggest and best ever. cheers

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:25 pm
Tony from my heart i thank you for that, we have a lot planned on the wow factor for you all this year and its gonna be fantastic, its a post like that and I can speak for Rob on this makes it all worth while

see you all in September and lets all make this the best event ever seen on the planet, the VIP party last year i cannot get out of my head how amazing that was and how smart we all looked

this event is for all of us and the best is yet to come:)
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS
http://halloweenknights.weebly.com/

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:41 pm
[quote="Tony Westwood"]

BUT, without sounding like I'm preaching, I want to say just remember guys..........

KNIGHTCON NEEDS YOU!!!!!

Just the guys??

have fun
Kitt

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:53 pm
I think your taking what Tony wrote out of context Rach, I would think this day in age guys tends to mean both men and women, there is no discrimination here EVERYONE is welcome.
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:00 pm
I know I was joking Razz cause i know every one is welcome you fell for it he he

though seriously i wont be going

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:06 pm
its a shame as it was nice to meet you last year, hope to see you again
Tony Westwood
Tony Westwood

Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:09 am
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS wrote:I know I was joking Razz cause i know every one is welcome you fell for it he he

though seriously i wont be going

Hi Honey, yeah, you caught me over simplifying things as usual Razz , but yes I consider you (and other female close friends) as "one of the guys" (in other words "good and close friends") it's a good job you now know me well enough to know I meant no offence Embarassed Laughing

It'll be a real shame if you don't go Rach, it was really nice to meet you last year, and I was looking forward to the possibility of another KITT Vs KARR head to head style meeting on the way there again (that was so funny last year Laughing )

Steve, you are welcome my friend.
The only thing that would keep me and KITT away is if Karen's Op is too close to KC and she's not able to travel by then, but I've already warned her that if the Hospital doesn't get her in soon I may just grab a scalpel from my model making gear and have a bash at it myself Laughing

Do you know of any good books on DIY surgery??? study scratch lol!

HALLOWEENKNIGHTS
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:34 am
why she having a h? Tony ( if she can tell me in pm )

( I had Hysterectomy due to my cancer ) if she needs any info of what happens after and such tell her to pm me . as i been through it.

Yes I know we cant have the stand off kitt v karr a few reasons why i cant go

Don.t get me wrong I had a gr8 time last year. but i am small fry on this forum as dont get to join in and be known by all

as dont get must time recently to join in discussions
and some didnt even know i had a kitt at knightcon let alone know who i was

and Steve, Rob, Marina Karen Tony ( only names I can remember)were gr8 to meet and spend time with , but most came in twos and so i was on my own breakfast etc i cant find any one to go with me as 5 hrs in a car is boring ,

1. but but my business is running on half funds I myself over the last 2 months have forfeited my wages to the yard to keep it a float and looks like i will have to do the same over the next two months we have been 4 short for many months so i have no money .
2. several large 4 figure bills to pay

3. a very large factor last years Knightcon was on 25th sept the weekend after we came back from hol and the last weekend Blacks on the rd

this year theoretically it would be 24th Sept again its the week after we come back and the last weekend i can drive but its 2 weeks after we come back thus BLack is off the rd on 30th Sept so there is no way i can drive with no road tax i i am not buying another 6 months to have him sitting in garage . so any time Knight con is into oct i cant go sorry

Sad
knight2
knight2

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:18 am
I can't imagine 5 hours driving in a car with you Rach is boring:)
You're lucky i hav'nt been able to attend one show yet!

Some don't understand others situations in being able to get too or even GO to these events which are usally well out of the way from where i reside.
It does'nt help.

I'm considered a 'non supporter', by some because i don't attend.That's a bit unfair.
I've been a huge fan of the show since it first aired in 1982.I still have my car, which i've had from June 1992.
Things to do with this show and events have improved dramatically since i got into the scene.There's a lot more interest and far more replica's than when i bought my ride in the UK now.
I've never lost interest but as you get older , other things and unexpected situations take precidence.
I always had a great time meeting up with like minded guys ( and gals) at shows and i particularly enjoyed meeting Rach and the 'origional members' from KOE a few years back.
Always something to talk and laugh about.Seeing the stages our cars had got to (or not).
i remember the show at Billing where the guy who worked on season 4 had really sad pictures of the wrecking ball destroying all (or most) of the K.I.T.T. cars used on the show ,in a backlot at Universal studios on a quiet Sunday afternoon , when not many were around.
To say they were shocking was an understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If only i had taken pictures of those (which obviously would 'nt have been allowed).
Ian Marron was the guy who had them.
I know he suffered from M.S or something like that.
I don't even know if he's still around?
Hopefully my car will be roadworthy again this year( after 5 years/three months).I don't think in time for Knightcon,who knows?

.......................Kev

Last edited by knight2 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony Westwood
Tony Westwood

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:52 pm
Hi Rach, I'll PM you about Karen, and yes if I'd got your set of circumstances working against me I'd probably feel the same. Maybe next year will be better and KC earlier in the year.

Hey Kev, with all the major roadworks on the M1 and A1 during the KC weekend last year it took me about 8hrs to get there, and that was REALLY boring until we pulled into a service station carpark near the top of the A1 and came face to face with another KITT coming straight at me (Rach) Laughing

I've got my fingers crossed for your KITT being at KC2011, but even if it's not possible to get KITT there, still try to get there yourself mate, life's too short to miss out on things you want to do unless there is absolutely no choice. Wink

Kitt

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:07 pm
Just remember though if you really cant make it in kitt you can always see if friends want a day out and share a car and pop down, even talking at the show about your progress on your replica its all good.
Kevin, I wouldn't say your a non supporter, you contribute a lot to the forum with help and support, It would be great to put a name to a face though Smile

Stu
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum