Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knight Rider Vs Superman

+2
Newcastle knight
stepheneire25
6 posters
Go down
stepheneire25
stepheneire25

Knight Rider Vs Superman Empty Knight Rider Vs Superman

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:35 pm
Hi guys
enjoying my day off work today and decided to catch up on my KR box set
i was watching season one "not a drop to drink" and was amazed to discover
the scene near the end where KITT fires his rockets to cause a landslide and stops the water from flooding the range.
It was taken from the first Superman movie affraid !!!!!
In the film there is an earthquake and the hoover dam bursts and Superman causes a landslide to stop the water!
They are the exact same scenes!
I probably havn't seen that episode since i was a kid
so it might be old news to most of you.

I remember seeing the post here before about KARR being destroyed when he drives off the cliff and how its actually a scene from the film The car

Are there any other films where scenes were cut and added to Knight rider???

Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Knight Rider Vs Superman Empty Re: Knight Rider Vs Superman

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:51 pm
I think there were a few instances of that with reused footage during the series but that one from superman did stand out.

The only other one that springs to mind is actually from an episode of the A-team where murdoch lands a plane and it crashes through into the terminal, and that scene is taken from the spoof film 'Airplane'

So it wasnt just Knight Rider !

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:21 pm
I think that universal made quite a habit of raiding there film archive for footage for their series. I remember watching an old episode of Quincy that had some of the KR pilot Vegas footage in it (girl band in pink). Some of that minefield footage from deadly maneuvers is decidedly dodgy too lol...

Btw, slightly off topic, I've just finished wading through the six million dollar man box set and universal recycle footage and sound effects all the time there.

And don't mention the sound of dobies phone from starsky and hutch, that is as notorious in universal series as the 'Wilhelm scream' in Lucas films!

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:21 pm
Don't forget that KR was also quite adept in recycling footage from other episodes and not just stunts and establishing driving scenes etc.

Watching 'knight in shining armor from season 2 as I type and the moment that Michael ejects up onto the balcony in the jacket with the elbow pads is recycled from an earlier episode.
knight5695
knight5695

Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:34 pm
if you watch dead of knight season 3 the airport scene is from the pilot episode what do think

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:59 pm
Yes it is, bit of a strange one that..the break out of jail scene from the pilot is reused in another episode too...

Sorry that this is going slightly off topic, another interesting thing I notice is the reuse of engine sounds, even kitt engine sounds are used for other vehicles if you listen out for them.
geordiesharp

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:27 am
Along the same lines.... I've just invented a new party game Smile

I'm currently watching AutoMan on a website

(for those of you who don't know, it was another Glen Larson tv show, about a cop who invents a 3D hologram called AutoMan, and together they fight crime)

Anyway the game is, spot the actor who will later appear in KNIGHT RIDER and try to remember the episode, there was only a dozen or so episodes of AutoMan, however so far I'm on episode 4 and I've spoted at least 7 actors who appeared in KNIGHT RIDER, plus some exterior shots of the Foundation building, a whole lot of songs used in KNIGHT RIDER, the white computer thingy that comes down from the Semi's ceiling, is hanging in the office where the lead character works,
PLUS the Pièce de résistance KITT himself can be seen in the background of one episode Smile

All I can say is well done Glen Larson, although it is very old and slightly dated, AutoMan is another one of his amazing creations, unfortunately it did not run as long as it could have, but I'm having fun remembering KNIGHT RIDER faces, and it's amazing how much of AutoMan I remember seen as I must have been 5 when I last watched it Smile
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:15 am
I think i watched Automan once, was a bit weird, if you watch any 80's action show like Airwolf, the A-team etc chances are you will spot someone that was in Knight Rider at some point as they all went round the different shows back then.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:01 pm
Well done geordiesharp with auto man, I'll check them out as I haven't watched them in ages. You also see the semi in an episode of street hawk, its parked up as you see Jesse Mach race off across a green. Not hard to find as there are only a few episodes of that too.

We watch loads of old 70's and 80's u.s. series and play the same game as you, we seem to be permanently flicking through IMDB following the white rabbit lol...

It seems that all of those contracted 'universal players' did the rounds of any show that was in production at that moment in time. If you watch six mill and bionic woman together you sometimes see actors appear as different characters one week apart from the other, basically where an actor was on the lot they would get used on both shows...until of course bionic woman changed studio.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:29 pm
Re: Automan Semi Prop...you mean this one? Just found it and took a screengrab. (taken from Episode 2 Staying Alive...)

Wow! Never noticed it before, well spotted mate.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:51 pm
Just remembered, back on topic, the closing shot of k.a.r.r. going over the cliff in Trust Doesn't Rust is taken from an old James Brolin film called 'the car', a film about a mysterious demonic car that terrorizes a small town.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mark Rolfe
Mark Rolfe

Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:46 pm
Check out this previous post on KRUK

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Knight Rider Archive
Knight Rider Archive

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:55 pm
stevewilde73 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]