Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Gran Turismo 5 Empty Gran Turismo 5

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:52 pm
The game finally was released last Wednesday, thought I'd start a new thread for it instead of replying to the GT5 Prologue topic.
The only 3rd gen F-body in the game is '88 Camaro Iroc-Z concept which has Ferrari F40 style rear wing and clear headlight covers. It's a "Standard" car so no interior has been modelled and exterior isn't as detailed either as in the "Premium" cars.
I love how the Camaro behaves when TCS (Traction Control) is off, really fun to drift Very Happy Kept the ABS in level 1 as without it cars tend to lock the rear brakes and control is then lost.
Here's few pics I took about the Camaro with the games Photographing mode:
Camaro at Laguna Seca Raceway:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It seems when smoke effects are added, there's some graphical issues between the car and the smoke effect, also the shadows flicker in some situtations so unfortunately this game isn't perfect unless some future update will take care of them. There's already been two updates, installed the first one but haven't done yet the second update.

Here's a pic from Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes):

The game allows custom soundtrack so I uploaded some 80's music in mp3 to ps3 hard drive & it was fun to have a long drive in this track listening songs which played in Knight Rider Smile Would've been really cool if they modelled '82 Trans-Am even as a standard car like this Camaro and watch replays listening for example Laura Branigan's Self Control, something like the following 2 pics Very Happy
topcat07
topcat07

Gran Turismo 5 Empty Re: Gran Turismo 5

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:38 pm

I only got the game yesterday, Haven't been on it much.

But the bits I've played on, it looks / feels great.

elvis
elvis

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:07 pm
i being told not to buy i as getting it for xmas so cant wait. saves me money lol
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:26 pm
Yeah i got it last week as i was informed you could get 3rd gen Firebirds in it, so im gutted to find out the only 3rd gen you can get is a Camaro, theres not a single Firebird in the game at all, but you can buy a Pontiac Vibe.......WTF !

Aside from that its pretty good, i havnt played on it much since getting it but ive been around the Top Gear track which was nice, lol
elvis
elvis

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:37 pm
cant you download different cars from the playstation store
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:11 am
elvis wrote:cant you download different cars from the playstation store

At the moment the ones who purchased the Collector's or Signature Edition of the game has gotten a download code for few additional cars but there's no Pontiacs included. No other cars or tracks have available for now. The two updates available seem to improve online playing and perhaps some bugfixes too.
Hopefully later we could get downloadable cars, tracks, photo locations, etc. before GT6 arrives Very Happy

I've got the Standard Edition and there's still over 1.000 cars altough many of them are Skylines and MX-5's but still a lot of interesting cars. Only thing in the used cars section the selection is quite narrow, rarely there are any other cars than variations of MX-5 and Skyline, Celica.
Have been waiting to get '93 Mazda 323F/Lantis but the few times it was available so far I didn't have enough money so this way some interesting cars can slip through your fingers and you must wait who knows how long for it to appear again. The music in the used cars section becomes annoying quite soon, good thing it changes if you take some car to demo drive.
I like that there's the engine start sound when you decide to use any of the cars in the garage or the one you just purchased.
Looks like all used cars must be taken to oil change, otherwise the oil pressure warning light is illuminating when driving the car and it may affect to horsepower.

The oil change happens in the "GT Auto" and there are other things to do as well, for instance changing the car's colour. This is something I'd like to see changed as now you can only paint your car to the colour you have collected when buying cars and there's no good preview how the colour look like in the car, only small box representing the colour which is pretty useless if you want certain tone of a colour. I think in real car paint shop you can choose whatever colour you want for the car so I don't know why the colour choice has been limited like this.

Tried the Top Gear track too, managed to pass the VW Samba bus race but haven't managed to get high enough position in the next challenge, the car's rear end is too slippery Razz
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:13 pm
Went today to check news about Gran Turismo at GTPlanet and what did I see Shocked
"GTPlanet Weekly Rewind: A Shadowy Flight"

A Shadowy Flight, how familiar phrase. Started reading the article... wait, they indeed talk about Knight Rider! Very Happy

Man I wish the game would get at least proper 3rd gen Camaro, preferrably of course 3rd gen Pontiac Firebird as DLC but as it's already 2 years old game I doubt it happens. Hopefully in GT6.

HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:39 pm
Hopefully Pontiac Trans-Am would be in the upcoming GT6.
Took a video about this Camaro driven in Knight Rider style. Sorry about the bad quality.
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:41 pm
There's second generation Pontiac Trans-Am in GT6, hopefully the 3rd gen would be added as dlc.
Bought today the GT6, yes the official release date is December 6 but it is the Independence day here in Finland so we got the game day earlier Smile Looking good, nice new tracks & cars, even the old "Standard" cars look much nicer in GT6. There' already 1,2Gb update for the game.
I'm still so poor in the game I can't afford for the Trans-Am, had to start with 2010 Honda Fit (Jazz) Razz
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:01 pm
Now have played it far enough to afford the Trans-Am and unlocked the Photo Tour mode + online, etc. Decided to get the T/A in gold but gotta get a black one too for Smokey & Bandit style Wink

Really enjoying this game Smile
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:26 pm
Made a quick Knight Rider inspired video with Gran Turismo 6 and created even self made Knight Rider music in the background using Codemasters old Music2000 software Very Happy Willow Springs track has pretty nice Knight Rider kind of locations Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum