Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
peter

UKs property market. Empty UKs property market.

Tue May 04, 2010 4:06 pm
Well I live in Sweden and for some time now a channel here has shown british tvshows like property ladder and escape to the country.

Well on the first one property ladder people with very little knowledge off houses has renovated them and then sold them with an enormus profit.
There was for instance one episode were the person quit his job as a dentist to to this for a living and as far as I know dentist are really well paid.
And the other things I see is people taking loans and morgages up over there ears. unfortunatly I don´t know which year this was filmed. But how did the finacial crisis in oktober 2008 effect it all were there allot of people that had to leave there homes and are in debt for life?
Are they still filming these shows or were they cancelled after okt 2008?

Any how has any info or comments?
There has to be allot of people out there being screwed by builders not doing what they were hired to do.

For one thing a profit like a 100000 pound is allmost impossible to get in Sweden these days (if you ever could)

Peter
Knight_Watchman
Knight_Watchman

UKs property market. Empty Re: UKs property market.

Wed May 05, 2010 6:33 am
What's you're opinion about life/living in Sweden Peter ? I may well be asked to move there soon but all I've heard about the place is that there's nothing to do, you need a seperate mortgage to buy a round of beer and it's cold. I'm told they have a good quality of life but without decent football, beer and the fact that taxes are amoungst the highest in Europe I wonder what we are going to be able to afford to do ?

PS - Sorry for the thread hijack. Perhaps I should have written this in a new thread. Cool
peter

Wed May 05, 2010 8:05 am
Knight_Watchman wrote:What's you're opinion about life/living in Sweden Peter ? I may well be asked to move there soon but all I've heard about the place is that there's nothing to do, you need a seperate mortgage to buy a round of beer and it's cold. I'm told they have a good quality of life but without decent football, beer and the fact that taxes are amoungst the highest in Europe I wonder what we are going to be able to afford to do ?

PS - Sorry for the thread hijack. Perhaps I should have written this in a new thread. Cool

Well it all depends on were in sweden you plan to live in the north? In the south?
Are you planning on living in a village in the country or a city?

The fall/winter time is dark rainy and cold it gets light outside about 8am and dark about 4pm. even worse up north.

The spring/summer time light about 5am and about to 11pm at midsummers eve. The summer if its great warm wheater you don´t need to go abroad if its bad it rains all summer.

You don´t have any specifics that you mention only in general terms.
The property market is allot cheaper than the UK exept for cities like stockholm and gothenbourg. There is allso a big rental market

All the best
Peter
Knight_Watchman
Knight_Watchman

Wed May 05, 2010 9:18 am
Cheers. Would be heading for Malmo/Lund area, the south. Probably wouldn't notice much climate change there.

At the moment I'll be turning down any offer to relocate there but I should probably spend a weekend in Malmo, just to have a little look at the place and see what happens.

If I was forced to live in the UK then I'd be there like a shot, no hesitation but I love Bavaria so if I can find a new job I'm going to try and stay here.
peter

Thu May 06, 2010 10:46 am
Knight_Watchman wrote:Cheers. Would be heading for Malmo/Lund area, the south. Probably wouldn't notice much climate change there.

At the moment I'll be turning down any offer to relocate there but I should probably spend a weekend in Malmo, just to have a little look at the place and see what happens.

If I was forced to live in the UK then I'd be there like a shot, no hesitation but I love Bavaria so if I can find a new job I'm going to try and stay here.

Well Malmö/Lund is in the south.
Lund is very much a student town like oxford in the UK
If you plan on vist it there is a big carneval hold every fourth year an it is this year 21-23 may.

If you plan on visting malmö there is a big festival the 20-27 august.
Other wise nice places to visit is the west harbour and you are very close to Copenhagen.

Bavaria is in Germany right??

Peter
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum