Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DavidB1973

Insurance Help Empty Insurance Help

Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:49 pm
I've just bought another Firebird, this one is up and running and on the road so now I need insurance, any recommendations?

I wanted to do an online compare but cam't find one, seems to be more call and qoute.
Magnums Moustache

Insurance Help Empty Re: Insurance Help

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:13 pm

Talk to A-Plan. They'll give you cover in record time but if you ever have a problem that you want looking at they'll ignore you. I cancelled a policy just this week because of their shitty customer service.

Chris.
DavidB1973

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:28 pm
Magnums Moustache wrote:
 Talk to A-Plan. They'll give you cover in record time but if you ever have a problem that you want looking at they'll ignore you. I cancelled a policy just this week because of their shitty customer service.

Chris.

AH.......got a quote for 225 fully comp with another company
Magnums Moustache

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:35 pm

A-Plan charged me way less than £200 for my GTA but if you're happy then I'm happy.

Chris.
DavidB1973

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:48 pm
Magnums Moustache wrote:

A-Plan charged me way less than  £200 for my GTA but if you're happy then I'm happy.

Chris.

hahaha not that happy,cash is cash, will give them a call tomorrow.....cheers
knight2
knight2

Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:48 am
What insurance companys are most with here?
What sort of price for fully comp, limited mileage e.t.c.
I have to renew mine in a few days time otherwise i'll loose all my no claims.
Hoping to get him roadworthy for the MOT this year.

Thanks in advance....................Kev
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:02 pm
A-plan all the way mate.

Tell them that you're in the knight Rider UK club for a discount too. Mine's under £200

Peter
knight2
knight2

Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:58 pm
Thanks Pete

If I manage to get mine under £200 that will be the lowest I've paid since owning the car from 1992!

Will let you know and thanks again.............Kev
knight2
knight2

Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:51 am
Hi guys

Well to be honest I think insurers are being totally unfair.
I've been off the road for 9 years ,caring for my parents and restoring my car.Insurance wasn't too bad when using my car before then and I've been with Adrian flux, Graham sykes, MCE and Stevenage, which has proven to be the best.I was quoted £238 two years ago with them for a limited 3,000 fully comp ,only car.

However I tried A plan (and they were really helpful) and was quoted £366 for limited mileage and am also now two years older.The reason being it's an ONLY CAR and I am UNEMPLOYED.
Now I think that's being VERY biased.I certainly wouldn't be using the car much due to the rip off fuel prices so would avoid high risk there but as to the unemployed bit.Staggering.I have no job to be going to regularly but my car is at risk.SERIOUSLY.
Steveneage stated their insurers won't even touch my situation.I've never been in an accident and have a full 9 years no claims.
So be warned folks if it's an only car and you aren't working then look out.
Not impressed at all .

....Kev
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:01 pm
Kev, did the insurers take your no claims into consideration?

I was told that if you haven't used your no claims on a car in a certain time (3 or 5 years) you lose them?

Peter
knight2
knight2

Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:32 pm
Pete

Yes i have the full no claims of 9 years (I believe you can't get higher than that) and have renewed my insurance every two years as that is the deadline, otherwise you lose it.

It seems like even if you look after your car,don't drive like a muppett and abide by all the rules you still get penalised. I'm not happy in any way shape or form.The insurance industry have us hanging by the danglies.
The other thing is a lot of the time YOU are paying for the dickheads who Do crash and claim through being irresponsible. Most of us don't claim so those premiums all add up so if you do then you've basically paid for it yourself.
I've just renewed with A Plan as basically all the brokers I went through can't touch that price or don't even list a quote.
It's things like this make you feel like not bothering at all.
Ripp off fuel prices and road tax (that goes to pay back interest from the government borrowing from private banks).It's all a big scam.
When you think and do some research into things nearly everything we a charged for is either fraudulent in nature or just designed for the big corps and their bosses to give them a lavish lifestyle and big payoffs /pensions and f--ck the rest of us.

Time for that to change and now.

....Kev

Last edited by knight2 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
knight2
knight2

Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:41 pm
The funny thing is in 2014 I was given a renewal quote through Stevenage insurance (the only difference I was a carer for my father),for £238.00.I didn't bother as my car was still off the road.
I go back to them this year and they stated they can't even get a quote come up as it's my only car (same as before) and I was unemployed.  Being a carer isn't exactly what I would called officially employed not on £65.00 a week.You save the government a hell of a lot of money and that's the thanks you get!
So not having a job makes you high risk does it? That's really ODD.I'd like to know WHO put that one in force. Maybe one day they too will be out of a job.
I know insurance is a racket as many hum and har if you ever make a claim,even with other things.

Rant over...

....Kev
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum