Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dee
Dee

Apologies in advance Empty Apologies in advance

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:16 pm
Sorry guys if this is asked to death but is there a KR movie still in the pipeline?
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Apologies in advance Empty Re: Apologies in advance

Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:36 pm
Yeah it is, and it isnt sorta thing. Glen has done the script we know that much, last we heard was that they were trying to get it picked up by a production company, i think the weinstien company were the last ones mentioned, but that was a few years ago now.

Im sure it will get done eventually, im kind of glad it hasnt been done yet with all the new 3D Imax stuff these days, i think it could be very cool
Dee
Dee

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:03 pm
Totally agree. Cinema experience would b class. Would like my kitt finished for the premier in Ireland Very Happy
Admin
Admin
https://knightrideruk.forum.st

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:33 pm
Glen keeps saying he has done the script, David said last week he wants to buy the rights t make a movie, so dont know if hes working with Glen or its a totally differemt project
Admin
Admin
https://knightrideruk.forum.st

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:51 pm
KITT me out!
'The Hoff' reveals Knight Rider plans
Last updated: 11th December 2010

The Hoff: legend!

I met Kit at the Christmas party! We sat down and he said 'hello, I play Kit' I said 'well hi, I play Michael, and he said 'we have a hit'!
David Hasselhoff
Quotes of the week
David Hasselhoff says he hopes to bring Knight Rider to the big screen soon.

Hasselhoff played leading man Michael Knight in the hugely successful '80s sci-fi series and he revealed the wheels were in motion for a feature length version.

The 58-year-old who rose to fame in the series before moving on to produce and star in the even more successful Baywatch, says while he will continue on in the role of Michael Knight, the film would not centre on his character.

Various reincarnations of the show followed its 1986 conclusion, but with little success. The man simply known as 'The Hoff' puts that down to makers failing to understand what the original show was about, but says the film will not make the same mistake.

"The good news is there is always the movie and that's what I'm working on right now, Knight Rider the movie," he told Soccer AM.

"I'm just kind of working on getting the rights to it and producing it. It's not as though I want to play Michael Knight the lead. I want to be the father who turns it over to his kid.

"There are so many fans out there who grew up with it, that I want to get it back to what it was about, and it's about one man can make a difference in saving lives and be a hero."
KnaresboroughKnight
KnaresboroughKnight
http://www.chrisjonesaction.co.uk

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:06 am
The movie that's been talked to death hasn't happened and won't be happening - period.

If DH were by some small miracle able to buy the rights then it's plausable that it COULD happen, but certainly not anytime soon.

For the record the Weinstein Company doesn't actually exist anymore as an individual production company, Disney bought their back catalogue (under the miramax umbrella) some time ago.

Dee
Dee

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:43 am
If DH keeps at it, it just might happen. Lets keepde fingers crossed. Cheers for the feedback
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum