Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

This should have been the new KITT.  Empty This should have been the new KITT.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:08 pm
Ok Guys, For those of you who have seen the new Avengers Movie, you'll have seen Tony Stark driving the new Acura (Honda for us UK boys) NSX.

This should have been the new KITT. It even has a place for a scanner and looks a lot like a poster mock up that was done about 4 years ago

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Peter

This should have been the new KITT.  Empty Re: This should have been the new KITT.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:43 pm
so was it this one you meant i love it this in my opinion should be the new kitt if they wouldnt / couldnt use an original one its very true to kitt with a modern twist thats just my opinion whats everyone think

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

This should have been the new KITT.  Empty Re: This should have been the new KITT.

Thu May 10, 2012 7:47 pm
Nah, Was this one here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That one looks cool too though maybe a bit too much like the original to class it as being a new KITT.

Peter

Thu May 10, 2012 7:49 pm
for me its essential to stay true to the original that one as kitt for me just looks wrong but thats just my opinion the one i posted looks absolutley spot on for kitt
Mark Rolfe
Mark Rolfe

Thu May 10, 2012 8:38 pm
simon thats the one that i had as a desktop picture for ages... KITT to the last detail in my opinion.. got a pic of the dash.... lmao

Thu May 10, 2012 8:55 pm
which one mark the one i posted i love it lol
Mark Rolfe
Mark Rolfe

Thu May 10, 2012 9:05 pm
yep your pic simon...

Thu May 10, 2012 9:30 pm
its awesome when i saw it on facebook it just screamed kitt and i rekon if that was new kitt it wouldnt be a flop like the mustang
Mark Rolfe
Mark Rolfe

Thu May 10, 2012 9:40 pm
The mustang wasnt a flop... it just could of been a hell of alot better with less CGI... KITT didnt transform in the original Knightrider unless he hit the floor wrong... lol.... but the new KITT didnt have the heart that the original had... & WTF happened with the new KARR... looked like a Decepticon with a driver wedged in his gut....

Thu May 10, 2012 10:09 pm
lol i must admit i love the mustang as a mustang but not as kitt dont look right and wtf was the transforming crap all about

Fri May 11, 2012 7:35 am
the new KITT should be a one off, designed by the guy who should be designing it, who created the one we love in the first place

you got to understand cars, lines and how to actually draw and make things from nothing to make a futuristic car

Fri May 11, 2012 9:24 am
If it aint broke dont fix it.

The thing everyone loves about Knight Rider is the car.....none of the follow ups have been very sucessful, why..... mainly because it didn't have the original KITT as KITT (and the acting was a bit rubbish)! Highlight of the most recent series for everyone seems to have been seeing the original KITT in the garage under the covers and everyone hoping the original KITT and KARR would turn up at some point.....so basically everyone wanted to see the original car.

I just dont see the point in updating something. The car looks great, EVERYONE knows what it is, its supposed to have more functions than all the latest Bond cars put together, so why does it need to be updated into something else. KITT is an 82-92 Firebird shape.....NOT a Honda, a Mustang, a Ferrari or anything else for that matter lol!

Really hope they leave him alone and honour what made Knight Rider so popular....(plenty Firebirds about and parts companies to supply cars for any film/series)....but he'll probably get made into some stupid futuristic thing like a Honda.

I like the look of Simons pic too, but put a pic of the real KITT beside it and I know what one I still think looks best!!

Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Fri May 11, 2012 9:39 am
The original is the best no doubt about it, but if a new film was made they would have to use a new car, unless of course it was a remake set in the 80's

KITT is supposed to be a state of the art crime fighting machine, so if its set in modern day giving someone a 30 year old car to fight modern day crime wouldnt really be the sensible thing to do in respect of pulling millions in at the box office.

Ive stopped thinking of what car it should be as i can never settle, something the same sort of classic sports car shape as the trans am would be nice
Mark Rolfe
Mark Rolfe

Fri May 11, 2012 9:43 am
i hope thats the response i get after my next KITT project is finished... I'm not touching KITTs shape but just all the functional touchy parts... if that makes sense... Tony Westwood is sworn to secrecy & he has stated he's not sure if it will look any good but i'm willing to give it a shot... "bringing KITT into the next Millenium"
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Fri May 11, 2012 9:45 am
hmmm i think ive got an idea in my head of what your doing just going off what your saying Mark, i might be a mile off of course, lol
Mark Rolfe
Mark Rolfe

Fri May 11, 2012 9:55 am
@ newcastle Knight... yep thats exactly it... when Knightrider first aired the car was NEW never seen before as such, so people were like WOW... they tried to much in the 4 season and SPM KITT was born & died after the end of season... then they did the KIFT.... RED????

KITT liked "any colour as long as it was black"

Then a KITT that could Transform into any "Ford"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fri May 11, 2012 10:28 am
i agree the original kitt is beautiful and no other car can touch it but they will not use a firebird as there not that easy to get hold of and parts arent as easy to replace as a modern day stock car and besides if they bought a load of firebirds and spares that would make it even harder for us lot to obtain parts thats why i liked that pic i posted as its very true to kitts shape but still has some of his elements but if its based on a camaro atleast its gm and parts are readily available
Mark Rolfe
Mark Rolfe

Fri May 11, 2012 4:14 pm
Simon... could you please take a pic of your KITT from the opposite side as when i scroll down (or even you for that matter) i looks like i'm having a chat with myself... lmao
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Fri May 11, 2012 5:58 pm
I understand what you're saying about KITT. We all love the original shape and i have to admit, the picture you put up Simon, would definately be my choice if i could remake the show myself. However, from a marketing point of view, the car needs to be fresh and new.

When Knight Rider first came out, Universal got the first 3rd gen trans ams off the production line so no one had seen them before.

This car [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]would have been awesome with its lines and sleek design.

Peter
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Fri May 11, 2012 6:04 pm
By time this film materialises GM might of brought back Pontiac and released a new Firebird anyway, lol

Fri May 11, 2012 6:53 pm
lol mark just for you i do actually have a pic from the other side

Fri May 11, 2012 6:54 pm
is this better mark lol
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum