Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy birthday Knight Rider !

+4
jasper1978
kitt23
ws6air
Newcastle knight
8 posters
Go down
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Happy birthday Knight Rider ! Empty Happy birthday Knight Rider !

Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:43 am
Well it was infact today the pilot episode aired 30 years ago, so Happy Birthday !

I think when the kids are in bed tonight im going to order a chinese and put the pilot on, yeah ! lol

Scott

Happy birthday Knight Rider ! Empty Re: Happy birthday Knight Rider !

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:34 pm
Scott, kids in bed?, i'll be lucky....

We've been 'fast tracking' through them again since Knightcon, doing an average of 1-2 a day. Just finishing season 2 and really enjoying them, funny how you notice things when you watch them in bulk like this, such as how 'campy' season 2 got and how Michael was less reliant on Kitt and stories end on fights or with michael using his wits etc.

My four year old is picking the model shots out from the real cars which he never did last year. He proudly shouts out 'toy car!' (While I cringe) when we see miniatures, he wouldn't stop moaning through 'ring of fire' lol. He's also obsessed with 'where's bonnie?' and "is Michael going to be Michael long again?"...bless 'em...

Looking forward to another couple tonight, and season three by the weekend.

Happy Birthday Knight Rider!
ws6air
ws6air

Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:41 pm
It's funny, they could get by with the models more back then, I think, because the monitors back then(tube) were not as big. If you had anything bigger than 36" tube monitor over here, you were rich back then. So, now, with everything being 42" to 60-70 inchers (average homes)over here, man, you can see everything. Another thing that's cool, depending on what kind of monitor you have, but is the refresh rate being high(motion plus) . The reason I say this is because, when watching Knight Rider on these types of monitors with high Refresh rates, you can see stuff going by now, where I know when we were kids, the backgrounds were blurry with stuff going by. Watch an old Dukes of Hazzard and you'll see what I'm talking about. Sometimes , It's worth watching them again, as you see more behind the footage being shot. Sorry, got off track there, but definately watch it all again, It's worth it.

Happy Birthday Knight Rider, and thanks for sharing the "One man can make a difference" This is true anyway you look at it, from a kids point of view, adult, etc, etc.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:03 pm
Yeah agree about tube sizes (sorry off topic still), but I remember as a kid first time back in the early 80's being slightly disappointed every time a model was used, being brought up in the 70's with thunderbirds etc. It always made me cringe. A couple of times this week watching season 2 I've thought "what a great episode if only they hadn't etc." . Classics being Goliath where we see real cars heading towards each other then the low shots of kitt racing towards are back to being models again...not even dangerous stunt work, just done for time as jack gill put it.

The grappling hook shot from 'ring of fire', was it really necessary to use a model?...the show was a massive hit, budget wasn't an issue but time was...shame really.

Anyway, to bring this full circle, happy birthday to Kitt, the real one, that soared through the air, screeched to the rescue, glowed like Darth vaders bathroom and gave Michael knight the ability to make a difference...not the sessums model that as great as it was, left some of us wanting.

30 years eh...scary lol
kitt23

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:27 pm
Happy Birthday to Kitt!
jasper1978

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:12 pm
just to chip in, when watching the show in 16:9 format before I got my car from the states the car looked so much wider then when i saw it in reall life.
so wide screen and big format has also its down sides.
well happy birtday KR
knight5695
knight5695

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:53 pm
Happy 30th Birthday to Knight Rider and many more and its also Glens birthday as well for creating our reason for being here all the very best to us all. we keep it alive!
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:23 am
Happy Birthday Knight Rider Smile
I remember ten years ago how it felt "Is it already 20 years old tv show, where did the time go?", now it indeed begins to be scary, 30 years have gone and it still feels like not much time has gone since the show was new on tv Shocked
Maybe it's because Knight Rider impressed me so heavily as a kid it stays on my mind forever Smile
knight2
knight2

Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:28 pm
Many happy returns and thanks for making a big difference in MY LIFE too:)

Just goes to show too how special this series was at the time.No matter how many times they try to resurrect/revamp it ,it just does NOT work.
If only season 5 was given the go ahead SHAME on you UNIVERSAL.

.....................Kev
Kitt

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:02 am
kitt23 wrote:Happy Birthday to Kitt!

Thankyou Michael Laughing

It actually is mine a day after knight rider, and steves and lee casts, 3 knight rider fans all sharing the same day, its a funny old world!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum