Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Knight2339
Knight2339
http://www.kitthire.co.uk

I've Been Given An Almera GTi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p Empty I've Been Given An Almera GTi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:27 pm
So i MOT this Almera GTi for one of the guys at work whos friend gave it too him to sell 6 months ago and no one bought it so he gave it too the guy i work with and gave up after many tyre kickers, and another mate of my collegue desides he'll have it and pay to fix it up.

Anyway it fails on quiete a few bits, some small, some pretty bad, and this guy changes his mind lol, which pisses the guy i work with off no end cos its been in the way round his gaff for 6 months with no sign of change, so he said "you want this thing mate im sick of it, take it away at lunch and its yours" Smile

So yeh, Almera GTi for nothing, 155k, no rattles or knocks, the air con even works, interior and bodywork is fantastic for that amount of miles, no rips inside, carpets gd, no dents, one v tiny scuff on the front splitter thats it,it a bit musty and dirty but nothing elbow grease cant fix there.

Otherwise just needs front and poss rear brake pads, a number plate, some bulbs, free off the nearside front caliper cos the brakes binding, which i think will turn out too be the pads and pad carrier rusty so the pads cant back away from the disc as the brake does apply like normal and with the right force behind it so i dont suspect the caliper for a minute unlike the old owner and my work mate hehe.

Im well chuffed, my fiats done me proud but now i have a job been thinkin about a car change and gettin summin nicer.

I'll get some pics up soon Smile
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

I've Been Given An Almera GTi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p Empty Re: I've Been Given An Almera GTi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:00 pm
cool man, cant complain at a free car ! Im sure you'll have it running spot on in no time.

Sort of reminds me i need to give my citroen some TLC, poor car, gets the family everywhere everyday and i havnt even cleaned it since before xmas, needs an oil change, front pads, and i noticed ive got a screw in one of the back tyres the other day ! think i'll pull it out tomorrow and if it goes down i'll put the spare on and get that replaced.
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

I've Been Given An Almera GTi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p Empty Re: I've Been Given An Almera GTi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:50 am
FREE!!!

Always a good word Smile

Especially when it comes to cars Smile

Peter
lutonmatt

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:54 pm
thats good hhave had it a few times been given cars

had a customer come in with a nova been coming for years then he said i want a body kit on my nova so he got one and we fitted it and not that well said to him we are mechanics not body work people

any way few months down the line the ingition barrel locked up and he could not move it so said if you can move it by tomorrow you can have it just say that lunch it was at my place after i smashed the barrel out lol
new one of the tin of paint for the body kit that he had not painted moted it and sold it for 700 quid
Knight2339
Knight2339

Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:12 pm
hehehehe, well turns out she does need a caliper, and found she needs a heater blower resistor pack too, but oh well such is life ill pick up a caliper tomo and already got the resister pack from local scrappy yesterday, never the less she's still worth the effort!

And here she is!! Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Not cleaned any of her yet, mechanicals and MOT first :p
Knight2339
Knight2339

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:07 pm
Couldnt resist lol :p

washed her down, interior and exterior glass been polished and all interior trims
cleaned, good hoover out and paint buffer treatment too come.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also the only MOT work too be done now is the calliper and she will get a full service next weekend, oil and filter after engine flush, air filter, plugs, coolant flush with new auntifreeze, brake/cluth fluid change, g/box oil change, the works.
Knight2339
Knight2339

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:21 pm
Caliper coming tomorrow morning was £81 Smile

Rang nissan for a laugh they wanted £423 ROFL NOWAI!!!!!!
Knight Focus
Knight Focus

Fri May 14, 2010 9:07 pm
Bonus!!! Looks very nice. Good colour. What engine do those have in?

Mike
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

Sat May 29, 2010 12:41 pm
Congrats for such a nice car given for free Smile

I'm driving Nissan too these days, a 2001 Micra with 1,0 litre engine LOL. It's not the fastest car around but good fuel economy & low CO2 emissions reduce costs.
Next year the yearly car tax will be based on CO2 emissions here in Finland and now I pay 127,75€ per year but this car do 142g/km CO2 and with that next year the tax will drop to little more than 80€/year.

Bought this car used in 2008 when it had 148.000km in the meter and haven't had to do any big repairs yet, just oil changes & bulbs. Biggest repair I had to do so far is replacing the driver's side windshield wash injector, had to buy it from Nissan as it wasn't available elsewhere, costed 14€.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum