Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thought I'd share...

+3
pbryant_knight
Newcastle knight
ivirscar
7 posters
Go down
ivirscar
ivirscar
http://www.knight-f2k4.com

Thought I'd share... Empty Thought I'd share...

Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:59 am
Major revisions to my LEDBar scanner - This is only the beginning... Cool

This unit incorporates my full "sound system" as in my halogen units. The new controller is the same smaller controller used in my previous LEDBar scanner and is fully compatible to all my new ledbars which are the cnc machined bars. If you have a cnc bar and the older controller - this new controller is fully compatible and swappable.

This new "bit-bang" angled modulation I'm using will soon bring the scanner to new heights -

Brenon
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Thought I'd share... Empty Re: Thought I'd share...

Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:29 am
Very nice Brenon, i think fairly soon halogen scanners will be a thing of the past !
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:31 pm
Looking Great Smile

I think halogen scanners are already a thing of the past. LED is the way to go Smile
Kitt

Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:45 pm
im still not convinced with the LED scanners lol, still like the halogen scanner i have, the trails perfect and looks great at night, mine still lasts 8 hours on a separate battery to the main one and that's with the dash powered on the same battery too.

Good work though non the less!

Last edited by Kitt on Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
rattyzx6r
rattyzx6r
http://www.torbaykitt.co.uk

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:14 pm
Well i staying with halogen as im building a replica and thats what was used on kitt so thats what im keeping. Like stu said the trails perfect and its last more then long enough when the car is not running. dave

Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:00 pm
I have a brenon Halogen scanner and love it , its perfect to the show, the LED is better ffor car shows though
ivirscar
ivirscar

Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:51 pm

Another quik vid of the angled modulation theory... The theory of splitting atoms in a microchip! affraid
ivirscar
ivirscar

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:24 am
I'm movin' along on this project - Now have the capability to program in any scan pattern imaginable and I plan to do just that!

It IS compatible with all my LEDbars BUT if you have the capacitors on the back, just simply clip them out and leave the large resistor in place...

There will be a button dedicated to the "comet-tail" adjustment, mode, speed, standby mode and audio volume. I'm still tossin round the idea of a round control knob for the speed but that may be "voted out" for better use of the cpu...

The remote will control the standby mode, "power up from standby", the kitt intro sound and the turbine sound... Cool
ivirscar
ivirscar

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:39 am
The main coding is complete!

I have rolled out the red carpet for Jerson for his countless hours in coding this project. I first contacted him in 2007 to do a ledbar scanner project - a job very similar to this but was always "placed on the back burner. Several months ago I decided to make the move and regain capitolism on the competition and "revamp" this LED scanner. I again contacted Jerson, gave him ideas and sample vids of what I needed and voila! Very Happy He (as ALWAYS) delivered a 100% fool-proof product in coding. This piece is very "complicated" and in the years I have spent fiddlin around with micro programming, I can't even "follow" this code and understand what it's doing! Shocked
As mentioned before, I can program ANY type of scan imaginable - the vid has several and are not limited to what you see!! The trail "tail" will have a button but it's not really applicable meaning that you wouldn't want to change what you are about to see! It will have all the audio features of my current halogens and the 4 function remote - a whole NEW package for the same price of $535 + Shipping.

A HUGE thanks to you Jerson! cheers

Brenon