Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

David Hasselhoff in Pantomime Empty David Hasselhoff in Pantomime

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 pm
David Hasselhoff has been booked to appear as a panto villain this Christmas - four years after dropping out of the same role.

The Baywatch and Knight Rider actor will star as Hook in Peter Pan at New Wimbledon Theatre, the show’s producers announced this morning.

Hasselhoff will follow in the footsteps of his former Baywatch co-star Pamela Anderson, who appeared in Aladdin at the Broadway theatre last year. He was due to star in Peter Pan at the New Wimbledon Theatre in 2006, but cancelled the appearance because of a clash with TV commitments.

Hasselhoff said: "Peter Pan is a show that has always been close to my heart, as my first theatre role was playing Lost Boy Nibs when I was a child.

“I am so delighted to be asked to join this British tradition. I know all about Pantomime as some of my good friends have already appeared in previous productions. They’ve told me how much fun it is. Get ready London for Hoff The Hook."

Kevin Wood, chief executive of producers First Family Entertainment, said: “This is without doubt the most exciting piece of panto casting in history.”

Dancer and reality TV star Louie Spence has already been booked to appear in this year’s production, which will run from December 10 to January 16. Hasselhoff is expected to arrive in London for rehearsals next month, and is set to feature in almost every performance up to December 31.

His biggest roles were in the TV series Knight Rider and opposite Anderson in Baywatch, once the most-watched TV show in the world. Since leaving Baywatch he has continued his pop career and his family have featured in their own reality TV programme, but the actor has also received treatment for alcoholism. Hasselhoff competed in America’s version of Strictly Come Dancing last month.

LISTINGS

PETER PAN at New Wimbledon Theatre, The Broadway, London, SW19 1QG

Performances: Friday 10 December 2010 to Sunday 16 January 2011

Tickets: £17 - £30. Kids go half price at certain performances.

Box Office: 0844 871 7646 (bkg fee)

Groups/Schools Hotline: 0844 871 7696

Access Booking: 0844 871 7677 (bkg fee)

Online Booking: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (bkg fee)

Due to prior commitments, David Hasselhoff will not be appearing at the following performances: Saturday 18th December 2pm & 7pm, Sunday 19th December 1.30pm and Friday 31st December to Saturday 8th January (inclusive).

thanutz
thanutz

David Hasselhoff in Pantomime Empty Re: David Hasselhoff in Pantomime

Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:55 am
I think I will have venture down...with Kitt of course!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum