Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
firebirdta84

"Cars of the Stars" Original KITT Questions Empty "Cars of the Stars" Original KITT Questions

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:18 pm
Hey guys,

I'm looking to solve a mystery once and for all. Has anyone seen the supposed original KITT in the "Cars of the Stars" museum in Keswick? I've heard many rumors over the years as to what they do and don't have, to include:

-The original convertible KITT ( #1196)
-An original hardtop KITT (possibly #1087?)
-A car built for Hasselhoff for his European tour

Pictures of the hardtop cars are rare - these are the only ones I have ever found:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Would anyone who lives nearby be willing to go on an "unofficial" mission to the museum to get some more info and maybe some more pics? I can let you know exactly what to look for to spot an original.

Thanks!
Joe
Admin
Admin
https://knightrideruk.forum.st

"Cars of the Stars" Original KITT Questions Empty Re: "Cars of the Stars" Original KITT Questions

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:45 pm
they have the screen used convertable
they have the dh tour car which is supposed to be screen used and has all the right parts to be

the 3rd car is a theme park car with shark nose, yancey 2tv dash and real old jupitere electronics

"Cars of the Stars" Original KITT Questions Empty Re: "Cars of the Stars" Original KITT Questions

Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:19 am
See PM.

=VK=
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:11 pm
I went there a couple of years ago and had a good look at KITT, season 4 nose with the season 1 style dash, but its all universals stuff, i think the car thats always in the museum (in the pics) is one of the tour cars that David sold to them. One strange thing i noticed about the KITT in the museum is, he doesnt actually have any tail lights, they light clusters had been removed and the blackout in its place, i only noticed that because the blackout was actually recessed quite a bit due to a lack of lights !

Ive got a postcard somewhere with a picture of David in the car giving the 'MK' thumbs up

Ive seen the 3rd car on display too, and it was the most god awful piece of crap ever ! the steering wheel was on the backseat, it had an early louisell nose, the dash looked like it was made by a 10 year old, wires hanging everywhere etc
maxxboost

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:20 pm
Concerning this article

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the cars went on auction on ebay and the museum is now closed down. Anyone saw this auction on ebay in 2011 or knows what happened to that cars?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:33 pm
Yeah, its the end of an era for me. I used to visit the museum everytime i went to the lakes Sad

i Belive Peter still has his Bond museum in Keswick though, and some of the cars in his rather large garage/warehouse.

Peter

Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:47 pm
Bond museum closed too sadly he has retired
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:44 pm
I wonder where KITT has ended up then, and the convertible, and to a lesser extent, the crappy replica he brought to ashington
Kitt

Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:57 pm
Id think most of its gone to auction or he will have them at his home and dust them daily with dirty rags Laughing
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum