Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:(((SH1T:((((

+11
stepheneire25
3rdgenparts
warlord
WelshGTA
Newcastle knight
tom ireland
Portuguese_Kitt
Wiggy
Dave Stapley
Tony Westwood
geordiesharp
15 posters
Go down

:(((SH1T:(((( - Page 2 Empty Re: :(((SH1T:((((

Tue May 15, 2012 11:17 am
If I was you, I'd seriously think about not buying the car first and spend the money getting a set of PMD seats, Turbocasts, rear bumper, taillights and all the correct 82 bits your going to need, while keeping an eye out for any KITT conversion parts going cheap.....but concentrating on getting the right 82 bits first.

You can ALWAYS get a base car, they will always be around, and you can ALWAYS get the conversion parts....but the getting the right 82 bits is the struggle.

Then when you end up buying a base car, you will have all the 82 bits (and hopefully a KITT nose) to bolt straight onto it. The value of the parts you buy will only go up, so if you ended up getting a base car with bits on you already bought, you'll make money by selling the spares on again.

If worst comes to worse and the dream never becomes a reality you can sell all the bits you bought and make a profit on them!

Thats what I did with one of my last cars, bought most of the parts first before I had the car lol!

Tue May 15, 2012 11:46 am
you are right the bits are going up i mean average price of turbocasts is over £1000 and rising as they get rarer pmds are scarce as it is and getting harder to find also prices going through the roof
WelshGTA
WelshGTA

Tue May 15, 2012 3:17 pm
how about this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tue May 15, 2012 3:39 pm
only prob with that is its a manual be a problem if your wanting correct lower console
WelshGTA
WelshGTA

Tue May 15, 2012 3:52 pm
so it is. don't know how i missed that
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Tue May 15, 2012 3:57 pm
crikey thats just down the road from me !! never ever seen it before, just makes you wonder how many are sitting around where you live
Wiggy
Wiggy

Tue May 15, 2012 7:16 pm
I would still advise getting a base car with that money.

Turbocasts issue might just be about to become a problem of the past thanks to Joao at Knight Passions......

Tue May 15, 2012 7:20 pm
yeah if turbocasts can be remanufactured would be awesome but it does depend on cost of them of cause because if there expensive i would rather keep my originals
Wiggy
Wiggy

Tue May 15, 2012 7:22 pm
Yes but im thinking more for all the peeps who have not got 15" Turbocasts or any at all.

Tue May 15, 2012 7:28 pm
yeah but if there more expensive than originals i would say people would just buy genuine ones but fair do's
WelshGTA
WelshGTA

Tue May 15, 2012 7:49 pm
theres a guy in italy the makes what he calls turbocups. basically it's a hubcap that fits on your existing wheels and looks like turbocast wheels
geordiesharp

Tue May 15, 2012 9:23 pm
Thanks for all the help guys, keep those ideas coming, I'm still juggling with whether to buy all the parts first then get a car or vice versa, but Rik KIRAD is now on the case and already offered a VERY good option to me Smile

So the next thing is getting my parents permission, I really hate that I'm 34 and need to ask if I can spend my money my way, but hey lets do the right thing and avoid the world war 3 moment when i turn up one day with it and they go BALLISTIC Smile

Any watch this space, I'll throw a few pics up on here when I get this whole ball rolling and hopfully see you guys in sept for KNIGHTCON, better yet see you in sept for KNIGHTCON with my KITT Smile
geordiesharp

Tue May 15, 2012 9:37 pm
OH Forgot to mention

Can somebody PLZZZ state how long from front of the KNIGHT RIDER nose to the rear bumper is the whole car including KNIGHT RIDER nose
&
How wide the car is from outer edge of the wing mirrors.

Be exact please as I will be looking at the size of a friends garage soon and need to know if the car will fit and so measurments need to be exact

Thanks
warlord
warlord

Tue May 15, 2012 10:01 pm
Wiggy wrote:I too looked at importing from the states...

My budget was 5k.

No where near enough to get a real decent starter car, ship it and clear customs etc.......

I imported mine and it cost me £4500. importing mine was the best decision i ever made.
geordiesharp

Tue May 15, 2012 10:06 pm
yeah Warlord importing would be good except £4000 is my budget and it will be at least £1500 mqybe to import and customs thingys

Plus I wont be able to see it before i buy and I really want KIRAD to see it and give it a seal of approval visually, so I know its not a lemon

BUT GOOD IDEA THOUGH Smile
warlord
warlord

Tue May 15, 2012 10:52 pm
A car with some work needing doing would be a good idea, will be cheap and i'm sure you'll have change from your budget after its on the road. the kitt replica parts can come later.
i'm sure it's not the only spare cash you'll have, drive a nice car for a while and who knows a year or 2 from now you'll have some cash to convert.

And if you get a car that's already on the road, paint condition doesn't really matter as long as its not rusty as it'll need painting anyway. and usually faded paint make quite an impact on sale price.
warlord
warlord

Tue May 15, 2012 10:54 pm
Oh and the more work you do yourself, the less money you have to spend. that's why i started working on my kitt myself, why pay someone to do something that i can figure out.
3rdgenparts

Wed May 16, 2012 9:21 am
Ya I checked out a few cars out here in the west coast for wiggy and found a GREAT source to ship to the UK for around $2200 from
San Francisco in its own 20FT container !!! Shocked Even can get a cheaper price on shipping if the person gets the car from me ;-)

And I see many good 82's with t-tops,pmds,cowl hood NO rust at a decent price thought my "Connections" but now they are getting far and few in between.Average price now for a CLEAN 1982 trans am all original parts is around $4000-5000 here in the US.I sold one last year,Clean rust free '82 t/a white ext,305 crossfire,t-tops,pmds,FULL power options,15" turbos and black caps,90,000 miles for $7000,But i did a full service on it for that price. tune up new filters, FULL fluid flush,new hood and hatch seals/struts,turbo cast reconditioning. the owner in Switzerland was VERY happy with it !!!

Like I have said to others and some have said here.Atleast if someone buys a car from me here in the states and I can store until the buyer can save enough $$$ for shipping/customs.Maybe in that wait time the buyer get some parts to install or work on the car here in the US instead of the UK to save more $$

Dave
Wiggy
Wiggy

Wed May 16, 2012 9:40 am
Yup Dave and I spoke frequently on the subject.

But for me it was just having the money for the shipping and customs which I didnt have, and knew I would not have for a long time.

If anyone considering importing a car, I would without thinking point them in Dave's direction.

He is straight up, honest and always replies with swiftness.

Im hoping I can do deals with him in the future for various bits and pieces, and who knows in the future a car.

Top, Top bloke

Craig
stepheneire25
stepheneire25

Fri May 18, 2012 11:22 am
Best advice i can give is take your time looking, it took me a year to find, i bought an 82 firebird with 66000 miles tan interior pmd seats turbocast wheels with bowling ball hubcaps, for $3500! i got it imported from virginia to liverpool for 1300. there are great starter cars out there, you just have to keep looking...
knighthawk
knighthawk
http://www.kitt-northwest.co.uk

Fri May 18, 2012 8:21 pm
Yes I agree,

Just keep checking, as I paid just £645 for mine, a lucky find on Ebay.

I have done everything on a budget, and I think I have a decent replica coming along.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Too:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
geordiesharp

Fri May 18, 2012 8:31 pm
WOW a lot of work has gone into that , I wish I had the tech knowledge to do that, but I do not Sad

Besides no driveway, but AMAZING WORK your KITT looks amazing Smile
knighthawk
knighthawk
http://www.kitt-northwest.co.uk

Fri May 18, 2012 8:35 pm
Thank you,

Still a lot of work to be done, but as I said all done on a very tight budget.

Example, the paint was just me with tins, around £250. Carpet was a close match from Carpet Right at £54 for the roll.

It's taken 3 years to get this far, but it's worth it.

Mike
Wiggy
Wiggy

Fri May 18, 2012 8:37 pm
Check this one out.......

or this

Craig
geordiesharp

Fri May 18, 2012 8:50 pm
Thanks Craig , I 've seen then both, I check the websites everyday.

But thanks for the option ideas Smile

Matt
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum