Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ws6air
ws6air

Kickin ride!!! Empty Kickin ride!!!

Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:15 am
I know, some hate these , others love them. I'm one of the lovers of them. It was too sweet of a deal to leave alone, and I know I have projects, but man, this thing I got for a still. It runs, it looks great, no dents(YET) Jjokin, (Knock on wood too) , but man, it's only got 90,000 on it, and I just could not pass the deal up. Wifey loves it!!! Anyway..... Not a bad little ride. We just picked it up today and man, SWEET!!! Feel like I'm playing Mario Kart...... Hah!!! This thing is LOW to the ground!!! WOW!!! It's almost like just add water.....Just add paint!!! hah!!! Needs paint, but man, that's about it. Love the body lines of the 80's . GM definately don't try stuff like this anymore. 2 seater, rear engine....NOPE !!! In 1984-86, it scored a 5 star rating for crash testing, right below the Volvo station wagon.....Who'd think that? Don't think I'll try that anytime with a truck , ugh!!!!Anyway.... Don't come across things like this anymore, and this one is in prime shape, little TLC, but that doesn't hurt anyone does it? Anyway, Here's some pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kickin ride!!! Empty Re: Kickin ride!!!

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:42 am
ive seen one in the past with a fake kitt dash lol
Lone_crusader
Lone_crusader

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:53 am
Love the 80s interiors! Cream cream cream! Everything now is so dark and dull and lifeless and then you look at kitts interior and its warm and bright! God love the 80s!!
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:18 pm
Cool man, i quite like the Fieros, they are like baby Firebirds ! lol.

Actually where i keep my car now in my aunties garage, the guy she bought the house off used to do up cars in the garage, and the last one was a Fiero Finale, and i used to run past it doing cross country in high school and me and my mates would always be going, theres that weird red car again because we had no idea what it was all them years ago.

ws6air
ws6air

Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:22 pm
16-18 year olds last night at a cruise in, didn't even know what it was, but loved the body styling. funny huh?

Marc
ws6air
ws6air

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 am
This is just a fun little car to drive, once you rebuild the whole cooling system and all hoses!!! GEEZ, this thing had all originals, and boy they were spongey!!! Anyway....Wifey loves helping on these cars to speed us up on getting them done. Under the hood has been totally redone, as far as I'm taking it... The actual under the hood/the black part, I plan on sanding and painting black again. Should turn out and look nice after done. Everything is functioning after I had a blowout/radiator and a front hose busted.... Put new thermo, new hoses, new radiator,etc, etc..... Stays going downt the road at 180 and with fan on, 160..... Anyway. Just not all about Knight Rider....hah...speaking of....hmmmm

Marc

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:58 am
Looks in really good shape...just needs paint....or leave it original and keep it untouched.....can't be many left that havent been sprayed.
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:46 pm
I was actually looking at making a "mini KITT" out of one of these year before last. I think they are cool cars, and still a popular donar for most majour kit cars too

Peter
ws6air
ws6air

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:08 pm
This one will probably change colors. My family wants it black.... so, yey, it will probably go black. These are cool rides and not really that expensive to work on, well......compared to a Knight Rider that is....hah, soooOOO many body kits for these and cool accessories.....love it right now....I've got to get on the engine for the Knight Rider though....It's got to go in this year!!!!, Darnit!!!! hah!!!

Marc
ws6air
ws6air

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:31 am
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Got new exhaust ....nice and deep sounding for a V6.... Roush muffler....OH YEY!!!! Tried them all...Flowmaster, Borla, Magnaflow(close), Roush? YES!!!!

I had to think ahead, so I asked them to leave room for me to be able to get the starter out , weird, but on these, you do what you can to make it easier, ya know?

Was happy of the tone of it.... Later/ It's not always KNight Rider this, KR that!!! Hah....Well, maybe....

Marc
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:59 pm
Nice, Liking the Twin pipes each side.

If you givwe that car a lick of paint (Gloss Black) it'll look awesome.

Peter

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:02 pm
thats a nice little car marc i would love to do one of those as a mini kitt for my wife would be awesome
Lone_crusader
Lone_crusader

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:28 pm
Yeah I said the other day a fiero would be a great little daily runner Smile one on autotrader for £2k looks lovely
ws6air
ws6air

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:48 pm
Took it out today and filled it up, and man!!! What an improvement in Gas mileage opening this thing up!!!! Usually doesn't stay full long, but man, I've already been 50 miles and it's still close to F..... NICE!!! The tank is so small , it doesn't take much to see the needle drop, but man, this is nice!!! Yey, I also have recently rebuilt the front end of the engine too.... Chain, water pump, alternator, etc..... so now, the exhaust is done.... I did find I have a small exhaust manifold leak , that actually seals up in about a minute of running, but, for now, all my attention is getting the front end of KITT done! I use this as a driver, so, this had to be done, hopefully now it will last long enough to get KITT done ya know. I also run a 2007 HHR, but two drivers is nice to keep mileage down on all. Anyway. HHR is also meant to be the reliable one , this is my second one as it comes in handy for trips with band rigs... A hole stack will fit in these, definately nice... Anyway.... We'll see how the gas mileage is now with Fiero.... Already can tell a difference...It even sounds like it runs better....No cat, so yey, freed up some air flow for sure...Thanks guys!!! Talk to you all soon.... real soon, as the CRTs in KITT have been running , and I'm about to finish the countdown/Vbox tonight! .... So...and have done a test fit of dash and CRTs inside the car... Fit's nicely!!! Anyway...more on that later....

Marc
WelshGTA
WelshGTA

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:55 pm
I had one of those. It was tje 2.5 with a 4speed manual box. Dam awful thing howled it'ass off at 70mph. Was right hand drive too. Heard the V6 is a totally different car
ws6air
ws6air

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:39 pm
Oh yey, V6 actually pushes you back a little....a little if your used to 260 HP or more... this only is pushing probably around 150-160.... so.... but as I tell others, strap that much HP on a Go Cart and man, that's alot... This thing weighs nothing, heck , I personally would love one day to put a 3800 series supercharged V6 in, or even a 350 .... but, with only 90,000 on it.... I'm rolling with what I've got ya know... I've got cars to do the burnouts and have fun with...This is a fun driver, ya know? Anyway, take it easy guys!!

Marc
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum