Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
geordiesharp

Why could this not be the new KITT instead of the Mustang Empty Why could this not be the new KITT instead of the Mustang

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:03 pm
Found this on ebay.com

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh I wish this was the new KITT instead of the Mustang, if they make a KNIGHT RIDER movie PLEASE USE A PONTIAC !!!!!
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Why could this not be the new KITT instead of the Mustang Empty Re: Why could this not be the new KITT instead of the Mustang

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:56 pm
To answer you original question, cost.

It would of been totally unrealistic to get a bunch of new camaros and then have them customised into Trans Ams, and then customise them even more into a rendition of KITT.

Something like that would be more possible for a feature film given a big budget but for the tv show, probably no chance.

That one for sale in your link is beautiful though, im sure GM could do a limited run of Firebirds themselves based on the Camaro and they would sell like hotcakes.
Whicher
Whicher

Why could this not be the new KITT instead of the Mustang Empty Re: Why could this not be the new KITT instead of the Mustang

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:43 pm
That's a stunning piece of work. I want one!! Smile
NotchbackKITT

Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:53 am
Wow that's a nice car. And given its scarcity in the market, it would definitely turn some heads.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:19 am
LOVE the front of that car....back end looks quite like the Mad Max interceptor!

I'd have one Smile
Lone_crusader
Lone_crusader

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:00 pm
Yeah that car is a thing of beauty...... SO much better than the bloody ford!!!
Well as Mike Scheffe said at KC, he has sent some design ideas over to Glen so you never know we may be in for a treat!
TBH anything has to be better than the god awful mustang that changed into a truck lmao - the thing that angered me most with that show was the fact that when "KITT" (hate calling that car KITT) turbo boosted (if you can even call it that lmao) he had that FUCK AWFUL neon KR logo underneath!! What the hell was that about! Thats about as stealthy as strapping a dildo to your head and running through meadowhall!
Original KITT was SO much more, sleek and smooth and didnt look like a hulking chav mobile!
And as for the mustangs dash..... dont get me started...... I refer you all to the Robot Chicken sketch as that is my opinion down to a tee!!!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:42 am
Be awseome if GM and others re released some of thier old cars, identical to the way they were but to modern build standards with modern gadgets like the:

82 Trans-Am
78 Trans-Am SE
69 Dodge charger
70 Barracuda
74 Corvette Stingray

ect....ect...

Still hoping the new fim will have the proper KITT in it and not a remodelled Camaro....wish film makers would leave things alone.....even the DB5 Aston still appears in the new Bond films...why....because fans love it and it's iconic....same as KITT.....our KITT's....like he should be!

Bottom line, if the new Knight Rider has an updated theme and a remodelled modern KITT, it'll flop....guaranteed....people want to go see it for what they remember.....like the A-Team film that did so well, highlights being Mr T's van and the theme.....or Dukes of Hazard with the 69 Chrager Smile
Lone_crusader
Lone_crusader

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:25 pm
That's very very true. The only exception I can think of to
That rule is the new Star Trek films. I really enjoyed the film DESPITE the fact that the new enterprise is awful in comparison to the original. Size/shape/tech all wrong. Bridge was like an iPhone etc etc. luckily the plot and the cast made the film very watchable. If the new kitt is done well (not like the fuckin mustang) then the new camaro say could work VERY VERY well. However if the ORIGINAL KITT is to be used, then it must be a proper trans am. If its only a cameo then a fans car would be good.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:54 pm
Deffo agree with that mate!

I've just finished the Polar lights 1:350 Enterprise Refit Kit....taken 2yrs to put together and it's got 100led's all hand wired inside.....MAJOR pita to wire it all up with a wee resisitor for each led......thats my favourite of all the Enterprises....sad day when it gone blown up in the 3rd film Sad
stepheneire25
stepheneire25

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:09 am
ooooh photos please Mr T Top Smile

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:59 am
LOL...here's a few for you mate....crappy pics taken on cameraphone:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This thing is HUGE....but looks the business, pretty pleased with the way the kit turned out. Was moulded in blue plastic, took MONTHS to airbrush it all, and fill all the seams, but was worth it.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:22 am
nice Alistair...Still working on mine......Well actually its all still in its box with most of the led lighting kit taped in place lmao. Its a pain.
Lone_crusader
Lone_crusader

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:23 am
Mmmmmm Enterprisey Smile

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:26 am
lol Tim.....if ya think the led lighting's a pain...Just wait till ya do the aztecing....god knows how many shades of pearlescent blues, whites etc etc

Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:44 am
Thanks guys Smile

LOL...I didn't buy the lighting kit....bought 100 led's and 100 resistors off ebay, and got 10m of black and 10m of red wiring, a pack of rocker switches and just did it myself.....total pain, amazing the hulls glued in place with all the wires stuffed in lol!

had to make frames to hold all the led's too. the inside of the hulls has aluminium foil taped to EVERYTHING, so no light gets through the plastic of the hull.

Yeah, the aztec pattern is a bugger....I just used base white and the various mixes of blue/grey.....looks great. Kinda ignored the paint instructions and just did it to match the screen Model from the 2nd and 3rd movies.....if you follow the paint scheme, it looks great in the dark lit up, but I dont like it in the daylight, looks wired with all the blue color on the secondary hull and bridge sections.

Tempted to do the battle damage on the nacelles, secondary hull and neck sections.....but shitting myself I mess it up so it's staying nice and clean for now till I feel brave lol!
knight5695
knight5695

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:10 pm
that car is awsome i hope it is considered as the new KITT i hope they do a movie use that car it could be the hero car? lol. thats a really nice Enterprise , t top Smile

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:49 am
It'll be funny if they reuse the Mustangs from the TV show in the new film....well, not funny really, but its the kind of stupidity filmmakers do...

Like "lets do a remake of Jaws but we'll use a killer Trout instead of a Great White" LOL

At least they aren't going to screw with Ecto1 in the Ghostbusters movie, it's going to be the originall Caddy hearse apparently Smile
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:27 pm
The thing with Knight Rider is, its supposed to be the most state of the art techo crammed machine, so its gotta be something new and upto date.

things like the Dukes of Hazzard could use the General lee because it was meant to just be a classic muscle car, Starsky and Hutch used the torino because it was set in the 70's, the A-team movie had the van in it because....well lets be honest, it was just a van.

Its a bit more tricky with Knight Rider, although i would be devastated it the original KITT wasnt in it in some way, even if it was to pass the baton or something

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:30 am
Ah....but.....(and theres always a but lol).....why couldnt they just update KITT with new gadgets like they did throught the original series....after all, if the original season 1 car was "real" in todays world, then it could pretty much do everything that would be needed to stop modern day bad guys.....while still being believable (unlike the Bond Aston Martin with its stolen Klingon cloaking device lol).
stepheneire25
stepheneire25

Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:16 am
That looks great mate! The 1st one lit up looks like a screen shot! Well done Smile

Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:38 am
Thanks mate, yeah it does a bit, aside from the joint line I must have missed with the alluminium tape, on the bottom of the saucer section.....you can see a line of light escaping at the joint, irritating cos I cant redo it now!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum