Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you delete a whole thread?

+6
Whicher
pbryant_knight
KOTPKITT
NotchbackKITT
Admin
stepheneire25
10 posters
Go down

How do you delete a whole thread? Empty How do you delete a whole thread?

Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:59 am
Cant see a button to do this, is there anyway to delete the entire thing, not a single post, but an entire thread/topic that I started.....or does Admin have to do that?
stepheneire25
stepheneire25

How do you delete a whole thread? Empty Re: How do you delete a whole thread?

Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:55 am
I think Admin has to do that mate.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:02 am
Cool.....in which case can someone in Admin please delete the entire thread on my 1982 restoration that is in the "members KITT cars" section under "Black T Top's 1982 Firebird"
Admin
Admin
https://knightrideruk.forum.st

Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:04 am
Sure no problems, but once I delete it there's no going back. You sure you don't want me just to archive it?

Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:07 am
Nah just delete the whole thing please Marina Wink
Admin
Admin
https://knightrideruk.forum.st

Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:10 am
It is done Thumb up 

Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:14 am
Thanks Marina Smile 
stepheneire25
stepheneire25

Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:16 am
Are you out of the hobby mate? Sad

Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:32 am
Think so.....trying to decide if I sell the car or just part it out....would get more in bits, buts such a nice 82 I'd rather sell whole. Other option is to mothball it and forget its there till i feel more inclined to do anything. Had people apparently saying to potential buyers that the car is crap, and rotten and all sorts of rubbish, so I'm just pulling down anything about it so anyone wanting pics sees ones of my actual car and not faked up ones.
NotchbackKITT

Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:41 pm
Sorry to hear this mate. If I recall correctly you had the accident not too long ago, right? And you jumped back in with both feet in an attempt to get another replica finished and road worthy. Your enthusiasm and interest in wanting to do that was amazing IMO. But I can understand your reason for leaving. Good luck with your next adventure.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:09 pm
Cheers mate, but I'm not out the game yet........everytime I sell one of these cars I end up wanting another one, except this round I wont be able to get a nicer car, let alone an original 1982 one, so one half of me is saying just get rid and do something totally different while the other is saying mothball the car and dont be too quick to sell it.

This post deleting was more to do with stoping certain people using bad looking pictures to make things look worse than they are, so just took the whole thread down.
KOTPKITT

Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:24 pm
The "person" telling everyone that the car is rotten has never seen the car, his expert opinion is a joke

If someone wants a car to convert I suggest they go see it themselfs as its a nice one

Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:35 pm
Will swap for a mint facelift XJS 4.0 or V12 lol
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 pm
Shame to hear you're thinking of getting out of the hobby mate. I'm on my 3rd one now Sad

I think you should keep it until you're ready to continue.

As for a certain person saying your car is rubbish, i really don't think his opinion would count for much to be fair.

Certain cars from certain people have been sold for a LOT of money by certain people that weren't half as good as yours. Plus, the bits that weren't so good have now all been professionally sorted.

Peter
Whicher
Whicher

Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:18 am
Why are there certain people in this hobby intent on being a complete pain in the arse. It really takes the pleasure out of it. Sad

You obviously really enjoy the hobby mate so why not just sit back a while and enjoy the car. It's such a rare thing to be able to own I would be really reluctant to get rid if you think you might want another in the future. Parts and cars are getting really hard to source so I'd just have a big tidy up, sell what you don't need anymore and enjoy driving the car now and again. Can't wait till ours is finished so I can do that. Smile
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:50 pm
Just a little bit more boring graft then it will be gloss black before you know it.  It would be a shame to sell it after doing so much work on it, and if im not mistaken you havnt even driven it properly yet ??? lol

Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:22 pm
This is true....only driven it around the block a few times at my parents when the new gearbox was fitted to leak check and run through the gears.....had it up to 50mph.....sshhhh!!!!!!

Going to move it this weekend and take the cover off it, refit the tan doorcards and some trim bits and will fall in love with it again and decide to keep it, or take updated pics (its in all black guide coat now) and put it on Ebay with a reserve.

I've added up the value of all the bits and could easily part it out for way more than I want for it, but it's only going to be sold whole, as its such a rare car (never seen a rust free 82 before lol) I couldnt bring myself to break it.
Tony Westwood
Tony Westwood

Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:28 pm
Hi Alistair, DON'T DO IT MATE!!!!

You know yourself everytime you sell up you end up starting all over again.
Why?..... because you haven't finished it so there's a part of you that sees it as "unfinished business".

My advise mate is hang on to it, get it finished, and see how you feel then.
At least that way if you so still want to sell up again once it's done you will finally be able to say to yourself "I've done that, now I'm ready to move onto new", AND high quality well finished KITT replicas can still bring in top money even in the current financial climate, whereas people seem to want to pay peanuts for unfinished projects.

You never know mate, you just may get the bug all over again once you start driving the finished KITT.

Tony

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:58 pm
All good points Tony....but I've done the KITT replica thing 3 times now and had 6 Trans-Am's in the last 12 years LOL so I;ve done it all plenty of times already.

Going to let the ebay auction run and if it sells it sells, if not I'll keep and finish it as a stock 82.

J-Knight
J-Knight

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:17 pm
You're a TIT.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:49 am
Wont be saying that if I get a 2nd gen for us to play with Wink

Besides, the reserve hasn't been met yet.....so it might not sell anyway!
J-Knight
J-Knight

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:52 am
Yes I will. You're making a huge life choice error. Go home and think about what you have done.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:12 am
Dude, thats why the reserve isnt too low, not giving it away. If someone gets the car for the reserve price they are getting a cracking buy as they couldnt buy a later rust free base car then add all the 82 parts to it for anywhere near my reserve, so for a KITT builder its cheap. For someone wanting just any old Trans-Am in good condition, they will prob consider the reserve high, I've done the reserve aimed at a serious KITT builder.......its less than I could get for the car in bits, been offered £2500 for the running shell, £1500 for the interior, £750 the wheels and caps, £600 the bonnet...and thats not including the wings, taillights, rear bumper, doors, spoiler, center console, shifter, ground effects...ect...ect...ect

If it meets the reserve I'll be happy with the cash. With the other stuff going on at home I'll prob not have much time to devote to the car anyway, so better off with money and I'll replace it with another car thats not needing the same amount of work.....tempted to get a good 2nd Gen as an investment or possibly a Corvette or V12 XJS.

Just a question of will it meet the reserve or not.....if it doesn't I'm not advertising it again, I'll keep it forever and just mothball it till I've got time and space to get it sprayed.
dale love

Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:02 am
Shame yhe shell was lied about. Rusted away t top seal lips, engine in a very very poor state when told it was running mint, pmd drivers seat was fucked. Again told was mint. I would seriously consider thinking twice before buying from black t top ( alistair dunn)
dale love

Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:05 am
Plus the drivers door has been drilled in several places and filled. Needs a lot of work which wasnt mentioned. And the body has been sanded down with what i can only presume was a chain saw. Absolute monkey
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum