Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
HalloweenKnight
HalloweenKnight

The aircraft explosion in Pilot Empty The aircraft explosion in Pilot

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:47 pm
Just watched Knight of the Phoenix again and the aircraft explosion scene made me think how my view of the stunts have changed since I was a kid.
As a kid the stunts looked cool and awesome but I didn't think any further about them.
Now they still look cool and awesome but for instance in that explosion scene I now realize how dangerous they really are as one can see peaces of sheetmetal flying here and there, one even flies very close to the camera with quite high speed. They're most likely deadly sharp if they hit people and still Tanya Walker etc. can be seen in that scene. Perhaps they were stunt doubles as that scene looks really dangerous?

Nowdays realizing how dangerous the stunts were and knowing they were made for real and not CGI makes me appreciate the stunts even more than I used to as a kid.

hoffman95
hoffman95

The aircraft explosion in Pilot Empty Re: The aircraft explosion in Pilot

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:51 pm
Yeah I see where your coming from there things were done better I think in those days because explosions were real not a computer generated image.
Tony Westwood
Tony Westwood

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:55 pm
LOL, I only wish that the stunts on the Dukes Of Hazzard were CGI, that way they wouldn't have destroyed so many '69 Chargers!!!! lol!
KnaresboroughKnight
KnaresboroughKnight
http://www.chrisjonesaction.co.uk

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:22 am
Yeah they will 100% be stunt doubles, but what you probably saw exploding wasn't actually a 'real' plane as such. It may have been in part, but there is no way they would have simply blown up an actual passenger jet.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:39 am
they might have! its all real isnt it? michael knight still gets missions each week, Devon calls him on the Devon phone
KnaresboroughKnight
KnaresboroughKnight

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:52 am
Steve you tard...
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:27 pm
he he, put your hands up for the devon phone !

Yeah the stunts back then were great, these days it seems to be the slightest thing and it cuts to CGI
hoffman95
hoffman95

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:54 pm
I find CG strange because people say it's so realistic but you can still tell it's CG so it can't be that "REAL".I think in 20 or 30 years time we will look back at CG and talk about fake it looked.I prefer the older techniques like the ones in the original Star Wars and the stuntwork in Knight Rider.
KnaresboroughKnight
KnaresboroughKnight

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:32 am
Actual application of stuntwork has improved a lot too. Keep in mind that a lot of CGI shots include live action stuntwork against a blue/green screen backdrop.
hoffman95
hoffman95

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:59 pm
KnaresboroughKnight wrote:Actual application of stuntwork has improved a lot too. Keep in mind that a lot of CGI shots include live action stuntwork against a blue/green screen backdrop.
Yes I know what you mean I think it looks more realistic than just a CG model and CG background.It's actully quite similar to the effects used in the original Star Wars except it was models in front of a blue screen and Star Wars looks great even today. Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum