Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

License plate flipper

+3
Knight2339
pbryant_knight
corlando52
7 posters
Go down
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

License plate flipper - Page 2 Empty Re: License plate flipper

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:24 pm
Well, i'd probably be after 2 sets if he had Paypal. He's probably losing a lot of business by not having it.
corlando52

License plate flipper - Page 2 Empty Agreed

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:19 pm
pbryant_knight wrote:Well, i'd probably be after 2 sets if he had Paypal. He's probably losing a lot of business by not having it.

I totally agree with you and have told him so. I have had lots of other people say the same thing on other boards.
I've actually toyed with the idea (if he proves to be legit) of buying a bunch from him and selling them myself....I DO take Paypal.

Chris
pbryant_knight
pbryant_knight

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:21 pm
That sounds like a plan Smile

Peter
corlando52

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:19 pm
SCAM! My friend actually paid for one of these, and about a week after he paid for it, he got this email, supposedly from Customs. The broken English is indicative of the seller, whose emails all read the same way...

We have information and evidence that you purchased a device that
helps to hide the car number or change it to another (plate flipper)
is prohibited device!It is illegal!
We know that you have purchased the device through the payment system
Liberty Reserve.
This device helps the criminals to go unpunished.
We can do so that you will be serious problems, you will be arrested
and sent to prison.
Want to have a serious problem?
Glenn - Say you want to jail?
We arrested the device (plate flipper) which you sent from North Korea.
If you do not want the prison to contact us on this email for further
instructions.
For your security, we use this special email address [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Chris
Tony Westwood
Tony Westwood

Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:34 pm
Sorry mate, Now we know why he won't accept Paypal Mad
corlando52

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:23 pm
Yes, and I wrote to him and told him what I thought of him, as he's still asking me for my payment. I also reported him to Youtube, asking them to remove his video.

Chris

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:42 pm
Absolutley disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Id def get into posting warnings on all forums about this flipper and the guy himself.

Rik
corlando52

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:51 pm
Rik,
Yes, Already done.
Here is the email I sent to the scammer:

Sir, you are a SCAM ARTIST!
My friend, (name), sent you money through Liberty Reserve and received your fake email pretending to be South African Customs. We traced the email and know it was you who sent it. Government Agencies do not use Gmail accounts, you idiot.
I have reported you. It's such a shame because I have about 20 people interested in buying this, and, had you proved legitimate, I was willing to buy all the US Flippers you had and then sell them here. You could have made a LOT of money if you were honest. Now, you only have $150 and have been revealed as a Scammer. This is why I was waiting to pay you.
I hope you get thrown in jail.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:50 am
its absolutly disgraceful what levels some people will stoop too for money. I hope this fraudster does get whats coming to him.

Rik
corlando52

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:36 am
More on this saga... I got a reply from Flipperman:

Hello Chris

Is this a joke?

(name of friend) also wrote to us a strange message charges.

What happened? Why do you accuse us?

We are honest people and no one and never cheated!

Please we demand the proof that we have someone that cheated!

I replied:

Hello, and thank you for responding. There is only one way I can determine that you are honest and legitimate. Get a Paypal account and allow me to pay you that way. Liberty Reserve has no insurance against fraud, and keeps you anonymous. This makes everyone suspect you. I can guarantee that if you use Paypal, you will get at LEAST 10 more customers.
Have you shipped (name of friend) his flipper plate? I don't understand why he would have gotten this email, especially from a gmail account. Government agencies use a .gov email address.
If you did not send this email to Glenn, then I apologize. I suggest you try to get a Paypal account to prove you are indeed an honest person. This will give you credibility.
If you open a Paypal account, I will pay you immediately for mine, and spread the word. Believe me, you have a lot of money to make. But you also need to make this right with (name of friend).

Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:51 am
Hmmmmmm, i really dont think he is anything but a fraudster but we will have to wait and see. Its nice to be proven wrong ocassionally isnt it?

Rik
Knight_Watchman
Knight_Watchman

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:15 am
What a disappointment. I was ready to stick my name down for one of those cool devices. Since I saw the revolving plate on a silver DB5 I thought about inventing one myself but, like most things, I never got around to it.

The device that is shown on the YouTube video is genius, a great design. He's probably nicked it from some other device and adapted it but it works great, I want one !!

Is there anybody else that makes these or should we get together and form a consortium to license the patent and get a production going ?
knight2
knight2

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:26 am
I don't want to burst you bubble guys but what reaction do you think you will get if the police in the UK reallise you have this fitted?
They wiil probably think you ARE tryng to evade the law and speed cameras by having a quick changing reg number changer.
Yes, the idea is VERY COOL but the repercussions could be serious for you.

As for the maker.
Way back in 1999 when i sent Eric Nagy or Knightonline $5300 i had a slight nagging feeling that 'was this guy honest and legit'.He also claimed to not have a credit card acceptance system in operation just the 'good ole' IMO.Needless to say five and a half years of constant and stressfull communications i recieved my electronics he had for four and a half years ( it took Christian around a year to make them)and a set of templates that probably cost $150 to makebut nothing else for $5300!!!!

The purpose of this info, if you 'feel' the guy is'nt legit , always go with your hunches.It will save you ,time, stress,money and needless aggro.

......................Kevin
Knight_Watchman
Knight_Watchman

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:28 am
The issue isn't really what the rozzers think about it, it's whether or not it's legal.

Unless you get a tug and the copper is feeling particularly observant I can't see how he'll know.... unless...... you have decided to test out the evasion of speeding fines theory by wizzing passed each and every Gatso you can find meaning the entire police force are looking for KITT replicas. Laughing
knight2
knight2

Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:30 pm
I guess there are some hear who like to take chances.
The same as some decide not to have a front plate ( because K.I.T.T. did'nt have one!!!),or even the American style FONT. BOTH illegal and against the law here in the UK.Some like myself who was told that style font IS legal found that out the hard way.
As for the 'plate flipper' legality i would suggest No as most legal authorities would ask WHY would you want such and item to change between numbers THINK about it.
Each to their own......
Don't say you hav'nt been warned though

For the record too that guy sounds VERY dodgy....................

.............Kevin

Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:59 pm
A flip plate is a grey area here in the uk as it goes. M.O.T laws say ya its ok as long as its secure and all letters etc are of correct font, size and spacing.

Highway laws state that it has to be displayed and as far as im aware its totally legal to have one on your car, just obvoiously ILLEGAL to use it on a public highway.

Its a case of common sense. I have Autoloc flip ( Hideaway ) plates on my car and have never had an issue with them. If your stupid enough to flip them away or over ( dependant on type ) on a public highway then be prepared to suffer the consequences.

They are for show use only and should only be used as such.

There thats my 2 pence worth lol.

Rik
Knight_Watchman
Knight_Watchman

Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:16 pm
knight2 wrote:I guess there are some hear who like to take chances.
The same as some decide not to have a front plate ( because K.I.T.T. did'nt have one!!!),or even the American style FONT. BOTH illegal and against the law here in the UK.Some like myself who was told that style font IS legal found that out the hard way.
As for the 'plate flipper' legality i would suggest No as most legal authorities would ask WHY would you want such and item to change between numbers THINK about it.
Each to their own......
Don't say you hav'nt been warned though

For the record too that guy sounds VERY dodgy....................

.............Kevin

Thanks for the warning Dad. I'll try to be extra careful. Rolling Eyes
knight2
knight2

Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:15 pm
Hi Rik

I would agree with your comments totally.The same as the red scanner on the front.
I too have a automatic foldaway front plate ( purely for use at shows for ease of removing/hiding it quickly and easily with less hassel of removing screws).

( Knight watchman
As for the 'dad' remarks that comment about sums you up....Rebel indeed lol! )

........... Sleep
knight2
knight2

Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:29 pm
Actually if you de register your car and give back your driving license you don't have to have ANY plates at all. Even cheaper LOL..........
corlando52

Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:10 pm
As a close to this, I found a seller on DHgate.com and bought one from him. It is now on my car and works great. The best part about DHgate is that they hold your money in Escrow, and wait until you receive it and tell them you are happy with it until they release the money to the seller. Otherwise, you get your money back. It's a great arrangement.

Cheers!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum