Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think about forming a club?

+12
Mark Rolfe
Staffordshire Knight
sheltonw3
WelshGTA
Whicher
stue
Newcastle knight
Dave Stapley
knight5695
knighthawk
Lone_crusader
Admin
16 posters
Go down
Admin
Admin
https://knightrideruk.forum.st

What do you think about forming a club? Empty What do you think about forming a club?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:19 pm
Hey guys and gals,
Steve and I were talking and we pretty much like what the gang in Italy did, they actually formed a club not just a forum.
I'd like to hear your thoughts about what do you think if we do the same thing for us? Kinda get the KRUK on to the next level. We could call it Knights of the UK for example or similar. It would be for car owners at first place but also for everyone else who wants to join in as avid fan of KR.
I think it would be nice to know who are your members, how many cars with details, and when you go to shows you don't represent just yourself but also your club.

Also this is a pretty cool idea, because of strength in numbers, we can contact insurance, parts suppliers like rock auto for discount codes, I can even talk to the promoters I deal with like the management of Peter Pan and other shows to see if we can get a bit there too. Directing future KITT builders too to the club would be of great interest to vendors, and would put vendors more in the spotlight with accountability.

Thoughts please!

Thanks!

Last edited by Admin on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lone_crusader
Lone_crusader

What do you think about forming a club? Empty Re: What do you think about forming a club?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:49 pm
That's a brilliant idea!
knighthawk
knighthawk
http://www.kitt-northwest.co.uk

What do you think about forming a club? Empty Re: What do you think about forming a club?

Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:39 pm
Nice Idea.

Mike

Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:14 pm
sounds like a plan too me
knight5695
knight5695

Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:03 pm
hi i think its belting idea i own a pontiac firebird trans am stock car at the moment but next year i will be starting building my kitt it will be looking a bit rough but will i count as a car owner
Dave Stapley
Dave Stapley
http://www.soundclick.com/thegonzohouse

Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:50 pm
Sounds great, The hobby needs a bit more unity with all the stuff that's been going on recently.
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:05 pm
Im in, sounds like a good way to keep the whole spirit of Knight Rider going if people wanted to approach you at shows and learn more about the building of the car, or even just chat about the tv show !

It would be a shame if we couldnt use the Knight Rider UK name for this though

stue
stue

Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:56 pm
im in,great idea
Whicher
Whicher

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:20 am
I think this is a really great idea. Where do I sign up? Smile)
Admin
Admin

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:45 am
I would like to hear from more people specially from car owners and if you could chip in with suggestions about the name too.
I will try to reach out to the Universal about using Knight Rider in the name since they are owners of it but I don't have my hopes high. So best we get a spare version of the name Smile

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:58 am
Sounds like a great plan......if your interested I own the domain name for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was going to use it for the hire of my car.....it's live but just a crap 5min job webpage that i got free with the domain, but might be of interest to use as a club site.....be hard to get a better site name lol!

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:06 pm
i think its a great idea i hope we can all unite and all the bitchyness doesnt transfer over to the club if not then will be great lol
WelshGTA
WelshGTA

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:38 pm
that sounds like a great idea

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:10 am
Agreed, great idea, looking forward to it coming together as soon as...

As for uniting and ditching the bitchyness si, you reminded me of the quote from V for Vendetta, "Strength Through Unity, Unity Through Faith!"

Let's make this happen!

sheltonw3
sheltonw3

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:52 am
Keep it going foilks! Basketball
Admin
Admin

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:26 am
Guys do we have a lawyer and an accountant among us or do you have friends from those branches who would be willing to help us? Our friends from KRI who went through this have advised to talk to them. I did some checking and I believe we could register as an unincorporated association but since I'm not very well at home with UK laws think we should check with those two and see what does it mean from legal and tax view.
Staffordshire Knight
Staffordshire Knight

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:41 pm
Awesome idea. I agree though about trying to keep the board name of KRUK.com as a club name. You could have stickers made for cars as KRUK.COM as its a compact name so wont look a miss on a rear window etc plus your not then actually using the words Knight Rider but to be honest I cant see how Universal could do anything as long as you dont use there font cause the words Knight and Rider are not owned by them.
Admin
Admin

Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:06 pm
They don't own the words Knight and Rider but they do own the name "Knight Rider" lol
I like the KRUK.COM idea tho without actually using full name. Maybe KRUK.Club also?

So far I've had: Knights of the UK, KRUK.COM, KnightsClub anyone else want to chip in?
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:11 pm
"Talking-Trans-Am.com"

I was gonna use Talking Trans Am as my username for all the forums years and years ago but for some reason i went with Newcastle Knight ? Go figure, lol

"UK Knight Riders"

and ive saved the best one till last.......

"Steve and Marinas so super secret awesome knight rider club...NO CAMAROS" lol
Admin
Admin

Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:14 pm
Newcastle knight wrote:

and ive saved the best one till last.......

"Steve and Marinas so super secret awesome knight rider club...NO CAMAROS" lol

OMG ROFL Imagine that written on members card and T-shirts PSML we would need super sized members card You are a clown Mr Talking-Trans-Am

lol!
knight5695
knight5695

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:39 pm
hi i am in and here are some ideas
K2000KRUK
KITTKRUK
nightriderKRUK
flagkruk
krukflag
krflaguk

what do you think about them

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:46 am
lol nice one ian
Mark Rolfe
Mark Rolfe

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:28 pm
Knights of the UK does have a great ring to it... i'm in...
Mark Rolfe
Mark Rolfe

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:29 pm
Riders of the Knight UK ?

Or do i sound like a kerb crawler? lmao

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:37 pm
you didnt come up with the name tight rider as well did you mark lol
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum