Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
n knight
n knight

New Scanner Test Empty New Scanner Test

Sun May 02, 2010 9:49 am
Here is something i am working on, KR3000 style scan on my KITT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Alex
knight2
knight2

New Scanner Test Empty Re: New Scanner Test

Sun May 02, 2010 10:16 am
Hi
That looks and works great but somehow i feel that would be superb for the NEW Knightrider movie.It is an update on the origional.

.....................Kevin
Kitt

Sun May 02, 2010 7:09 pm
looks great, i'm still sold with the halogen trailing effect though Smile
n knight
n knight

Mon May 03, 2010 5:39 pm
here is how i did it, got the scanner light on ebay (link below), stacked the sticks of leds on top of each other, so it looks like 2 rows of leds, placed a frosted white plexi lens, and a red lens in front of the white one, keep the leds 1 inch away from the plexi lenses, and now you got the KR3000 scanner glow. if you put the leds too close to the lenses it looks like led dots. And the scanner is controlled by remote control.

I made my own bracket, used double stick 3m tape to hold the leds to the aluminum "L" shaped bar, then screw it down. The plexiglass I bought it at plexiglass shop, I had them precut.

Here is another video taken in the day and install under the hood

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alex
n knight
n knight

Mon May 03, 2010 5:45 pm
Kitt wrote:looks great, i'm still sold with the halogen trailing effect though Smile

the problem i was having with halogens, when i would do car shows, i couldnt leave the scanner on for a long time, if I dead is started melting the scanner lens, and the scanner gets very hot,i would also have to start my car once in awile so it wouldn't drain the battery. I am part of a StarCars group and we do shows every month. With LEDS i dont have to worry about battery drain or melting lenses.

Alex
Kitt

Tue May 04, 2010 1:51 am
n knight wrote:
Kitt wrote:looks great, i'm still sold with the halogen trailing effect though Smile

the problem i was having with halogens, when i would do car shows, i couldnt leave the scanner on for a long time, if I dead is started melting the scanner lens, and the scanner gets very hot,i would also have to start my car once in awile so it wouldn't drain the battery. I am part of a StarCars group and we do shows every month. With LEDS i dont have to worry about battery drain or melting lenses.

Alex

I see, was that brenons scanner?
I had mine running a good 6 hours off a leisure battery at a show, always good to have a spare one then you dont have to use the main battery Smile

Stu
Knight_Watchman
Knight_Watchman

Tue May 04, 2010 8:24 am
That looks VERY cool Alex, I love it. I prefer the original style scanner for KITT but that would look superb on a new KR Mustang.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum