Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
firebirdta84

Now Available - Authentic Original Series Scanner Bars! Empty Now Available - Authentic Original Series Scanner Bars!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:22 pm
As many of you know, I recently acquired an original series scanner bar and the schematics to power it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well, I am now pleased to say that I am able to offer copies of the scanner bar itself. Please note that this is only for the BAR, not the electronics to power it.

The bar will accept the circuitry and bulbs from all other scanner manufacturers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(NOTE: The amber lens shown above is without a diffuser in place. All other pics have the diffuser in).

I've only been able to find one metal shop in my area that is able/willing to create the bars. Different levels of finish are available and you can choose between a red or amber lens. All bars are made from steel like the original.

Level 1 - Unfinished - $185 plus shipping
- Scanner is sent in bare steel. Holes for the bulbs are included, however you will have to drill holes for the bulb mounting screws.
- Weld lines left un-smoothed (this is how the original bar is as well)
- Includes red or amber lens and diffuser
- Does not include bulbs

Level 2 - Partially finished - $200 plus shipping
- Scanner is painted with a heat resistant black paint. Holes for the bulbs are included, as are holes for the screws (must include the diameter of the bulb base)
- Weld lines left un-smoothed (this is how the original bar is as well)
- Does not include bulbs

Level 3 - Fully finished - $230 plus shipping
- Scanner is painted with a heat resistant black paint. Holes for the bulbs are included, as are holes for the screws (must include the diameter of the bulb base)
- Weld lines ground and smoothed
- Does not include bulbs

If you want a set of bulbs included, add $40. Extra lenses are $7 each. I will also consider custom orders. PM me for info.

Wait time is 3-4 weeks.

I am going to continue to shop around to see if I can find a place to make the bars cheaper. If so, the prices will come down.

Thanks!
Joe
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Now Available - Authentic Original Series Scanner Bars! Empty Re: Now Available - Authentic Original Series Scanner Bars!

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:39 pm
That is very cool Joe, i seen your original post on the foundation about getting the scanner. Im running a very bright LED scanner at the moment so it would be interesting to see how that would look inside one of your scanner bars. Ive got a lot of other important stuff to do first to get my car to KnightCon, but if your going to continue to make them then i will definitley have one later in the year !
firebirdta84

Now Available - Authentic Original Series Scanner Bars! Empty Re: Now Available - Authentic Original Series Scanner Bars!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:55 am
Yep I will be offering these for a while, so let me know when you are ready to purchase!

Joe
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum