Please log in to view the forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in to view the forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I invite EVERYONE to witness...

+17
knighthawk
Dave Stapley
Knight Passions
stue
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS
knight-rider.de
Knight2339
Kitt
x-knightbabe-x
hoffman95
ws6air
MK-Knight
Admin
KnaresboroughKnight
pbryant_knight
rattyzx6r
ivirscar
21 posters
Go down
stue
stue

I invite EVERYONE to witness... - Page 4 Empty Re: I invite EVERYONE to witness...

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:02 am
so now your tools are working dont you think now would be a good time to lock this and move on ??
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS
HALLOWEENKNIGHTS
http://halloweenknights.weebly.com/

I invite EVERYONE to witness... - Page 4 Empty Re: I invite EVERYONE to witness...

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:19 am
Hi Peter

Thats exatly what i said further up without pointing fingers at Br*nn*n as i would know he would turn on what i said .

By asking everyone to witness this thread , its like a red rag to a bull. Knowing people will get fired up about this.

What should have happened *PERIOD* was

[b]
I think this was posted knowing this would happen , we are not The Foundation where these things happen like a ( a playground ) .

Lets get back to reality and the decent non squabling forum and site we know and love. [i]

Last edited by HALLOWEENKNIGHTS on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
ivirscar
ivirscar
http://www.knight-f2k4.com

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:28 am
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Razz
KnaresboroughKnight
KnaresboroughKnight
http://www.chrisjonesaction.co.uk

Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:52 am
Lol at the amount of 'tools' in this thread and I'm not just talking about the useage of the word!
starskyknight
starskyknight
http://www.starsky-iom.com/replicar

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:01 am
This is why I am considering selling KITT. This isn't fun. It used to be, and this is why I don't frequent the other US boards any more, it's all arguments and bitching.

For sale, one KITT replica, its got bits copied from the original TV show, nothing is original, its all copied. Every single bit is copied. If you want original, ask Mike Scheffe to build you one.

rattyzx6r
rattyzx6r
http://www.torbaykitt.co.uk

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:10 am
starskyknight wrote:This is why I am considering selling KITT. This isn't fun. It used to be, and this is why I don't frequent the other US boards any more, it's all arguments and bitching.

For sale, one KITT replica, its got bits copied from the original TV show, nothing is original, its all copied. Every single bit is copied. If you want original, ask Mike Scheffe to build you one.

HI Starsky can i confirm that ur kitt is full copy and nothing but a copy so help me god haha As i think we have both been done because i think mines to is a copy of that car off the telly as well i feel so let down now Sad
rattyzx6r
rattyzx6r
http://www.torbaykitt.co.uk

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:19 am
Wanted to add i refuse to let petty people ruin my hobby and the fun i have with kitt and all the enjoyment i have building him and making parts for others as i wont build stuff that i would not use in my own car and i can be a bit fussy and want to slowly build a A+ replica so i dont really care what the likes of brenon have to say anymore as it really has nothing to do with him or any others as long as people are more then happy with bits that i make then im happy and unlike others im not looking for ££££ want to give everyone a chance at affordable parts for a car that i love and care alot about . And if you dont like dont buy but say how to improve and help us all out.

I love the uk forum most of us have all met a couple of times over the last couple of years and i dont think people should be coming on here trying to ruin the uk side of things. As i think we have all become great freinds and i for 1 want to keep it that way
starskyknight
starskyknight
http://www.starsky-iom.com/replicar

Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:16 am
Sadly, it's always been like this and will ever be thus I expect. KR just seems to attract all this BS. I am much happier on my TV/Movie car forum where it's mostly A-Team van builders, a few other TV cars too. Nobody who builds A-Team vans argues that you've copied their bullbar design, or their interior cabinets etc. We share with each other. It's a hobby, if someone wants to sell parts off the back of it's popularity, then cool. It's still a hobby though, and we enjoy it together, like most of KRUK does. Please keep it fun KRUK. Never forget you bought & built this car to live out a childhood dream, not to enter into a quasi-legal wrangling about intellectual property.

Piece of Cake.
Knight Focus
Knight Focus

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:33 pm
On that bombshell, and I think no more can be gained by keeping this topic open, I would close this down and archive it but I still don't seem to have any moderation powers on General topics and chat.

Over to you, Marina!

Not being a replica owner myself, I can imagine all this has left a sour taste in peoples mouths. I, for one, don't want to see any more recriminations on this subject and if there is I hope they will be closed down on quickly.

I'm sorry, Steve (starsky) if what has happened here has forced your hand into selling KITT, but I hope you remain on the forums as you have become a large part of it and I believe you would be sorely missed.

Can we please shut this down now?

Mike
Knight Passions
Knight Passions
http://www.knightpassions.net

Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:41 pm
Don't shut it down yet, Rik is going to let me know the measurements of his front nose very soon.

On the hand on this we know or it's a copy or not.
If it's not, then we also don't have to argue anymore that he copied it.

I would like to give Rik a honost chance about this, which is more then reasonable I think.

Thank you!

João
Newcastle knight
Newcastle knight

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:12 pm
João, i think you are being very polite about this and going about it in the right manner, thank you for that. I hope the matter can be resolved between all relevant parties and end on good terms !

I have a knight passions nose on my car, and i spent quite a bit of time at KnightCon talking with Rik and looking at his lovely car, and his nose does differ to mine as previously said, it is true that it resembles a knight passions nose, but then why wouldnt it? it resembles the nosecone that was on the screen used car throughout seasons 2 and 3. The lines are bound to be very similar to João's nosecone because thats the look thats trying to be achieved. its also like saying MCK's 4th season nose looks the same as Rob Louisells 4th season nose etc.

Ive got got no moderation capabilities either guys

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:37 pm
Joao,

Here are the nose measurements. Done i might add in between rain showers too lol as the only one available to me is the one on my car.
I really hope this now clears things up.

Rik

Nose Measurements

Back of scanner bay to peak of 28CM/11"
nose through the centerline
( so from the center of the scanner )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fog light openings

width 590CM/23&1/4" approx

height 7CM/2&3/4" approx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nose straight line width 200CM/62"
front corner to corner
( so not curving around nose but across top )

Side width from fender 24CM/9&1/4 " approx
to tip of lower peake
Scanner appeture

Width 9CM/3&1/2" approx

Length 49.5CM/9&1/2" approx

Recessed panels

Width 9CM/3&1/2" approx

Length 49CM/19&1/4" approx

Clearence ground to 59CM/22&1/2"
peake on car

The approx is on the inches as it is hard to do a perfect conversion. Im not sure what you measure in so ive done CM'S and INCHES.

Knight Focus
Knight Focus

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:25 pm
Knight Passions wrote:Don't shut it down yet, Rik is going to let me know the measurements of his front nose very soon.

On the hand on this we know or it's a copy or not.
If it's not, then we also don't have to argue anymore that he copied it.

I would like to give Rik a honost chance about this, which is more then reasonable I think.

Thank you!

João

This doesn't really need to be done on the forum, I don't want it to lead to more mudslinging and could have been done person to person and discussed between yourselves.

The topic had started with a discussion about a countdown and has escalated to this which has nothing to do with the original topic.

Mike
knight-rider.de
knight-rider.de

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:40 pm
I say today as yes! this has to be finished

I paye lot of Euros for my front end so bad it is copied!:@

too many thing have been copied I think from KITT pieces to the Legacy book

Markus
Admin
Admin
https://knightrideruk.forum.st

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:16 pm
Guys try now and see if your moderation tools are back...
Cheers
ivirscar
ivirscar

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:23 pm
I have accomplished my wish to bring this to the public's "eye" EXACTLY as it was presented to me by several long standing hobbyists and creators - The added "extras" in this thread can and should be easily overlooked and the subject at hand can be distinguished from so. It is now in the hands of Joao and Rik so let's now LEAVE IT THERE. Any"extras" posts from this point on should be disregarded.

I thank everyone directly involved for their time.

Brenon
Knight2339
Knight2339
http://www.kitthire.co.uk

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:42 pm
Backing down now??? we havent heard from Joao yet
ivirscar
ivirscar

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
It's in THEIR hands now... Why, you want more "fight"?? No
knight2
knight2

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:36 pm
Hi guys
A few weeks away from this board and i cannot (repeat CANNOT) believe what i'm reading.
I actually though for a brief moment i WAS reading a post from 'The Foundation' ( a site i certainly don't view anymore) and after reading these posts i can now understand and remember WHY that is.

This argument,judgement and mud slinging has been going on for SO LONG now it's OLD. and TIRING
Does the phrase...'let he who has not sinned cast the first stone ' spring to mind.
Let's face it guys, as someone here has already mentioned .In theory ALL replica parts makers are COPYING and recasting from Mike Scheffe and others who designed the KITT car for the show.PERIOD.
There is'nt reall that much room for maneuvering to say 'IT'S MINE and YOU COPIED IT!!Face up to it You DON'T like the competition .It's always been that way between some vendours (NOT ALL though).You feel someone has taken a few customers away.I personally would feel DAMN PROUD if someone copied my parts.They must think they were good and authentic enough to do so.
All this threatening and accusing is childish and shows your true character ,which is'nt surprising from some.
Brennon you have my respect as a person , make some fantastic parts and for the most treat your customers 'with respect' in a sale but when it comes to stirring the pot YOU my friend are Numero uno.
I've seen it happen a lot and why the hell did you bring this to light on this board!
You have achieved your aim.....To stir the pot again and cause a LOT of negative and unsettled emotions here which was not needed OR proffessional.
The parts in question had NOTHING to do WITH YOU did it.
It was up to those affected to sort this ,behind the scenes, which is how it should be done.
I thought this kind of synisiscm was over on these boards, but NO YOU chose to throw it out there.
i hope you feel pleased with your results.
As far as i can see Rik is doing a FANTASTIC job with his customers.
Making A1 parts, delivering on time, good prices and giving a varied choice to the enthusiast(which in Riks own words, some ajustments were needed to make them worthy for fitment and sale and make them more to his liking) and MOST IMPORTANTLY for the UK customer the shipping does'nt break the bank either.
Brennon my friend, if you were to put as much effort in getting YOUR parts out in a timely manner that you do in this sort of behaviour there would be knowone 'waiting 6 or more months for their parts would there.Put your efforts where there needed.
I'm afraid every time i see Irviscars name in these posts stirring the pot my estimation of you as a person and your actions get's lower and lower.Which IS SAD as when you came to this scene with 'the best scanner ever' i really admired you as an individual and the way you always liked to help.It has gone pear shaped for you my friend and 'The foundation' 'crew' have seen to that i feel sure.
You now need to 'earn the respect back' i feel with myself and a few here.

Let's hope this IS an end to all this egotistical and 'woe is me', 'he stole my rattle' garbage and get back to making replicas.
At the end of the day it's YOUR WORK that shines through(Something some may need to improve on)and your ATTITUDE as well that counts here.
As far as i can see and hear RIK has nothing to worry about there.
Now who's going to cast that stone.......eh.............Did'nt think so.
Be nice guys......................A VERY disallusioned Knightrider fan, replica carmaker (Kev to my 'friends')

Last edited by knight2 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
https://knightrideruk.forum.st

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:40 pm
Joao please PM the Admin profile when you want to reply and this will be unlocked

as of now, this will be locked down and put away

thank you
Knight Passions
Knight Passions
http://www.knightpassions.net

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:01 pm
I just measured my front nose and there are some differences in sizes, but they are small, some sizes are the same.

This is very hard to decide or the small differences in sizes are from modifying my front nose or not, so for me this only can be cleared up to see both (Rik's and mine) next to eachother to compare them.
Maybe seeing it on photos would be already oke, but to see them in real is better.

Oke, conclusion....let's let it be for what it is now, and next time I'm in the UK again, I like to check out Rik's front nose in person.

There will be a next Knight Con no? Wink

João
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum